Stories of Our Lives

Reassurance

A/N: I'm super excited for this chapter!! I think this might be one of my favorite parts (actually all of them are favorites) but Louis is ubber adorable in this chapter!! Leave me love!!!
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

October 28, 2017

The past three weeks flew by for Louis and Gia. They took walks in the parks around the city, watched movies, talked on the phone at 2am because he couldn’t sleep, explored the shop along the Thames River; and acted like tourists by visiting The London Eye, Buckingham Palace, and the London Tower.

The past three weeks had been the best weeks she had in a long time. Louis brought out a new side to her; a side that caused her to act like a six year old and caused her to constantly laugh at the expressions and whispers Louis threw her way. He pushed her to let go of the stress and worries of her career and just live, laugh as often as she wanted; do what she wanted without regards to how dumb or stupid she looked and just live in every second, minute, and hours of the day before her. As a big kid himself, he told her jokes and stories from the road while she listened with every fiber of her being.

He was slowly making her fall for the international popstar but to her, he was just Louis Tomlinson.

He, meanwhile, couldn’t get enough of Gia. He counted the minutes until he could see her again. He was so enamored with the girl he had met a mere three weeks ago at a bar. His friends and family noticed a difference in him and commented about it. They all wanted to know more about this bird that captured his attention. He held back, Gia to remain his little secret for as long as he could, because after their plans for the night, he would be more aped to tell his friends and family more about her.

As of late, his thoughts had switched to the possibility of something more with Gia. He wanted to tell her how he sleeps better after calling his mum, how he gets these five-second panic attacks right before a performance, or how he worries about one of his friends quitting the band. He was worried his job or even hers would get in the way of their relationship. He was worried something would rip her away from him before he could tell her how he feels. He wanted to go on dates and whisk her away to Paris, Barcelona, anywhere she wanted to go. He wanted to meet her friends and learn everything he could about Gia. He wanted her to calm him down after a stressful day at work. He wanted her to be the first one he called when something went wrong with tour preparation. Most importantly, he wanted to call her his.

All he had told her was to be ready by 4pm and dress casual. She tried to push him into spilling additional hints but he was tightlipped. She couldn’t believe it; the boy who would not shut up on their outings, actually had the ability to keep a secret to himself.
Dressing warmly in jeans, a sweater, and her brown boots, she paced her flat waiting for him to arrive. Her game of Candy Crush couldn’t even distract her as she tried to wait patiently for the man who had captured her attention.

She was nervous about keeping in contact with him as she headed back to base in three days. Her job kept her busy enough. Trying to keep in touch with friends and family was tough, let alone with a boy she had just met.

Her two past boyfriends had ruined her trust in unfamiliar boys. One cheated on her with his best friend six months into their courtship while the other simply couldn’t stand not being the center of her life. Louis had somehow wormed his way into her life and she worried he would be just like the other guys before him and walk away without a second thought.

The obnoxious buzzing of her doorbell drew her out of her thoughts as his voice sounded through the intercom. “Come on Gia . . . the day is young and we aren’t getting any younger. Hurry your butt up Italia! I don’t have all day to wait around for you.”

“Shut up Tomlinson; hold your pants and let me grab my coat. I’ll be down!” A smile curled onto her lips at the man waiting for her.
Gathering her coat and purse, she headed out the door and locked it behind her. Standing in front of her, literally, holding his pants was Louis Tomlinson.

Her laughter captured his attention. “What in the world are you doing?”

“You told me to hold my pants . . . I’m doing exactly what you told me to!” He exclaimed.

Straightening up, he opened his arms for a hug which she eagerly stepped into. “I’ve missed you these last few days! How bloody dare you go visit your family?”

“I’m so very deeply sorry, Mr. Tomlinson.” She pulled back from the hug. “If we’re playing that card, you left me all alone here in London to go visit your family for a weekend. It was only right that you experienced the same feeling I felt while you were away.”
She strung her arm through his as he led her down the stairs leading away from her building. He hummed as they walked down the leaf-covered street leading to a destination only he knew. “So where exactly are we going?”

