The Poetry Teacher

I'm sorry Sandy, he swinged first

Billie's POV: It's been a day since this insident happened, so it would make it a Monday morning. I stirred into a deep but not so good sleep, I was still having bad and confusing dreams about the whole thing and I couldn't find a way to tell Sandy, without her getting mad at me. My hand still ached from smashing it on Josh's nose, and I was still surprised I hit him that hard. A few minutes later, my alarm clock started going off, and I switched the snooze button off carelessly. I sat up on my oversized bed, rubbed my eyes from the sleep, and headed to the rest room. When I was finished, I went back to my bedroom and got dressed. Once I finished tying my hot pink tie, I geled my hair and headed downstairs to the kitchen. A little while later, I arrived, I grabbed an apple, my car keys and headed out. I got in my car and just sat there in the driver's seat, thinking.

A lot of things flooded my head that I couldn't find a way out. I know I have to face this one way or another, and I wasn't ready to. I finally chose to turn on the ignition and pulled out the car out of the drive way. I sped off to the place I wanted to go last all my life, and arrived a few minutes later. I parked in the teacher's parking lot, like I always did everyday, and got out with difficulty, since the parking spaces are too small. I was starting to get tired of everything now, I just felt like I didn't want to go back to this place when I'm finished with it.
As i walked into campus, I saw Sandy standing in a corner, waiting. I headed her way and a huge grin appeared on her face as she saw me. I returned her huge grin by smiling happily at her and giving her a tight hug. Then, we headed to the m hall, filled with stuck up smart kids, which I didn't like very much, and reached my classroom.

I set my stuff down and closed the door while i was at it. As i was doing this, Sandy seemed to notice my red hand. She asked out of the blue, "Sweetyplums, what happened to your hand?"

I stopped doing what I was doing and said, "Well, i gotta tell you something about that. Um, it landed on Josh's nose. I meant to tell you, but didn't know how and when."

She nodded with a serious expresion on her face and demmanded, "Well, didn't I tell you not to do anything stupid?"

I replied shakingly, "I tried not to Sandy, but he just kept telling me things and he went to hit at me first. When I first saw him, it was when I dropped you off and that's when I decided to confront him. I defended you Sandy, I asked him why did he have to say what he did, and he said just so a stupid old punk like me would stay away from nice girls. He called me a raper and I hated that, but still kept my distance and I even told him that I would screw him up at any moment, but I kept you a promise. Then, we just kept saying things back and forth, and that's when he swinged at me. I held him back and warned him that i would hit him but kept my promise. He insisted and told me to forget about you, and we kept babbling on and then he punched me in the face and I punched him in the nose, and I think it's broken."

Sandy couldn't find any words to say, she was in awe, then a small tear went down her face and said, "I'm sorry for being mad at you, you had to do what you had to do. I feel like an idiot for you to be going through that, just for me. I appreciate what you did billie, I really do."

I gave her a kiss and held her in my arms for a while. I loved her so much and I would do anything for her, also that stupid fight wasn't worth anything when it came to Josh, but when it came to Sandy, it was a million bucks.