The Poetry Teacher

Let's get away

Billie's pov...When Sandy meant let's get outta here, she meant out of campus and into the city. I drove as fast as I could, just so no one from school would catch me n especially with a 16 year old fiancee in the car! We headed downtown, just to hang out as a couple. I parked on a curb where someone doesn't toll my car and we started walking down the crowded sidewalks and streets. We went into a starbuck for some frapuchinos and then to the local stores. I bought Sandy a nice shirt and she bought me a new studded belt and a hot pink tie which i liked very much. We also got a matching pair of black skinny jeans just so when we wore them, we won't forget eachother if we get mad and not talk for 2 weeks.

I figured out that i love Sandy's rebelous side apart from her sweet but yet confident side. Also i found this really awsome, just being togethere like this, who needs school?! When we finished buying our accesories, we walked some more and took cool pics of each other. We took them together or separately, but mostly together. We would be walking down the street, instead of on the sidewalk, holding hands, and people would be looking at us weird. We would even run out of the way of metros, taxis, or working cars, them honking furously at us. That i found badass and we would either flip them off or laugh at them.

When we were finisjed walking, we headed to my car, got inside, and drove away smewhere else. After all this time, I thought of my stuff still laying around in my classroom and looked at the time. It was around 4 already, the kids are already out, time goesby so fast when you're having the time of your life. I told Sandy, "Babe, i left my stuff in my classroom, I have to go get it, or else it's gone by morning."

She giggled and replied, "Alright babe,let's get going then."

I sped off to the school and arived there in a couple of minutes. I got out the car as I parked in the front. I made my way to the magnet hall, the school was deserted, but there was only a few teachers left. I was gonna open the door to the hall, but it was locked. I pulled on it hard, until it opened and headed inside. I unlocked my classroom, headed in, grabbed my stuff, and headed out. I locked the classroom back and went out the double doors. Then, I feel like I'm stopped by somebody as I'm walking. I looked around and saw the vice principal. I gulped and asked nervously, "Is something the matter?"

She replied, "Yes Mr. Armstrong, would you please come with me?"

I nodded and headed with her to the office, I suppose. A little while later, we arrived and she told me to take a sit in her office. I did as I was told and she said sternly, "I've been having some doubts about you Mr. Armstrong. You've been leaving campus regularly with a girl that looks extremely younger than you. Also, i've heard about a huge insident that you had this afternoon with a student, would you explain any of this to me?"

I swalloed a huge lump in my throat and reasoned, "Well, Ms. Carol, um I apologize for leaving campus when i'm not supposed to. About the girl,um, she always needs a ride home, because her parents can't take her to school cuz they work early and stuff. About the insident, well, that kid is bad news and he intimidated to hurt the girl I take home regularly. You see Ms, he tried to rape her in the empty band room, and i had to take action. I'm sorry that I acted violently, but it was the only way i could react at the time. Also, this kid has tried to hurt her many times and I've had a talk with him to leave her alone, but he won't budge."

She nodded, taking in the information and said with a smile, "Well thanks for giving out your information and would not be taken against you. We would contact this student, Josh is his name right?"

I nodded and she continued, "And he would be suspended for a month when he comes back tomorrow. just try not to leave campus as much and as long as you do that, you wouldn't risk your chances of getting fired."

I nodded once again and replied, "thanks Ms, Carol, maybe you should be principal, you're the best."

She responded blushing, "Thanks, now go home before I change my mind."

I said jokingly, "Ok, I'm out."

She giggled and I left.