The Poetry Teacher

Sandy I think I have feelings for you

It was already time to go home and I was on my way to Billie's classroom. As i was walking, I bumped into Josh, again, and he said, "Sandy! Um wait I have to tell you something."

He pulled me over to the side and i was confused as I don't know what. Then he said, "Look um I know that we just met and everything, but I think I may have feelings for you. I'm sorry it had to be so soon."

I swallowed a big lump in my throat and said, "That's ok, um Josh, I have to tell you somethin too, um, I have a boyfriend, I'm sorry. Look, um that's not gonna stop our friendship, ok? It's just gonna make things a little different, but you're still the best friend I've ever had."

He smiled and said, "Really? You mean it?"

I replied, "Every word, I'm still sorry for hurting you, I didn't mean for it to happen like this."

He said, "That's ok, Sandy, you're a great girl, I'm still glad we're stuck as great friends. I don't have a problem with anything."

I smiled and gave him a hug, then said, "Thanks for understanding, Josh, you're awsome. I gotta get going, see yah tomorrow."

He smiled and said, "Alright, see yah then."

I gave him another smile and walked away, he went the other way, and I continued my way to Billie's class. A few minutes later, I arrived there and saw his beautiful face. He saw me come too and opened the door for me.

He gave me a hug and a kiss and said, "We would be heading out soon so you can wait here till i get my stuff ready to go."

I nodded and sat on top of a desk, waiting until he was ready. A minute later, he got his stuff and we headed out. It's been a long day today and I was as tired as I don't now what. Billie was feeling the same way cuz he was yawning every 5 minutes and kept saying he was tired over and over. All the time I walked with him, my mind was in space, thinking about what Josh told me this evening. I didn't even think closely on telling Billie all about that, if I did, he would actually ahve a panic attack.

Once we arrived to my car, he gave me a kiss and a hug, then told me good bye. I told him good bye too and got in my car. Billie walked all the way to the teacher's parking lot, put his stuff in the back seat and got in his car as well. I exited on one end and he was heading to the same way i was going. He was behind me and jokingly honked at me, I started laughing and got off the car.

I went to his window and said, "Hey what was that for doo face, can't you there's cars in front of me?!"

We started joking around from there and he said, "well you're the slow chicken that can't even get across the road!"

I bust out laughing and said, "I don't need this I'm going back in, bye hot cakes."

He honked at me one more time and I headed back, gave him a kiss, and told him my last good bye. After the little game, I headed to my house, as billie headed to his'. A few minutes later, I parked the car in the drive way and headed inside.

My mom was waiting on the couch and quickly said, "Where have you been?!"

I replied, "I was taking a friend home, that's it."

She nodded and said, "You better, cuz i was about to ground you, and don't stay late again."

I nodded and headed upstairs to my warm and cozy room. I hated my life right now, exept for having Billie in it. I finally fell asleep with different thoughts circling my head.

It was finally morning and my alarm clock went off, what made me happy was that it was a Friday, and Fridays for me go well. I finally got up and did my daily routine, after that I went back to my room to get dressed. When i was finished, I headed downstairs and took my keys from the side table. I go in the car, still with the same thoughts in my head, and started the car.

A few minutes passed and I was already at school, I saw Billie on my way there, and was gonna head to him, but was stopped by Josh. I liked him and all, but this thing he has is starting to get on my nerves.

Not to show my feelings, I smiled and said, "Hey, um, I'm kinda in hurry, i have to look for somebody."

He replied, "Hey, well ok, I just wanted to see you that's all."

I said, "That's really nice of you, well, I gotta go, see yah then."

He waved bye and left, finally! I don't mean to be this way but he's starting to annoy me by sneeking up on me every moment. I just feel like he's stalking me or something, and can't leave me some room to breath. I shrugged all the different thoughts off and headed towards Billie. He smiled as he saw me and I smiled as well and ran up to him to catch up. He gave me a hug considering there were some people around and I smiled a little bit.

We headed to his classroom and he set his stuff down. I set mine's on a desk and he headed towards me. I gave him a look as saying, "What you gonna do?"

He smirked and said, "Wanna make out?"

I replied with a smile, "Sure."

Then, we went at it, it was so awsome, I felt like I was floating, he's such a good kisser! When we stopped, we didn't hear the door open, and a guy was gasping. I looked up and it was Josh! I felt like I couldn't breath and Billie was in awe, the door closed and followed with some running. I wasn't thinking about it, but chose to run after him. Luckily I found him and he wasn't in the principal's office, he was in the couryard, crying his eyes out.

I sat next to him and said, "I'm so sorry josh, I had no idea you were going to show up."

He didn't even bother to look up, but said, "You don't have to say anything to me sandy! I saw it all ok?! I wasn't expecting that your so called boyfriend was a teacher!"

Now I was the one that was crying, I can't believe I hurted my own friend. I finally said, "Josh, I know you hate me with all your guts right now, but promise me you won't tell, please."

He finally chose to look at me and said, "Well you're lucky, because I don't want to think about this ever again, and I'm sure I don't want to see you."

I replied, "Well I respect that and I'm sorry, bye Josh."

I headed back to Billie's classroom and found him with his head down on his desk. I poked him on the shoulder and he looked up tear stained eyes. i felt so awful, I hated myself so much at this point.

I told him, "I'm sorry I ran out, babe, I knew that guy, he's Josh."

He gasped and said, "That was him? The Josh?"

i replied sadly, "Yeah, and he liked me, but i told him i was with you and now he found out it was really you."

He starred at me for a while and said, "I don't really know what to say right now, is he going to tell?"

I said, "I don't think so, he said he was going to forget all about it and he doesn't want to talk to me anymore."

Billie said with sympathy, "I'm sorry Sandy, I screwed up everything."

I replied, "Don't worry, it wasn't your fault."