Love Somebody

One More Night

Chapter 5: One More Night

A few days later and the video was already in the making. Christie had done a wonderful job decorating the house they used for the video production. Although she had seen that Adam allowed her to use the frames she had shown him.

Tara had confronted him about it, when she had gone together with Michael and his daughter to the producer and Maroon 5's manager to see if Laura would be good for the part as Adam's and Minka Kelly's daughter in the video. Of course he was snappy about it, telling her that Christie had done a better job about that than her. And that was it again, riling her up and he feared what might come out of it this time.

Tara couldn't forget the look on Adam's face when he saw her walking to the house with another man and a baby girl. There were feelings he didn't like, jealousy was one of them. But he wouldn't let it bother him, shrugging it off and going back to the conversation with the rest of the guys.

"You know you got it bad, Sharky." Jesse remarked as his friend watched Tara walking around the set and bouncing the baby girl, Laura.

"No I don't." he nearly growled and dressed in a wife beater and a pair of track pants. It was for his role as boxer in the music video.

Jesse just grinned and went back to get dressed in his own clothes.

Tara on the other side was bouncing Laura on her hip, making her laugh and giggle, while she stood with Minka.

"Is she yours?" the actress asked her and stroked the girls soft cheek.

"Oh no, she is the daughter of a friend. But I heard from Chris that you guys needed a baby and here she is." Minka smiled and nodded her head at hearing the reasoning. She looked at the smaller woman in front of her, dressed in a blue shirt and multi-colored dotted skirt. She seemed like a really nice girl.

"And do you have any relation to the guys?"

"You mean to the band?" Tara asked and was answered by a nod. "Oh no, I was just part of the decoration team, but I left it to my friend to finish." she told her, but didn't want to say anything about the bad relationship with Adam. You never knew how far some news could travel in that business.

Minka nodded and went to her trailer to get ready for the filming. Tara, too, went back to Michael and Christie, getting dressed in a cute, pink outfit. "Aww look at her, she's gonna be such a good actress one day." Christie grinned taking Laura from the table they had used to changer her.

"Don't even start, my daughter will not work as something like that." the father said and looked at the two women sitting there gushing about his baby girl.

Then Jordan walked up to them with Minka, greeting both Christie and Tara. "Hey guys, it's so good to see you again."

Both did the same and even hugged the band manager. Only this time Tara felt like she was being watched and it freaked her out. Looking over to the guys she found Adam staring at her with a scowl on his face.

Tara couldn't remember ever seeing him smile, besides on videos and pictures on the web. Turning to Jordan she gave him a sad smile. "I'm sorry. I should probably leave or your diva might screw up with me near him." she said, pointing over to where Adam stood.

"Tara, I don't know what's going on between you two, but you guys should really stop this shit." he said frowning down at the small brunette.

"Yeah, or we should put them in a room together and throw the key away." Christie chimed but lost her smile when she saw the death glare on Tara's face.

"Well I'm off see you guys once it's done." she said and leaned over to give Laura a sweet kiss on her cheek. "Buh-bye munchkin."

Adam looked up has he heard laughter coming from the other side of the set. There was Tara with Jordan and Minka, who was holding the baby. She said something before kissing the girl on the cheek and saying good-bye to her friend and that guy she came with. He could feel the green monster rise again, but he swallowed it down.

"Yo, Adam we can start filming." he heard Jesse saying. He nodded his head and just wanted to walk after his friends when Jordan stopped him.

"Levine!" Closing his eyes, Adam knew by the sound of his managers voice that it wasn't good. He turned to him and looked at Jordan.

"Adam, I know you are having a hard time right now, but you can't go around and be mean to everyone you don't like." he said and the lead singer let out a sigh.

"Jo, I'm sorry, alright? I just don't understand her. She's hot and cold and I hate it, because when I'm nice, she goes around and hates on me."

The manager shook his head and put a hand on his shoulder. "Maybe you should invite her to the party and then who knows, maybe she isn't as bad as you think. For heaven's sake, you don't need to get her into bed, you just need to be friendly with each other."

Sighing Adam nodded and went to the set inside the house and pushed all thoughts on the certain 5'3'' brunette woman to the back of his mind.

