The Poetry Teacher

What about the ring?

Once the sun setted and the sparkling stars came into view, Billie and I let out a deep sigh at the same time. It followed with hit of laughter coming from both of us, and decided to stand up and go home. I haven't been home for a while now and my mom didn't even bother to call me, so whatever. The problem was that I didn't have spare clothes, so billie and I would head quietly to my house so I could grab some more clothes for school and the other weekeend to come. I loved staying over at Billie's house, I actually preferred it to my house.

A little while passed and we were already turning at the corner to Billie's house. We did a stop on the front of the drive way and Billie turned off the car. He just sat there, looking into my eyes, making me grow weak in the knees. I smiled at him and broke the silence, "I had a great time today, thanks babe."

He grinned and replied, "No problem sweety, like the ring?"

I glanced at the precious ring with a small row of pink diamonds and back into his eyes. I agreed, "Yeah, alot, this was so unexpected you know?"

He looked down at his hands for a while and said, "Yeah, it must've been, but do you think the time was right?"

I gave him a small kiss, meaning a, "Yes, of course!" and he gladly kissed back. He whispered, "Let's get inside."

I nodded as he opened the door and got out, openeing my door as he was at it. I smiled and got out. We got the stuff out of the trunk, closed it, and headed inside.

....................................................................................................................................................................

It was morning already and I didn't want to get up at all, I just wanted to stay in Billie's arms for the whole morning. The bright sun was in my eyes, leaving me completely blind, and I covered them with the covers. I turned to Billie's side, watching him sleep, and I kissed his soft lips carefully, as not to waked him up. A while passed and his bright green eyes opened, starring back at my opaqued green ones. He planted a small kiss on my lips and continued starring at me, grabbing my hand underneath the covers. I held his' tightly, wanting this moment to last forever.

He whispered, "Wanna miss school?"

I jocked in a low tone, "You're a bad teacher you know that? how are your students going to learn if you keep being absent?"

He smirked and said, "They'll just have some free time...they'll live, but I won't if don't get enough alone time with you."

I smiled and planted another kiss on his lips, the replied, "You will, don't worry, it's just that I'm falling behind...and so are you."

He let out an angry moan like a five year old, and whined, "Do we have to? It's boring over there."

I replied in a motherly tone, "Well sweety you still have to go, you don't want to get fired, do you. Also, if you leave, you won't see my pretty face anymore."

He raised an eyebrow, thinking of what I just said, then agreed, "you got a point there, sunshine, let's get going before we're late."

I glanced at the bedside alarm clock, and said, "We're already late."

Billie sighed and started to get dressed, since he already took a shower the other day. I just sat there on the bed, watching him get dressed. Just as he noticed, he signaled to my doufle bag, telling me to get dressed. I let out a pout, making him laugh, and got dressed. When we were finished, I grabbed my school bag as he grabbed his bag, and headed out with a pop tart in hand. I got in the passenger's seat as I left my car in the drive way, as he got in the driver's seat and took off. I wasn't in the mood to go to school, neither was Billie, but it would be over soon.

I didn't notice I had my engagement ring, as I glanced at it all of a sudden. I turned to billie, but he was driving, i asked him anyway, "Should I leave it on?"

He looked towards me and then at the prescious ring, he said, "Sure why not, it doesn't look too high mentanance."

I smiled and stared at it once more, he was right, it was delecate enough for a 16 year old, I could just say it was a present. A few minutes passed and we finally arrived at the crazy/boring school. Billie parked in the teacher's parking lot and got off the car, openeing my door and grabbing his stuff from the back seat. I got off and grabbed my stuff from the back seat as well. We walked into campus, heading for the magnet hall, realizing the bell rang a little while later. I kissed him good bye as I was heading to my first class and him to his class.