“You’re a persistent little thing. Like I’ve told you the previous ten times, it’s a surprise; you will have to wait and see where we end up.” His voice reflected the excitement he held as well as a hint of nervousness. “You ready to head back to base? All packed up?”
Shaking her head, she kicked at the leaves that had fallen along the path. He squeezed her arm to gain her attention.

She looked at him, frowning. “Sorry. But no I haven’t packed yet. I’m not looking forward to heading back to base. Something is making me want to stay in London.” She bit her lip; her eyes failing to meet his.

“Hey, don’t clam up on me now. Why don’t you want to go back to base? You were all excited about it last week when we went to lunch. What about the new bomber coming to the facility you couldn’t wait to see?”

Sighing, he unhooked his arms from hers before turning to face her. Placing his index finger under her chin, he gently lifted it until her eyes met his. “Now that I have your complete attention, what’s going on, why don’t you want to return to base?”

“I’m afraid.” She spoke quietly.

“Why are you afraid, Soldier?”

A soft sigh escaped her mouth. “I don’t want to leave you behind and potentially ruin the friendship we’ve built over the past three weeks.”

“Hey, hey we are going to be fine!” He cooed.

She saw a familiar comfort in his eyes. “You say that now but what about in 3, 6, or 9 months, when you get tired of waiting around for me to come home? What then? You don’t realize it now but I barely have enough time to contact family let alone a boy that I just met.”

“Hate to break this to you babe but I don’t have a lot of free time with my job either. I mean, I do now but when it comes time for rehearsals, interviews, and tour, I just don’t have enough time. You may get a random text at midnight because that’s the only time I’m near my phone. We may have to stretch our conversations out in five different phone calls because I only have 5 minutes per call.” He sighed, rubbing his thumb on the back of her hand for comfort. “I’m not going to lie . . . it sucks being in any type of relationship with me. I guess we both have that in common, Giovanna.”

Nodding, she relaxed a bit at his words. He is a seasoned pro when it came to leaving his friends and family behind for work. “Sorry; forgot you were an international popstar who has this all down to a science.”

“Are you ok now? I’m guessing you’ve had experience with this before? I’m not like them. In the past three weeks, you have quickly become one of those people I desperately need and want in my life. You are one of my best friends outside of the band and one that I trust completely.”

His words had struck a chord with her. “It’s ok if you don’t feel the same but that’s what you are to me, Giovanna Maria. You blew into my life with such a force and I’m determined to keep you around for as long as possible.”

“It’s a little intense but I feel the same.” She smiled. “You are the person I want to call or text whenever something good or bad happens. I’m constantly checking my phone to make sure I didn’t miss a call or text from you, even though the phone hasn’t left my side. For some odd reason, Louis, I love having you in my life.”

“I heard I have that effect on people,” he chuckled. “Are you ok now?”

“Yeah there has been a guy or two who couldn’t handle the fact I wasn’t clingy or constantly needing their attention. It’s nice to have a guy know somewhat that I’m not always going to be able to chat but when I do, you’ll be one of the first to hear from me. Besides, there’s always Skype.” She smiled brightly, a weight lifted from her shoulders.

Arms locked, the two started walking again. “So now that’s out of the way, what do you say we get this best friend time underway?”

“How about you tell me where we are headed before I do something drastic?” She put a serious face on but knew it was an empty threat.
He chuckled shaking his head back and forth in thought. “Ok ok . . . you once told me that this place we are heading to is one of your absolute favorite places in the city.”

“That’s not fair! I have 20 different favorite places within the city and I’ve told you each of them,” she muttered. When Louis laughed, she hit his shoulder.

His jaw dropped. “Ow!”

Rolling her eyes, she shook her head. “Big baby! That did not even hurt. Besides you’re not being remotely fair.”

“Seems like an argument we had three weeks ago. You will find out where we are going in a little bit but we’re stopping here to eat first.”
Leading her into a quiet, off-the-beaten path café wasn’t what she expected from him. But he had surprised her many times during the past few weeks. He helped her sit, pushing in the chair for her. Taking a seat across from her, he grinned watching her eyes dance around the restaurant.

