Breaking News

Anger Rising

The red carpet was like all the other ones. There were people lined up for what seemed like miles with cameras and microphones. I put on a smile and posed with Phoenix for a couple of pictures before splitting up to answer some of the reporters' questions.

Honestly, I hated this part of my job. It wasn't really that much fun. I always put on the smile and told them what they wanted to hear, keeping it as close to the truth as I could. I didn't want them to know everything in my life.

Phoenix stepped next to me again and whispered in my ear, "This is so interesting."

"It gets old," I muttered back.

We got inside the building. I noticed Bruno standing in a group. I groaned. This wasn't going to be interesting. I pulled Phoenix along with me, trying to push past some of the other people. I didn't want to get into a fight here. Too much has already happened in the news surrounding Phoenix and me.

"You have some nerve," a voice called behind us.

I turned to see Bruno, standing there waiting for a reply. I stared at him for a second. I didn't say anything. I had nothing to say.

"Bruno, you need to stop this," Phoenix reasons. It's clear that she is annoyed. Her accent is spiking up a little bit. "This isn't the time nor the place to start drama."

"Really? And dumping in front of everyone in a hotel was a perfect place?" He was being defiant. He wasn't just going to let this go.

"Back off. If you want to start something, then wait a few days," I barked at him. "Besides, what the fuck does it matter? She wasn't happy with you, so she ended it."

My words seemed to piss him off. "Oh, and you can make her happy?" he asked.

"It seems like it," I replied. "I keep her happier than you."

Bruno's hands tightened into fists. He moved one, aiming at my face. His fist landed on my ribs. I sucked in hair before giving him a punch, sending him to the ground with a thud.. He looked up at me shocked. "I told you to back off," I growled.
♠ ♠ ♠
I did change my username to Scandinavia.