Yellow Paint

Can you feel my heart?

I woke up in a cold room. It was only lit by the dim light that shined through the window. I could see outside, It was snowing lightly. The sun was not up yet but you could hear birds chirping. I silently rolled my eyes at how joyful it sounded outside but how horrible it looked inside this room. I scanned the room trying to let my eyes adjust to the darkness surrounding me. I wasn't in my bed, I was in the guest room. I tried to remember how I had got here the night before but nothing surfaced. I knew there was someone in the bed next to me. I remember some friends came home yesterday but I don’t know which was sleeping next to me. I laid back down against the pillow still trying backtrack my actions that had landed me here. All of a sudden the body next to me moved. I noticed he had tattooed skin and shaggy hair. He grunted as he stretched in an uncomfortable pose. I watched his back arch up and his hands prop up his head. I saw the shine of his eyes glint as he blinked.
“How’d yeh’ sleep?” I knew that voice. I didn’t realize until his smirk grew larger on his lips. I noticed at that point that I was not wearing a shirt or pants I was in my underwear as well as him. I felt my voice get caught in my throat before answering.
"What happened." I whispered which sounded more like a statement than a question. I kept my eyes forward bracing myself for what Oli had to unleash on me after last night. I pulled some of the sheet over me to cover myself. I saw Oli look down then back to my face.
"Yeh' got fucked up. What did yeh' think 'appened?" He said with a chuckle. I rolled my eyes and turned to him looking him in the face.
"Did we fuck?" I was nervous. I know that Oli and I as well as the whole band grew up together. But Oli was the one who stood out among the rest. I knew it sounded cliche because every girl who listened to their band was after Oli most of the time. But I didnt care about his looks. I cared about him. How he cared for others and how he felt against the world. He left for tour when we were seventeen, I never got to spend a lot of time with him because he would only be home for a couple days before packing up and heading out again. He just caught up on his sleep and saw his parents as well as the others. I had seen Nicholls a bunch of times when he'd came home. Probably because he was a year younger than me and Oli had told me hes had a crush on me since he left. Now the guys were back for a full year to write a new album and we got to celebrate last night. All of the gang and our families. I had thrown it at my house since I lived alone and I can only imagine what the living room looked like. I cringed at the thought before looking back up at Oli. He was looking at his hands before his eyes met mine once again.
"No we didn't. But Yeh' kept tellin' me to." His mouth didnt move. He didnt smile or frown he just looked at me. I could feel my cheeks burn when those words left his lips.
"W-what?" I barley whispered. He scratched the back of his head awkwardly.
"Jesus Kell's yeh' really dont remember? Well Its like this. Last night I saw yeh' were drinkin' more than yeh' usual amount an' got worried. Around three yeh' looked a little woosie and yeh' were all over Matt. I mean yeh' know he wasn' complainin' but he kept asking me to help yeh' since he wanted to go home. So I couldn' find yeh' room cause I was a little pissed m'self, but I managed to find the guest room and helped yeh' into bed." I looked at him in shock.
"I was all over Nicholls?" I put my hand over my mouth. I didn't want him to get the wrong idea. We were friends.
"Yeah. It was quite a scene." He chuckled a little. I sat back onto the pillows and covered my eyes. I felt Oli take my hands away and stare down to me.
"After I brought yeh' in here, Yeh' kept yelling at me to stay with yeh' It was cute. Like a little kitty begging for food." He was wearing a huge smirk on his face when he noticed I was frowning.
"But then yeh' got sick and threw up on yeh' self, so being the kind fellow I am, I helped yeh' get undressed and into bed. AND THEN yeh' kept tellin' me to fuck yeh'. But I jus' think its cause yeh' were drunk right?" He smiled and cuddled closer to me which resulted in my shoving him away and getting out of bed.
"Right. Anyway I need to clean then go see Robbie." I said while I threw on Oli's shirt that he threw on the ground. The hem of the shirt just covered my ass, revealing my long pale legs. I saw Oli look down at them from the corner of my eye. I mentally smirked and opened the bedroom door.
"I thought yeh' broke up with that bloody dickhead." Oli followed me out of the room. I shook my head at him before I started to throw out the various red solo cups that were scattered throughout my kitchen. Oli was no help, he simply started my coffee maker and pulled out two mugs before jumping onto my kitchen counter. I intentionally ignored him and continued to clean.
"Kell's yeh' should just dump the bloke. All he does is treat yeh' like shit." He scowled after the words left his mouth. I kept ignoring him and continued to clean. I liked robbie. I mean he wasn't anything special. He was pretty much a space holder for when the guys were gone. He made me feel like I was a piece of shit but that helped me not think about how much I missed the guys. Robbie was four years older and an accountent. He wore a suite everyday and had blonde shaggy hair. his coworkers said he looks unprofessional but he said it makes him stand out among the others. I rolled my eyes at the thought of his broad chest pushed out and that stupid smug smile on his face. He had never wanted to meet the guys or go to any of their shows. The only one he met was Oli. Only because Oli barged into my house one day when he was home with Oskar in hand. I remember I greeted him and turned to Robbie who was sitting on the couch uninterested in anything or anyone. Oli was always nice to anyone who entered my life.
Robbie was supposed to meet me for lunch at three. I glanced from Oli to the clock which read one thirty. I cringed before picking up a heap load of cups and shoving them into the trash. Oli was too busy making coffee to help me out. I rolled my eyes at him and continued to clean until it was time for me to get ready.