After drinks were ordered, he nudged her leg with his foot. “You ok? You look puzzled.”

“No just pleasantly surprised by you once again.” Her eyes lit up at the globe lights that were strung along the top of the big bay windows. “It’s like you wormed your way into my brain and you know exactly what I want out of dates, life, hanging out, everything. Part of me wonders, Tomlinson if you stalked me prior to that night in the bar.”

He grinned before raising his eyebrows suggestively. “Well . . . you never know.”

“Oh I would have known especially with three older brothers who seem to know my every move before I do. But somehow they don’t know about you yet while my mom and sister know there’s a new guy in my life.”

“And what does momma and sister Canalanotte say about the new guy in your life?” He leaned back crossing his arms waiting for this bit of news.

A smile lit up her face. “They love the noticeable change in my voice and the constant smile on my face. After our first outing after the bar, my mom immediately asked who the guy was. I played dumb but she and Ava both grilled me about you!"

*flashback*

"So who's the boy?" Ava asked her big sister with a suspicious glance.

Gia's eyes went wide, smiling knowingly. "Boy what boy?"

"The one you're currently smitten over." Her mother smiled. "Why am I only hearing about him now?"

Gia chuckled. "Because there is no boy - well there is but he's only a friend."

"Only a friend? By the looks of your grin, he won't be just a friend for long." Her mother smirked.

*end flashback*

“You’re not the only one being grilled by family.” He folded his hands on the table before leaning towards her. “My mom barricaded me in the kitchen and asked me about the girl that had me all smiles. My sisters even noticed the change in my mood. The older two especially wanted to know everything about you.”

*flashback*

"So Harry tells me there's a girl." His weekly phone call to his mother definitely started with a bang.

He cussed his best friend for being another 'son' to his mother. "Whatever Harry told you, it's most definitely not true."

"He mentioned that he didn't know anything about her because you were keeping her a secret." She paused. "My question is, why did I have to hear about her from Harry and not my own son?"

He hated when his mum pulled the guilt trip on him. "There's nothing to tell. We are only friends."

"But you want something more? Harry told me you have been much happier and in a better mood since you met her." He smiled at her excitement. "So when do I get to meet her?"

*end flashback*

“And what did you tell your sisters and mom about me?”

Shaking his head, his face took a serious pose. “Nothing . . . I told them absolutely nothing about you.”

“What?” Jaw dropped, she was surprised by his words.
Nodding, he reached for her hand. “I didn’t tell them because I didn’t want to jinx it. I wanted to keep you to myself for a little bit longer. The boys don’t even know; they know there’s a girl but that’s it. It’s nice keeping something to me without the entire world knowing.”

“Funny, I feel the same way. I didn’t tell them about you either because I didn’t want anything to jinx what we have or if, if anything goes further, then I’ll tell them at that point in time.” Leaning back, she took a moment while the waiter took their order.

The rest of dinner they kept with their own thoughts until the food arrived. They tried each other dishes and kept their conversation playful. They fell into the easy-goingness they had from the very beginning.

Once the check was paid, he offered her his hand before leading her out of the restaurant. He smirked as she asked him again where they were going. “All right, you ready to find out?”

“Yes! You’ve been teasing me for the past four days and now I’m anxiously, trying to be patient . . . will you please just tell me?” Putting forth her best puppy dog face, he laughed before pointing in front of them.

“Look.”

Her breath was knocked away as she glanced at the Apollo Victoria Theatre. Her favorite musical of all time, Wicked, was housed in that famous theatre. Turning to look at the man beside her, she didn’t know what to say. “I’m honestly speechless right now . . . thank you.”

“Well are you going to stand here or are we going in and enjoying the show?” He was thoroughly enjoying her reaction to his surprise.
Leading her through the entrance, he smirked watching her green eyes go wide with excitement. They followed the usher as he led them to the six row seats. Gia took her seat, flipping through playbill, her eyes wide with wonder. “Surprised?”

“Yes! I cannot believe you brought me here and we are sitting six rows from the stage.” Leaning over, she gave him a side hug, kissing his cheek. “Thank you.”

