The Poetry Teacher

Why him, and why not me?

A day has passed and now everything is back to normal. At the time it's Saturday and I'm planning on going for a nice walk, pretty much to get my head off things. I woke up with a fresh start, headed to the restroom, did my thing and got dressed. After I got dressed, I headed downstairs, grabbed te house keys,and headed out.

Today is a really nice day to begin with and I was feeling really relaxed. Then, as I'm walking, I hear a really familiar voice calling me. I couldn't make it out and I'm sure it didn't belong to my sweetyplums, but to...Josh! Why is he here? I turned around and it was Josh alright.

He ran up up to me to catch up and he said out of breath, "Sandy I need to talk to you."

I stopped and said, "About what? Is it important?"

He nodded and said, "Yeah wanna sit down over there?"

I was confused, but suggested, "Yeah, sure."

He smiled and we headed to the small pavement on the sidewalk down the street. We sat down and he told me, "Look Sandy, I'm crazy about you. I know I shouldn't be telling you this, but if I remain silent, it's going to kill me. I just wanted to ask you why did you choose to fall in love with somebody that's a complete opposite from you than with someone that sees more to you than just a normal 16 year old girl?"

That left me in complete shock and amazement. That just took me off my place, how could he say something like this at this moment? My mouth was opening and closing, trying to find something to say.

I finally said, "Josh, I'm sorry but i love billie very much and he's the best thing that's ever happened to me. I'm sorry but you took me by surprise, and you must be really brave to tell me something like that. All I see is a great guy and friend in you and that just can't fall in love with someone that's already in love and should just find a girl that would return her feelings for you."

He looked pretty sad, but that's all I have to give and if he doesn't see or want to see my view then he's not good of a friend. If he was called a good friend, then he would respect my love for billie and us being a couple.

He finally said, "Well I hope that one way or another, you could make up your mind and come back to me if you need anything, but i just want to let you know that I love you with everything I have and that I would give you a lot more happiness. I just don't want you falling for someone you can't be with and that would turn his back on you at any moment out of fear. If you are with me,then you won't have to worry about that or anything."

Now I was starting to get pissed off, this guy doesn't know when to quit. Didn't he just hear a single word i said? It's like he's so busy with his deep feelings for me that he sees right through me. I didn't want to say anymore so I got up and walked away. He was left there all alone, but I didn't care. I was so full of thoughts that surprisingly, I actually thought of visiting Billie. I continued walking until i saw his street and a few minutes later, his house.

I climbed the small steps and reached the door, I rang the doorbell and waited. As a few seconds passed, he opened the door and smiled at my sight. I smiled back and went over to give hima hug and a kiss. I felt like all the previous events disappeared and I wasn't in the right mood to see my hunny unhappy.

As we went inside, he told me to sit on the couch so we could talk. He asked me, "Sooo, what brought you today?"

I shrugged and said, "Well i was bored so i decided to visit you, that a problem?"

He nodded and said, "No, not at all, I wanted to see you either way."

I smiled and gave him a kiss, he kissed back and hugged me tight. I didn't know whether i should tell him what happened or not, I didn't want to ruin the moment. He noticed me deep in thought and said, "what you thinking about up there?"

I said, "Something that happened earlier, don't know if i should tell you."

He reasoned, "Because..."

I continued, :"Because you might get mad and do something stupid."

He confessed, "I won't, really, tell me."

I kept saying, "I don't know, are you sure?"

He gave the famous puppy dog eyes, so i gave in and decided to tell him. "Well, um, I ran into someone called josh, and he tol me something that just made me want to explode. "

Billie waited and said, "Keep going sweetyplums, what happened?"

I gave him a sad look and he played with my hair and gave a kiss on the forehead, then said, "It's ok, i won't do anything."

I continued, "Well he told me that he was crazy about me and that why didn't I fall in love with somebody that was like him instead of somebody that was a complete opposite from me. I told him that I was in love with you and that i could only see him as a good friend and a great guy, nothing else. Then, he said that if I made up my mind, i would go back to him if i needed anything and that he would make me more happy and that if i was with him, I wouldn't have to worry about you turning your back on me out of fear."

Billie was silent, he was just in awe. He finally said, "this guy is nuts, he's looking for many ways to get jumped."

I said, "I'm sorry bill, but don't do anything stupid, please?"

He smiled and said, "alright i won't, but I'm goig to have a really long talk with him on Monday, or if I see him around."

I smiled and gave him a kiss, he held me tight with a worried expression on his face. I had a small feeling that he was going to do something, but would try his best not to.
A whole while passed and i was ready to go home, I said good bye to billie and walked back home. On my way home, I got stopped by a black ford and Billie told me to come inside. I sat in that passenger's seat and he took me home. It was the sweetest thing I've ever seen, but it was kinda funny too. As we arrived, i got off the car really quick, just in case mom came back. I went around to the driver's window to say bye to billie. We gave eachother a long good bye kiss and i was on my way inside

Billie's POV: I finally said, well kissed my last good bye to Sandy, then I drove away as she went iniside and did a small wave. I was falling more in love with her by the minute, but deep down I had that rage and worriness towards Josh. To think about it, i hated that kid, I know it's not good to hate, but I just hated the stupid words he said to Sandy. I knew I had to confront him one way or another and if he swings at me, I'm gonna swing back and i don't care. a few minutes passed and I saw some guy sitting on the pavement of the sidewalk down the street. I couldn't make out the person sitting there, cuz it was dark, but as i looked closely, i knew who it was. I stopped the car and headed out side, as i shut the car door, I knew I scared the living crap out of that bastard.

A few seconds passed and I reached him. Then said, "Hey you, I need to talk to you."

He looked startled and said, "What do you need to tell me?"

I replied angrily, "A lot of things stupid hoe. Why did you say what you did to Sandy? She didn't need to hear that from you."

He suggested, "Maybe because she doesn't need an old stupid punk like you in her life. You stupid rapper!"

I had no choice, i had to swing at him, but kept myself from doing it, i made Sandy a promise. I said, "You know what? I would beat the living hell outta you right now, but i made Sandy a promise, so I'm not going to do anything stupid."

He challenged me, "We'll see if you keep your promise, and you know what? Why don't you just go home and forget about Sandy?"

I argued, "Why? Are you scared of me bitch? Cuz if you are you can admitt it already."

He looked at me in disgust and said his final words, "I don't need this crap from a crappy teacher, I'm outta here. I'll show Sandy who's the real man."

I yelled out, "Fine just run away like always, that's what you did when you saw me and Sandy doing something all couples do."

There he turned back around and was about to swing at me, I stopped his fist and said, "I told ypu, i would beat the leaving hell outta you, but i kept a promise, and I'm not going to fight a stupid whimp."

He was growing with furry and he pushed me really hard, i pushed him back. Then, he punched me on the face and i punched him on his nose that bled all over the place. I warned him once, but he didn't listen, so he got what he deserved. He was left on the ground in pain, so I got back in the car and left home.