I inhaled the smoke from my cigarette, I felt it fill my lungs and escape through my lips.
“Here.” I looked to my left to see Oli with his tattooed arm out holding a hot cup of coffee. I smiled at him before taking the cup. I felt the warm liquid through the ceramic mug. I was content. Oli took a seat beside me sipping on his own cup. I had to leave in another hour to meet Robbie and was dreading every second of hanging out with him. I took a couple pulls from my fag before Oli spoke up.
“Yeh’ really goin’ to see him?” I rolled my eyes.
“Of course I am. We’re dating for gods sake.” I studied his face but I couldn’t read his expression. I thought back to last night about how embarrassed I was about asking him to have sex with me. Maybe he had feelings for me but I’m not going to read into it too much.
“Hey youre home for the whole year so its not like I’m not going to see you.” I turned to him and smiled. He looked at me then back down at his coffee.
“I know, Its jus’ I don’t think hes good for yeh’ yeh’ always tell me how much of an chav he is. I don’t want anythin’ bad to happen to yeh’.” He looked at me with pleading eyes. I put out my cigarette and stood from my chair.
“You’ve got nothing to worry about. If anything were to happen I’ll call you.” I patted his head and walked inside. Oli didn’t follow me. I jumped into the shower after laying out my clothes. I thought about how much I had missed Oli and the guys. Also on how stupid I was by getting so drunk I hadn’t remembered last night. I pulled on my black sweater and jeans that fit snug around my hips. I dried my long hair and applied some light make up. I stepped out to find the cups clean and Oli sitting in my favorite chair watching some weird tv show. I stood next to him and watched it for a second, it was some family fued show. I became bored of sitting and watching the awful show, I got off the couch and fished my spare key out of my purse.
“Here, Lock up when you leave If I’m not back yet. If you wanna do something tonight you can stick around but I’m not really up for everyone over again yeah?” He nodded, he watched me leave with sad puppy dog eyes. My chest tightened when I left. I felt terrible leaving him all alone but I had to go meet up with Robbie or hed barge into my house which was the last thing I wanted. If he had seen Oli and I half naked in my bed he would’ve killed him and nearly killed me.
Although I didn’t really care about him, we were still ‘dating’ if that’s what you want to call it. I thought on my walk over to the coffee shop about Oli and I. My feelings hadn’t changed for him at all. He goes on tour every other month and than comes home. I don’t know if I’d be able to do that. I hugged my torso as I walked into the shop looking around the tables to spot the man dressed in a suit. He was wearing his glasses that hung on the tip of his nose while his hair covered his eyes. His tie was wrinkled and his lips wore a frown. I rolled my eyes before sitting down silently watching his eyes look at me through the blonde hair that covered them then return to his laptop.
“Hi.” Robbie said not looking up. All you could hear was taping throughout the coffee shop. I returned the hello before sitting back in my chair. I asked him how his day went or if he wanted to do anything but all he did was shake his head. I mentally kicked myself for agreeing to see him today. It was a waste of my time and a waste of Oli’s. I knew that he was still sitting in my living room watching tv. I sat for a half hour waiting for Robbie to say anything before I became frustrated.
“Oli and the guys came home.” I was looking at my nails when Robbie slammed the screen of his laptop down. It made me jump and my head snap up.
“oh yeah?” His eyes were dark and he held a smirk. I nodded slowly anxious of what he was about to say.
“So the bloody tots are back home? What are yeh’ tryin’ to say Kelsie?” His hands were balled up in fists and his ears were starting to turn red. I narrowed my eyes at him before holding up my pack of cigarettes and motioning to go outside. He scowled after packing up his things and walking outside with me. I handed him one after popping one into my own mouth. I couldn’t light it fast enough with Robbie breathing down my neck. We began to walk towards my house.
“Yeah theyre home. I just wanted to let you know since I wont be around for a while.” He blew out his smoke into my face.
“Yeah so what yeh’ tellin’ me is that yeh’ gunna disappear, fuck them and then come crying back when they leave yeah?” I glared at him and quickened my pace.
“Were not really a couple I don’t understand why youre so mad.” I tossed my fag over the sidewalk since we started to turn onto my street.
“Cause all yeh’ do is bitch about them and I’m sick an’ tired of it Kelsie. Its either me or them.” He screamed pointing at my door. I knew Oli was listening. I knew he was watching to see if Robbie was going to do anything.
I glanced between the window and the boy in front of me. I sighed. I didnt need this.
"You know what Robbie? I don't think this is working out." I watched his exspression drop.
"S' yeh' really gunna pick them over me? Fuck yeh'." he said before walking down the street. I rolled my eyes and walked into my home. Oli watched me carefully. I walked to the fridge and grabbed two beers, opening both of them. I took a sip of one before passing the other to Oli. We sat down together on the couch and watched tv in silence. My mind was going a mile a minute.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story! Hope you guys like it xxxx