He nodded. “Anything to see you smile. Now sit back and watch the epicness of Wicked.”

For three hours, he watched her more than he did the show in front of them. How her eyes lit up at the theatrics on stage, how she mouthed along to the words, and the pure excited smile that stayed on her face the entire time. That’s all he wanted to accomplish – he just wanted to see her smile.

Walking out of the theatre, her hand in his, Louis bumped his hip into hers. “Did you have fun tonight?”

“Of course; pretty much any time with you is fun.” She smirked. “Did you have fun tonight? Don’t think I didn’t notice your creeper-like stare during the show.”

A blush crept across his cheeks. “Sorry but you were more entertaining than the show.”

“I highly doubt that.”

Louis chuckled. “When will you start believing me? I was fascinated by your reaction to everything on stage and how you mouthed along to every single song. You were so excited during that peppy pink filled song; I think that was my favorite.”

“Haha laugh it up!” Gia giggled. “Glad I was an excellent source of entertainment for you.”

Walking back to her flat, the two were quiet, lost in their own thoughts. Hers were about returning to base; his was figuring out when he would see her again. “So what do the next three days hold for you?”

“I’m having lunch with my mom and Ava tomorrow and then dinner with the entire family. My train leaves at 2:30 on Halloween so I will probably get breakfast with my girlfriend here in London before I take off.”

Smiling, Louis ran his hand through his brown locks. “Sounds like an action packed few days. Any chance of seeing you once more before you leave?”

“I guess I can squeeze you in . . . what are your plans for the 30th?”
Pulling out his phone, he flipped through his calendar to pull up the date. “I’ve got a meeting from 9:00 am until 11:00 but other than that, nothing. What did you have in mind?”

“Lunch, walk around town, getting into trouble, ya know the usual.” Gia grinned.

Louis fist pumped, excited for her suggestion. “Sounds like a plan.”
They came to a stop at her flat. Their linked hands swung between them. “I’m glad you had a great time tonight.”

“I had a great time because I was spending time with you.” She smiled. “I always have a great time whenever you and I hang out; I feel like I don’t have a care in the world when I’m with you and you always never fail to make me smile.”

He pulled her into a hug, tightening his grip on her. “Good . . . that’s exactly what I’m going for.”

“Louis?” Looking up at him, she bit her lip in hesitation. She wanted to kiss him . . . the thought had been running through her head the last few days. She had started to see him in a different light and thoughts of how his lips would feel on hers started to run through her thoughts.

Louis hummed looking at her. “Yes?” He had started to see Giovanna in a different light. He strived more to make her laugh no matter her mood. Anytime she was sad, he wanted to step in and save her from whatever was upsetting her. And now in the moment, outside of her flat, he wanted nothing more to kiss her.

“Never mind.” Shaking her head, Gia tightened her grip around his waist.

“Gia?”

She looked at him again. “Yeah?”

Before she could answer him, his phone rang interrupting their moment. Groaning, he pulled his phone from his pocket before cussing under his breath. “What?”

Stepping away from him, Gia tried to ignore the disappointment that she felt. Damn whoever was on the other end of that phone; she would be having a strict conversation with them when she found out. Hearing him say goodbye, she looked over at him. “Who was that?”

“Harry had a question for me.” Louis groaned. “Sorry about that. Now where were we?”

Gia’s eyes went wide. “I have to go but it was great hanging out with you. I will see you on the 30th.”

Louis watched her walk up the stairs towards the building, shaking his head. He would kill Harry later but for now all he could do was watch her walk away from him.

October 31, 2017

He shifted side to side, watching her hug her friend goodbye. In his hand, he clutched a bouquet of roses, daisies, and carnations he picked up from the sidewalk vendor. Louis had nothing better to do than to surprise her at the train station to say goodbye.

Their hangout session the day before was perfect. Lunch followed by hanging out at the park, making up stories of couples they saw hanging out. They had both laughed until their stomachs had hurt promising to keep in touch while she was back at base. Gia wouldn’t be back in London until the week of December, which he made her promise to come to his band’s concert at the O2.

