The Poetry Teacher

Sandy, can I talk to you?

It's the weekend now and my head is so filled with thoughts, that I decided to take a walk. I woke up in the morning as usual, washed up, and dressed. As I walked out my room, I headed downstairs, took the house keys, and went out the door. I was feeling sad and lonely for a while, I just wanted Josh to go away. As I was walking, I felt someone tap me on the shoulder. I turned around and it was Josh...again!

I told him as soon as I looked into his eyes, "Why can't you just quit already? I'm so tired of you being on my back all the time, and keep telling me the same thing, it's not going to happen, ok?!"

He replied completely ignoring everything I said, "And hello to you too, look Sandy, I'm still in love with you. You just have to understand me completely..."

There I sighed and started to walk away, he sighed and ran up to me, grabbing me hard on my arm. He demanded, "Don't walk away from me, ok? I'm trying to tell you something, just stop ignoring me."

I glared at him and said, "you're so pathetic, you're the one telling me all this crap. Just leave me alone and let me go!"

He sqeezed my arm more and more, until I couldn't feel it anymore, he was challenging me! I didn't know what to do, but one thing came up to me. I hit him where it hurts and started running away as he was in deep pain. I didn't care, I needed to get away from him as soon as possible.

I ran and ran as long as my feet could take me, until I reached Billie's house and knocked furriously. Billie was startled as he opened the door and I pushed him in and locked the door behind me.

Billie gave me a look and said, "Just explain to me what the hell is going on, cuz I'm really confused."

As soon as i catched my breath, I told him, "I'm sorry for doing this and scaring you, but babe, I was in trouble."

His pretty eyes grew with concern and he replied, "Oh, babe, with who did you get in trouble with?"

I explained, "Well, I was just walking to get some things out of my head and then, I get stopped by Josh and...and...he hurted me. All because I wouldn't listen to all the same old crap he told me earlier."

Billie was starting to get mad and worried, he finally said, "This kid is something serious and he's starting to tick me off. I mean how could he do that to you?! He can't and is not allowed to put one finger on you!"

Tears started forming and dropping down from my eyes, I wanted to disappear. I finally said, "Well he did and he won't stop and it's going to be the same thing again and again."

He was silent, taking in everything I just told him. I was feeling wasted, like I was a prize to win. I just collapsed on on the couch and broke down, I couldn't take it anymore. Billie sat next to me and held me in his arms. He was stroking my hair and kissing me on my forehead, telling me everything was gonna be ok. I put my head up and kissed him deeply on the lips. He kissed back, wanting it even more and we went at it.