Love Somebody

Cat out of the bag

Chapter 11: Cat out of the bag

“Don't go.” said the dark haired singer with a sleepy voice and held tight to the petite body laying next to him.

“Please let go, I need to get to work.” Tara said and pulled his hands off of her body. She got up from the bed and finished dressing.

Adam had woken up, when she had started the shower but started to enjoy the show Tara would unknowingly give him, when he pretended to be asleep.

“You could take the day off and spend it with me.” he suggested.

“I could, but I'm sorry to disappoint. It's not an option.”

Groaning he laid back down and scratched Jonesy's head, who had jumped on the bed when Tara left.

//////////////////////////////

“Tara, what is going on up there?” was the first thing the greeted her, when she answered Christie's call.

“What do you mean?”

“The media is going crazy down here, having seen pictures of Adam and you in Central Park kissing, out on dates and all that jazz.”

Tara let her head fall slightly as she walked into the building where the branch was located. “Shit. Adam's going to be mad.” she said softly and looked up, greeting the secretary, who was standing in her office.

“So, are you guys together or what?” Christie asked and the petite brunette could hear James in the background asking how she was doing.

“Yeah, we are. Ever since he was at Dave's show. So we're dating now for about a month.”

“Ahh that's why Adam's always gone in the middle of the week.” Tara could hear James laughing in the back.

Blushing softly she sat down in her chair, but couldn't help the grin that was spreading over her face.

“Yeah, that's it.”

Christie snickered on the other line. “I'm happy for you guys. Tell Adam we said 'Hello' and don't do anything I wouldn't do, too.”

“Will do, babes. Bye.”

///////////////////////////////////////

Adam was sat at the kitchen counter after feeding Jonesy and listened to the morning news, when the Hollywood gossip came on.

“Good Morning people, this is Anna Jones for our new show 'HollyGossip Today'. Our next topic will probably break a hearts of most of Earth female population.” the blonde reporter said, smiling softly.

Adam looked up and cursed as he saw a picture of Tara and him flashing on the screen.

“Maroon 5's front man and lead singer Adam Levine has been spotted in New York a few times now with this lovely lady. Our sources tell us he was seen with Tara Matthews, CEO of the New York office of Dexter Interior, as they were out on a few dates in the past month. Levine even has been flying up to NY on the weekends to be with her.” she said and a few pictures of them was showed as they were in the park, the cafe's and restaurants Adam had taken them.

Rubbing a hand over his head he stood up and pulled his phone out of his jeans.

“Now we all have the big question: Is Ms Tara Matthews going to be the true Mrs. Adam Levine or is she more a fling then anything else?”

“Fuck.” he muttered and sat back down on the bar stool, looking over at the puppy.

“Well, we'll see and will always keep you updated on their relationship.”

Adam scrolled through his contacts and called Tara.

“Hey babe.” she answered after the second ring and he felt a wave of relief wash over him.

“Hey.”

“What's wrong Adam?” she always knew when something was eating at him, even in that short time they had been together.

“Have you heard the news today?” he asked and Adam could hear Tara sigh.

“I've got a call from Chris. She asked me what has been going on with the two of us.”

Nodding his head, he breathed out a sigh. At least she was prepared. “Good. I just saw the news and they have been on to us for a while now.”

“Yeah, she told me there were pictures of us out on dates and in the park and such.”

“There are. I...just be careful, okay. The paps can be really crazy if they want a good picture.”

“I know, Adam. I'll be home in a few hours. Love you.” she said and the singer couldn't help but smile at that.

“Okay, I'll be home, probably writing a bit. Love you, too.”

With that they said their good-byes and Adam turned back to Jonesy, who was curiously looking at him.

“Well seems like it's us, huh. Let's get out and get something to eat for your mommy.”

The puppy looked at the singer, wagging his little tail. Adam got up and started dressing, then grabbed the leash and went outside with the small dog. It was now Winter and the weather hadn't been doing him any favor. He loved Tara, but he wasn't sure if he wanted to stay in New York for a long period of time.

But that was a topic to talk about later. He grinned and walked out of the building, preparing himself for the onslaught of questions by the press. But thankfully he was spared the craziness. Adam just hoped that the same would go for Tara, once she was on her way home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the shortness, but anyway thanks for reading, I'm always happy to see your comments and know what you guys are thinking.