////////////////////////////////////////////

Finally the night of the party had come. Adam and the guys had been waiting for it all day. They just wanted to get out and have fun, now that the video was done with. But then there was the thing with Tara. Jordan had said he should invite her, but Adam knew it was impossible. So he had thought of something else.

Knowing that Tara would never agree if asked her, Adam went to Christie.

"Christie?" he said, once he found her sitting with the father of the baby girl.

She looked up and smiled as she saw him coming over to them. "Adam hey. Oh let me introduce you guys, Michael this is Adam." she said and pointed to the musician and then did the same with Michael. "He is Laura's dad, Michael."

The two men shook hands and exchanged hellos, then he turned back to Christie. "Okay, listen, I need to ask you a favor."

She nodded and told him to sit down. "Shoot."

"Can you please ask Tara to come to our party in a few days. We want to celebrate the production of the video and we would all like to have her there, after all she contributed some things to the project." he said and rubbed a hand over his short hair. "And besides she would have my head if I asked her.

"Probably not just your head, but yeah I will ask her." Christie smirked and Adam sent her a soft smile.

Once he left Micheal turned to the young woman next to him. "He's got it bad for Tara."

"Yeah, but Tara doesn't want to see it."

Both sighed and shook their heads as they watched his retreating back.

///////////////////////////////

Tara stood in front of her floor length mirror, looking over the outfit she had chosen for the party. Just thinking about it, had her fuming like mad.

Chris had asked - no threatened her to come. Promising to hurt her good friend, Tara agreed, but only reluctantly. So now she was ready and dressed in a mesh insert body, a pink silk draped skirt and black platform boots.

She had decided if she had to go to a club, she at least would wear something hot. Maybe a different guy would come along and Tara could get away from the jerk.

A knock sounded and she knew it had to be Christie. Her friend had told her that she would get her and they'd take a cab to the club. "Okay, sweetie, be good for me. I'll come back tonight." she said and kissed Jonesy's furry head.

Grabbing her clutch and her coat before opening the door to leave with Christie. Once her friend had seen Tara's outfit she let out a loud whistle.

"Damn, babe, do you want to get laid tonight?" she joked and felt a light punch on her arm.

"No, I don't plan on it, but who knows it might happen." Tara smirked and the two women left for the party.

////////////////////

It was a bit before the cab arrived at the club, Tara and Christie could see the huge line of guests standing in front of the building.

"Wow, I didn't know it was going to be so packed tonight." Christie said as they got out of the car.

Tara grinned and held out her hand for her friend. Usually when they both went clubbing, they linked hands so to not loose each other. Together they walked up to the bouncer and showed him their invitation cards. He nodded his head and let them pass, to the dislike of the other girls, who were grumbling in the line.

They left their coats at the wardrobe area and went inside. The music was booming from the speakers and Tara wore a big grin. Finally she might be able to forget about Adam.

"Hello ladies!" A voice sounded behind them and the two women looked over their shoulder.

"James!" Christie grinned and pulled the long haired man into a tight hug. Tara nodded in greeting and smiled at him.

"Come on, let's go up. We got a whole floor to ourselves." he said and grabbed Christie's hand, leading them both to the upper level.

Adam had been nursing a beer, while waiting for Christie to arrive. She had promised him to talk to Tara, but wasn't sure if she would tag along. But then he felt a hand slap him onto his back. Looking over he found Jesse pointing at James, who was coming up with the two women.

He felt his eyes widen when he saw Tara walking up to them. And it weren't just his eyes that were bulging.

"Damn, she's hot." Mickey muttered when he saw the petite brunette walking up to them. "I know she was good looking, but I think that is over the top."

And Adam couldn't help it. He swallowed loudly and nodded his head in agreement. Tara really was, she was out of the roof. But the good feelings instantly died down when he saw the dark look she was giving him. Sighing softly Adam looked up to the roof and asked himself where he had gone wrong with her. Normally it was so easy to be with a woman and to be nice to each other, but not with Tara. No, Tara was a she devil.
♠ ♠ ♠
//////////////////////////////////////////

And another one for you guys. Let me know what you think. And if you want to take a look at the outfits Tara where's in the story just go here:

http://www.polyvore.com/love_somebody/collection?id=3272201