Just a Game

Part 4

“We don’t need to let the other one know when and where we can meet but will meet anyways. We have luck for each other. Hi!” Pierre said as he saw David going down the street, hugging him. “Hello, Pie, it’s nice to meet you again.” The hug was really tight but David didn’t want to pull away at all. Pierre did. “You look happy, what’s the reason, Pierre?” “Oh just…am happy, yes. I met one boy and… it’s going well.” He smiled full of happiness and leaned on a wall, looking at David who was disappointed a little. “You met a boy, yes? It’s… awesome.” He said but didn’t look into his eyes. “Do I know him?” “Oh, I don’t know, maybe… yes! It’s the boy who came to our table in Mangiafoco, hah. He looked really impolite, didn’t he? But… he’s the sweetest guy I’ve ever met.” “It’s cool, yes.” David tried to cover his disgust towards the guy in the pizzeria. He continued: “What’s his name?” “Matthew. Matty. It’s maybe strange but we saw each other twice but we kissed yesterday, hah. I’m flooded with compliments everytime, he knows how to make me feel wholly better. Oh…we’ll see how’s it gonna be… what’s your opinion? I’ll stand it even if it will be negative, okay?” Pierre offered and David finally got a chance to say the truth he thinks about him. “Well, when he came to our table, he was totally impolite and I don’t believe a man can turn into a nice one in a minute… I mean… be careful with falling on love.” David gave him an advice. Pierre was a little taken aback. “O-oh-kay. I take it.” He smiled weakly.

“And what about you, um? Do you have an admirer? You’re a nice boy, I’m sure everybody wants you, am I right?” Pierre asked a question while going down the street next to David who was huddled up in his shawl. “Well, I have someone I want but he doesn’t take a notice of me at all. He’s too silly, to be honest.” David admitted a first part with continuing: “He’s too easy to get and… unsuspecting and gullible, yes.” David said the truth. “Oh, it’s too much but… hopefully it will turn out well. You deserve a perfect half to be with.” Pierre said and grinned a little. “Thank you, Pierre. I’m really glad mum took me to the concert and I had the opportunity to meet you.” “Aw, thank you. I’m glad I know you, too.” They hugged and… there was a silence for a while. Neither knew what to say and it was kinda embarrassing, gotta say. Then David took a risk: “Have I ever told you about your incredibly beautiful eyes?” Pierre was shocked slightly. “Well…-“ “You do have the most beautiful eyes. Deep inside them I see a glimmer of your heart that says exactly who you are.” Pierre was looking at him for a long moment before he managed to chase the hesitation away. “Aww.. thank you. It took my breath away a bit.”

Pierre was hesitating all the time he was with David. Finally, when David decided to go home, he didn’t even smile. Just even the little smile would make the whole serious situation much better but, it didn’t appear at all.

*****

It’s been a while David didn’t see Pierre. He tries to spend the most time with his boyfriend Matt and it breaks David’s heart. Pierre doesn’t care about him at all, he thinks. And to be honest, their relationship’s going well, going perfectly with no hassles, no fights just a ship as it should be.
“You know, baby, I gotta tell you something.” Matt started and held Pierre’s hands as they met on a road. “Talk on. Is something wrong? What? Don’t you want me anymore, Matty? Hey what if-“ “Calm down, hon. I want you still and forever, okay? Do not freak out just… I’m in troubles.” As Matthew finished that sentence Pierre’s eyes widened in a while with confusion. “What? Wait, I don’t get it. What troubles are you in?” Pierre asked confused and slightly frightened. He was wrapped by Matt’s arms. “Have I told you about my younger brother? He’s a troublemaker and I have to pay for his lies and disorderly conduct. You know, he made me a huge debt and… I have no money to pay it up.” Matt burst into tears. “Jeez, come on, sweetie, don’t you cry.” Pierre pulled him into a tight hug, stroking his hair. “It’s so meddlesome to beg about money, Pierre, I know it. But I’m in so huge debts and have no means to repay it.” Matt’s tear drops drenched Pierre’s jacket. He was thinking about this horrible situation for a long time but he couldn’t find a way out. At all. After a moment when Matthew stopped sobbing he said: “Matty, when we started dating I told you I’m here for you. I’ll get the money, Matt. I will.” This sentence protected with a serious expression in a face of an author of the speech was really soothing and balmy for Matthew. “Oh my god, what I would do if I hadn’t you, Pierre. Thanks,” the thanks wasn’t so convincing and sincere as Pierre expected but he didn’t mind, he let it be. “No need to thank, my love. I’ll do anything to help you.” He said and kissed him.
Pierre was trying to get the money however it could be obtained but there was no way to get so much money. It’s a big deal and huge amount of money for a common man as Pierre is. Two days have passed since the day Pierre got the report about Matt’s debts. While Pierre was tormenting himself by thinking about a right person to ask for some money, David was doing the same. He was repining himself with a heartache and sorrow. David’s still at home, looking at some pictures with Pierre he got with no lust to talk to anyone apart from Pierre.