Status: Stand alone.

Turning Page

1/1

As I got my bow tie adjusted I looked over myself in the mirror, feeling my lips tug up into a smirk before mumbling to myself "Looking good, Barakat." I lift my hand in order to tousle up my hair a little more before walking from my room and down the hall. Stopping right above the stairs, taking a deep breath to calm my nerves a little, stepping forward to glance down the stairs. My eyes immediately fell on him, looking him over and I could feel my heart fluttering as my smile only widened. He looked stunning. His dark brown hair was tousled to perfection and his suit made me swoon. That was my boyfriend. "Alex." I whispered quietly but just enough for him to hear, his head instantly popped up, his eyes looking to me. I saw his lips turn up as he looked me up and down. I made a gesture for him as I slowly walked down the stairs for him to meet me halfway.
"You look stunning, Alexander William." I whispered once he was standing in front of me. He lifted a hand to cup my cheek, my face flushed lightly from the affectionate gesture.
"You look stunning yourself, Barakat, Jack Barakat." He let out a little laugh at his own joke, which somehow made my grin even wider as I laughed softly with him. I lean down slowly to nudge my nose against his, placing my hand on his hip, I spoke softly.
"Are you ready to go dance your ass off?" Raising a brow as a questioning look appeared on my face.
"As long as you're making a fool of yourself right next to me." He nodded his head before pulling away to take my hand, leading me down the rest of the stairs. My mom rushed into the room in that moment holding the camera, automatically snapping a picture of Alex helping me down the stairs. I glared over to her as she gave me a knowing smile.
"Boys, can you come outside before you leave so I can take some pictures?" She asked and Alex nodded his head as I kept the glare before finally nodding as well. I pulled Alex along out the front door, making my way over to our garden to stand in front of it. My mom stood in front of us, snapping a few pictures before she finally got enough. "Thank you, boys." She gave us a smile before turning on her heel to walk back into the house. I turned to Alex to give him a gentle peck on the lips, cupping his face with my right hand before hearing a click and turning my head to see my mom still holding the camera up. I rolled my eyes at her before turning my attention back to him.
"Ready now, baby?" I asked softly. He gave me a nod and took me by my hand to lead me over to his car, opening my door for me and helping me in. I couldn't help but smile at him, he was my knight in shining armor. Alex Gaskarth was perfect and he was mine. In the car I could not stay still. Alex seemed fine but I was nervous. I was fidgeting in my seat. This was suppose to be one of those nights, the nights you'll never forget, one of those ones that were suppose to be perfect. I knew my night would be perfect because Alex knew what he was doing, he had confidence whereas I lacked. I just didn't want to ruin Alex's night. I tried to calm myself a bit as Alex parked the car in the parking lot of the bay. It took no time for Alex and I to end up on the boat, sitting down at our table with Rian, Zack and a few of our other friends.
During dinner Alex had slipped his hand under the table and placed it on my thigh. At first I tensed up a little before letting out a short sigh and relaxing under his touch, I trusted Alex. Then the music started up and most of our friends got up to head to the dance floor. I glanced to Alex and he smiled, pulling me up on my feet to bring me to the dance floor. I couldn't dance but it was okay because Alex couldn't either so we danced as best as we could together, the song changed from fast pace to slow and Alex instantly placed his hands on my waist, pulling me closer to him. I inhaled quickly and took a step closer to him, lifting my arms to loop around his shoulders, he leaned in and placed his head on my shoulder, I rested my head against his as we swayed slowly together. I could hear my own heart beating way too fast but it was okay because Alex was holding me, I trusted him unlike anyone else in the whole world. I took in deep breaths to calm my nerves. His voice broke the silence between us.
"You're a great dancer, Jay." I laughed a bit at his words, tilting my head to look down at him, shaking my head at him.
"I have no idea what I'm doing." I whispered, my gaze going to his to lock as we swayed slowly.
"Yet you are doing it like you know." A blush came onto my cheeks and I lifted up my shoulder slightly. After a few hours of dancing and talking and just having a good time, the room started to clear out. Rian came over to us and said he was heading off to a hotel, winking at us. I looked to Alex innocently when he lowered his voice to speak to me.
"Wanna get outta here?" I just simply nodded, swallowing the lump in my throat. Alex and I had never gone farther than dry humping each other and the occasional hand job, that rarely ever happened. He didn't push me to do anything I wasn't comfortable with. He lead me toward the back exit of the room and out into the hall. Alex grabbed my hand and laced our fingers, bringing my hand up to his lips to kiss. When I looked at him, I realized that I was ready for this, Alex had always been the only to love me and calm me down, ever since we were young. I wanted to give this to him.
