Status: Complete

I Walk a Fine Line

Chapter V: The Mind is Beautiful

Frank looked at Mikey and I, then sat down in a chair.
“Well Gerard, I think we know why you're a bit girly, Mikey, you are a powerful fucker, and I was a wimp.” Frank looked like he was looking through the full vision again. I felt really weak and I started to shake. I wasn't scared or in any pain.
Frank and Mikey laid me down as images flashed through my mind at the speed of light. I stopped shaking and felt calm, like I just needed to sleep. Do you know that feeling, when your about to pass out? That feeling where you feel like-- just, numb? That’s what I felt like, only I felt like I was above the world and floating as I moved.
I was in the place where all of the trees were. Everything was black and white but that river of red and blue. The red seemed to overtake the blue and the shadows seemed to move at a crawling pace, just barely moving.
I looked down at myself to see I was back in the gown I was in before. I felt my head being lifted and my eyes met Frank’s.
“Gerard, you look just wonderful in anything you wear. You are just so kind and selfless, how can you not care about yourself? Your brother is the most thing in your whole world?” Frank looked me in the eyes, his own shining orbs showing the most emotion that I have ever seen.
“He’s all I have; we lost our parents years ago in a car crash and our grandparents died when I was six, so Mikey was three. He doesn't remember them like I do and my memories are cloudy as it is. I want him to have what I didn't when I was his age. I want him to be able to enjoy life and his high school years rather than dread it like I did. I just want him to be happy.” Every word I said was 100% true.
“Gerard, I just want you to know that I am here for you, no matter what, and I hope that you can trust me enough that you will tell me what bothers you. The minute you walked into my tent, I knew that you and your brother were close to me in some way. But Gerard, you just get to me; it’s like I've known you for years and that I know all of your secrets that not even your brother knows.” Frank wrapped his arms around my waist and I placed my head on his shoulder.
“Frank, why do you care so much about me?” I asked. Just three days ago, I was thinking of taking my own life when Mikey turned eighteen, and I didn't see anything wrong with it. But now, I can’t do that; I have Frank and it would hurt him more than it would me. And, then Mikey would be the only person of the Way blood line.
“You're the only person I have ever met that is even the slightest bit kind to me, and for that, I am thankful. Gerard, I can hear every single one of your thoughts and the fact that you were going to kill yourself kills me. You are too special to do anything of the sort.” Frank smiled at me and placed his head on my shoulder.

“I’m not going to Frank. I feel the same way for you as you do me.” I turned my head so I could see Frank.

“Would you like to go on a date with me Gerard? I know it’s soon and all, but I think we would have fun.” Frank smiled at me before he kissed me. Our lips melted together. There was no tongue, just soft touches of our lips moving in sync and the fireworks erupting. When I pulled away, the colored lights were spinning in the forest of black and white. Green, yellow, blue, red, and purple all swirled together creating a kaleidoscope of colors at a blurring speed.

“Yes, Frank, I would like to go on a date with you,” I smiled at him and saw the black and white fading to color. The trees grew the greenest of leaves, the grass was soft and vibrant, the river a clear turquoise, the sky turned a blue with fluffy white clouds.

“Gerard, this is amazing.” Frank turned around in his spot and looked in the sky and I saw it too.
The clouds formed Frank and I holding hands, while I had my head on his shoulder. The sight before us was akin to something straight out of a fairy tale.

A path made out of cobblestone lead the way to something. Everything was just so wonderful. I felt like just sitting down and drawing it out and then framing it for the world to see how wonderful the mind can be.

A warm sun was shining on our skin, kissing and warming it. The snow had long gone by now and I felt truly happy. This was it. This was the man that I was meant to love. Frank was the person I loved and he felt the same way; I can feel it.

“Frank, what is your last name?” I asked, just wanting to know.

“Iero. Your's?” Frank wrapped his arms around my waist, just standing behind me, not doing anything but being close.

“Way,” I answered, saying nothing more in fear of ruining the moment.

Iero-Way, or Way-Iero; I liked that. I hope that, someday, Frank and I can get married. Frank ran his fingers through my red hair and I smiled; the soft touches felt good. I was happy and safe; I was with Frank Iero and, for once, felt like I belonged somewhere.