Breaking News

Comfort

Phoenix stepped of stage, looking at me with a smile. "Come on," she called to me.

I smiled at her followed her back to the dressing room. It was like any other dressing room. It wasn't fancy. There was a table with a mirror in front of it. There was a rack of hangers stuck in the corner. Phoenix sat down on the chair in front of the table.

"You were amazing on stage," I said. I bent down and kissed her on her lips.

She smiled at me when I pulled away. She started to say something, but she just stood up and wrapped her arms around my waist. I hugged her back tightly. She just held onto me. I could only wonder what was going on in her thoughts. "It's nice to be with you here," she whispered to me.

"Is something wrong?" I asked her.

She opened her mouth to say something, but she just shook her head. "I don't want to talk about it," she muttered.

"Come on, Phoenix. You can tell me anything," I informed her. "I can't comfort you if I don't know what is bothering you."

She sighed, trying to form the words. "I don't want to see my mom. I already know what she is going to tell me, and I don't want to hear it," she replied after a few minutes of silence.

"I'm here. Besides, maybe she won't bring it up," I suggested. I knew that it was just a hope, and I really didn't know what I was talking about. I didn't know her mother, but Phoenix needed comfort. Comfort was what I was going to give her.

"I don't think that will happen," she muttered.

"Don't be so hard on yourself," I said. I pulled her into my chest, holding her. "I'm sure things will get better."

She nodded in my chest. I knew that she didn't fully believe me, but she was trying to believe me. It was clear that she wanted to. I just wished that she wouldn't worry as much as she was. She needed to hope for the best.