Status: Complete

I Walk a Fine Line

Chapter IV: Greece

I had walked to Delphi all the way from Athens. I had come looking for the two that were like me. The one I had come looking to wed, but I would have to prove myself. I walked my way through the twisting and winding passages, while the deceased architect told me where to go; images of the history of the marble running through my head at the speed of light.

I came to the golden doors of the only oracle there was. The real beholder of the gift. I pushed the doors open to see a guy that stood in a black robe. The golden light of the room seemed to make the marble dance. Torches bathed the room in a glow that was very odd, I would have thought they had burning pillars.

"If you wish for Apollo's daughter to see you, then you must prove your worth," the hooded figure spoke. His voice was much higher then you would think. Though statuesque and gaunt, he had a gift that was to be feared by many. The endowment of mind control was not to be taken lightly.

"I am destined to be here, as I am sure you know. Helena has told you about me, I have traveled long and far, I know you are trying to get into my mind, but it is a needle in the stack of straw for your goats that you are looking for: I wish you the greatest of luck. But I have come to ask for your kin's hand in holy matrimony under the goddess of Hera herself." I was very clear in my intentions

"What do you have to offer? The blood-line is only from the purest of minds, and most fetching of people," The man questioned, his face never twitch, except to talk.

"You are the younger brother of your sister, Helena. Her name was created to honor Hera herself. You tend not to speak, but use you actions, or, in your case, others' minds to do your free will. Your mother died in birth, almost taking you with her, while your father was a solider at war and died in battle. You were very young, no kin other then you sibling. You feel the need to protect her, but yet you are having a hard time using your powers on me. I am one of you, I see the past from just touching things. I speak to those who have escaped the grasp of Hades." I was very clear; each of my words were crisp in the air.
A small nod and bow, and I was lead to my bride-to-be. Though I had only seen her in dreams, she was beautiful. Long black hair that seemed to curl at the ends, skin that made marble pale in comparison to the flawless cream, eyes that were like a green sea with the copper of rust running through it, and a face that made Aphrodite look like a whore. A long chiffon dress in the richest gold hues, with red running like a streak of black through marble.

A golden serpent encircled her waist; a real serpent at that. Her eyes were glazed over as she perched herself on the three-legged stool. Her slender frame stiff in thought, the small inhales and exhales the only sign of life that could be seen.

The long lashes brushed her cheeks when she closed her eyes. The soft smile on her face. "I can see you, I am truly honored that have traveled such a long way."

Her voice was like this music that seemed to ring in my ears. Like the sweet bells that were used in the far off lands. The river beating sound seemed to repeat its self.

"It was my pleasure it got me to ponder in my own thoughts," I told her as I slowly walked forward. I was greeted by a sweet giggle. She was slightly younger then I, but only by a year. She was perfect.
"Helena how do you feel about marriage?" I asked as I sat on the small stool that was in front of the young maiden.

"Faenus, are you saying that I am to go into wedlock with you?" Helena was all but bouncing on her stool
"My dear, that is what I proposed to your brother and he gave me his blessing of sorts," I told the princess. "Mikos gave me the go head for us to get married."

I was met with the young girl's lips upon mine, in a slow gentle meeting.

Everything flashed in my head and I saw Gerard look at me at the same time I looked at him. What the hell was that? Did Mikey do that? Does this mean Gerard and I are married? What the hell was that and what did it mean?!