Breaking News

Not Meant to Be

Seeing Phoenix at the party was something else. I hated myself because I knew I should be there for her since she was having my child. I knew that I was being irresponsible. It was just that I couldn't face her anymore after all the hell that we went through. I thought things were going to work out, but things could never be like that. They just couldn't.

When I got home from the party, I didn't know how to handle myself. I was mad at myself. I was furious at how things ended up. I loved her, but I just couldn't bring myself to walk up to her. I felt like I had moved on, and in a way I had. I didn't dream of her anymore like I had in the beginning. I stopped expecting her to walk into my apartment.

I spent more time with Cameron than I probably should have. I didn't like being in the apartment by myself anymore. There were too many memories. Those memories were the reason why I was moving across town into a bigger apartment that had nothing to do with Phoenix.

"You know if you weren't so stubborn, she would still be here," Cameron said behind me.

"It's as much as my fault as hers, you know?" I replied, turning to look at him. "We were both stubborn idiots, and maybe we shouldn't have even dated in the first place."

I kicked the nearest box, sending flying across the room. It felt good getting rid of the energy that I was carrying. I felt like something had been released when my foot connected to the brown cardboard box.

"You don't mean that," he pointed out. "You know if you could do it all over, you would."

"With this ending? Where she is with another man, and I'm here alone?" I asked him.

"If you weren't so fucking hard-headed, you wouldn't have let it come to this," he argued.

I sighed, shaking my head. "Maybe you're right," I mutter. "I don't know. Maybe we weren't meant to be like we thought in the first place. Maybe she does belong with the guy she is with now."

Cameron patted my shoulder. "Sometimes, things just don't work out as we planned," he said, trying to comfort me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, the chapter is unintentionally inspired by the song Not Meant to Be by Theory of a Deadman. Hence, the reason why it's the chapter title. I do hope that you are enjoying this.