Louis smiled seeing Gia alone. His eyes trailed her as she found an empty table to sit at. She had just less than 45 minutes until her train left. Walking closer to where she sat, he cleared his throat. “Is this seat taken?”

“Uh no it’s not.” She was distracted stuffing something into her suitcase and failed to see who the stranger was.

He chuckled at her obvious state. “Where ya headed?”

“Hampshire; heading back to work for a couple of weeks.”

Finally looking up, she smiled at the man in front of her. “Well, well look who the cat dragged in.”

“I’ve never gotten that expression.” Louis grinned. “Surprise.” He spoke handing over the bouquet.

Taking in the flowers sweet scent, Gia smiled. “What happened to the four-hour meeting you were supposed to be at?”

“I lied.” He shrugged. “There was somewhere more important I needed to be.”

Raising her eyes, she looked around at the busy station. “And King’s Cross station was more important?”

“When the right person is there, yes King’s Cross Station is more important.”

She blushed. “You didn’t have to come here but I’m glad I got to see you one more time. How am I going to live without you for the next seven weeks?”

“I think the more important question is what am I going to have to do to make the time go by more quickly?” Louis sighed dramatically. “I mean I’m just going to wither away into nothing by the time you arrive back in London.”

Looking at the large clock, she knew their time together was dwindling. “Come on, walk me to my train.”

“If you insist.” Standing up, he grabbed her suitcase, offering her a hand. They walked side by side towards the number 12 train that would take her away from London.

“So these last four weeks have been interesting to say the least.” Gia started. “I’ve had a memorable time home and it’s all because of you. Thank you for the great times.”

Louis bowed laughing. “You’re welcome m’lady. We never had a dull time together. I’m going to really miss you these next few weeks. Don’t be a stranger and call or text when you can.”

“You do the same. Don’t give your bandmates too much of a hard time.” Gia pointed at him. “No pranks until I get back.”

Louis held his hands up with a grimace. “I’m not sure if I’ll be able to hold out for that one but I will try.”

“I guess that will have to work. If you do pull any, I want to be the first person you tell.”

He pulled her close. “Or you could just scheme with me and I’ll give you full credit.”

“That works too.” The train’s whistle sounded the first warning. “I guess I have to go.”

Pulling her into a hug, Louis tightened his grip on her. “Be safe and I’m going to miss you.”

“I don’t have any trips planned but I will. I’m going to miss you too. Don’t do anything stupid.”

Laughing, Louis attempted a nod. “I’ll try but I’m not going to make any promises.”

The train usher grabbed her suitcase pulling it on the train while Gia looked at Louis. “Don’t make me cry.”

“I won’t . . . go work on the bombers and time will go by quickly.” He paused. “Don’t forget about me.”

This was his chance to make a move. How she would react? Would she slap him? Get angry and refuse to talk to him again? Would he lose one of the best friendships he has had in a while?

He shook his head. Maybe, just maybe she would kiss him back. Maybe she would have feelings for him just as he had for her.
Gia laughed. “Hey Tomlinson, what’s with the headshaking?”

“I just-- ” Without warning, he leaned his head down and placed a gentle kiss on her lips. She wound her arms around his neck pulling him closer. He broke the kiss smiling brightly.

“Until next time.”

Nodding, she hitched her purse higher on her shoulder, walking up the stairs leaving him on the platform. Taking a seat, she put a hand on the window while he waved happily to her.

Well, she finally knew how his lips felt on hers and she couldn’t get the tingly feeling out of her mind.

Louis smirked watching Gia’s dazed expression. Shaking his head, he watched her put her fingertips to her lips before smiling brightly out the window. He waved, praying that she would be safe during the seven weeks he would be apart from her.

Watching the train disappear from the station, he started his countdown of the next seven weeks. He prayed they would disappear quickly so he could have Gia in his arms again.
♠ ♠ ♠
So what did we think of the chapter? They kissed!!!!! I couldn't go another chapter without Louis getting a kiss in. Now thoughts? What did you think of the chapter? What would you like to see in upcoming chapters? I have at least the next five chapters started so I roughly know what's going to happen but I am willing to take suggestions!! Leave me some love please!!