He lead me out to the car and open the door for me, allowing me to get in before he closed the door for me. He walked around the car to get in as I buckled my seatbelt. Alex drove while I looked out the window and thought through what we were about to do. My attention being pulled away once I felt the car stop and I heard Alex turn the car off. I looked up and saw a small coffee shop in front of us, my lips instantly curled up.
"Why are we here?" I curiously tilt my head to look at Alex, showing off my grin to him as he unbuckles himself from the seat and opens his own door.
"Well, because I wanna have a cup of coffee with you and pick your brain, Barakat." He just lifts a shoulder at me before he closes his door and walks around my side to get mine, though I open it first he reaches his hand out to help me up from the seat.
"Such a gentleman tonight." I mumbled as he lead me right into the coffee shop, he brought me over to a private booth, before he leaned down to place a kiss on my forehead.
"The usual?" I just nodded to his question, watching him walk away with a grin on my lips, I looked around the coffee shop, seeing another couple dressed up, who I couldn't remember their names but I knew they came from the prom here, like Alex and I had. I smiled up at Alex when he came back with two cups in hand, placing one in front of me before he sat across from me.
"Did you enjoy prom?" I asked him quickly so no silence between us. I took a sip of my coffee, humming in content when it was perfect, just how I usually like it.
"It's not over yet, but so far, tonight with you has been amazing." He nodded to me, flashing me a smile that showed off his dimples. I lifted up an eyebrow in question as he said the night wasn't over. I knew what he was hinting toward, the thing most couples do on prom night. I already decided that I was ready but having more time to think about it, made me even more nervous because all the things that could go wrong were playing in my head.
"It's not over yet but I'm sure the rest of the night will be perfect." I mumbled against the cup before finishing its contents, putting down the cup to play with my fingers. Alex reached across the table to grab my hand, rubbing the back of my hand with his thumb. I watched him hip on his coffee for a while before he finally finished.
"Ready for the next and finale stop?" He lifted an eyebrow like I had done early and I just nodded, standing up and letting go of his hand, walking over to throw away my disposable cup, waiting for Alex to follow, holding the door open for him.
After we both got into the car, I once again, looked out the window and hummed along to the song that was coming thorough the speaks in Alex's car. Inhaling deep breaths to keep myself calm, smiling at myself as I think about how much this meant to us, the next step in our relationship. Once again, I was confused at where we stopped. This was the final stop, the park.
Alex got out of the car before I could ask any questions, he came around the other side of the car to get me, I decided not to ask. He had something up his sleeve, I was going to sit back and wait for it to play out. He took my hand in his, lacing our fingers before walking me toward the swings. He stopped in front of the swings and turned to me.
Suddenly Alex was on his knee in front of me, my eyes widen as I looked down at him. My head started to spin, only to be stopped when I saw Alex's lips part to speak to me, I waited as he hesitated for a moment.
"Jack, this is where we first met, when we were young. That coffee shop, was where I fell in love with you and right here is where our kids will play, right where we did. My mom asked me what I wanted to do after high school and where I saw myself, all I can see in my future is you. I am not asking you to marry me, I am promising you that one day, I will ask. For now, this is a place holder, until we are both ready for that. This is my promise, to love you always, to be yours, to not forget what has made us so perfect. When you look down at it, just be reminded that I am yours, completely." He slid the ring up my finger, my breath had already been caught in my throat so it took me a moment or two to speak, once I did, my voice came out choked, causing me to stutter.
"I promise, that as long as I wear this ring, that I will love you. I will love you with everything I have. I can't imagine being without you. You have always been my best friend, attached to my hip. I need you." I spoke as I bent at my knees, leaning in swiftly to place my lips lightly on Alex's. He quickly pressed back with more passion. His arms went around me to hold me closer to him.
He picked me up and walked us down to a private area near the lake, laying me down on the grass. He laid with me as the sun came up. During the early hours, Alex whispered in my ear that he wasn't ready for sex yet, that he wanted it to be extra special for both of us when we finally were both ready. Soon after that, he fell asleep on my chest. I stroked his hair until I fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am not sure how much I like this, but yay for fluffy Jalex.