Status: Hiatus until further notice.

You Tried to Save Me, but it Won't Work This Time!

Twisted lies and meddling hands.

Ronnie's POV

Well that was weird, I thought to myself as I left Mike. He was acting so strangely today. As was everyone else. It was like whenever I went into a room people stopped talking and changed the subject, or were overly dramatic in their greeting.

One half of me was thinking:

'Oh what the hell, probably more rumours going around about me.' But the other half of me wanted to clench it's tummy and bite it's nails nervously. You'd think after surviving prison that I wouldn't get like this. But I do, it's still there, that almost adolescent feeling of wanting people to like you.

I bumped into someone and apologised before I realised it was Jacky. He placed a hand on my shoulder.
"Ronnie, you ok man?" I shook my head.

"Can I talk to you?" Jacky nodded and we walked around so we were behind the buses.

"What's up?"

"Is there like...stuff going round about me? I mean....everyone's been acting really weird, and I'm starting to get freaked out..." Jacky looked like he was about to say something but then didn't. He thought for a moment then spoke.

"Sorry man, I haven't heard anything...."

"Jacky don't lie to me man! You're my best friend, c'mon!" Jacky looked guilty and I waited again for a response.

"You know, I....I'm sorry Ronnie, I do know something, but it's not my place to tell you. It's to do with Mike, you need to talk to him." I rolled my eyes and pestered my best friend for a few more minutes but he refused to give in so I was forced to leave, now feeling a bit irritated.

I started looking for Mike but couldn't find him anywhere.

Justin's POV.

I had to get to Mike before Ronnie did. Kellin had texted ahead and told me Ronnie was looking for him. I just didn't want it to all end in tears.
I called him but he didn't pick up.
I had to duck out of Ronnie's sight several times as we each crossed the massive tour park.

I went round the corner behind one of the set up stages, and stopped as I recognised Jacky's voice.
"You do know he's looking for you right? He's gonna make you tell him yourself....and god knows he ain't happy. That's kind of ironic, isn't it? You two have been such good friends all this time....and then he makes you tell him the thing that'll ruin you." When Mike replied to the nasty snarls coming from Jacky, his voice was tense and angry, but I could tell he was hurt.

"You don't know that."

"Oh but I do. See, Ronnie broke up with me, y'know, a while back,"

Oh my god Ronnie and Jacky were together??!!?! I thought, but forced myself to keep listening.

"...because he's not gay-"

"For you maybe." I smirked at Mike's quick reply, wanting to pat him on the back.

"...And I'm his best friend, you're just some little weasel we had to come on tour with, you mean nothing to him, nothing. It's quite funny really, he tells me everything. He said that you have problems, so deep that no one could ever hope to fix....he said that he..." Jacky started laughing a cruel, taunting laugh and anger started building up inside me too, I couldn't stand the way he was talking to my friend.

"....he actually feels sorry for you-"

"SHUT UP!! SHUT UP!! SHUT UP!!" I ran round the corner as Mike grabbed Jacky and hammered a fist into his face repeatedly. I pulled him off him with little avail, then suddenly someone else was pulling him off too. I froze slightly when I realised it was Ronnie. He bent down to Jacky who pretended to be really hurt, whimpering and playing up to his sympathy. As Ronnie stood and turned to us, Jacky winked at me and Mike, making both of us want to go at him again.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" He yelled at Mike, shocking both of us. Ronnie never yelled. Ronnie never got angry. If he did, he'd always walk away and come back when he'd calmed down to talk things over. This never happened.
Mike struggled for an answer and Ronnie got more angry.

"Is that it?! Nothing to say for yourself after you just beat my best friend to a pulp?!!" He shouted, grabbing Mike by his collar, Mike, who started to well up, couldn't say anything.

"Hey, hey, HEY!! Ronnie let go man...I heard everything..." He turned to me, icily composing himself. Mike collapsed against the back of the stage.

"Fine, what happened then?"

"Jacky was provoking him man!" Ronnie snorted and I pulled him back to make him listen.

"Shut the fuck up and listen. I stood here and listened to everything your crackpot best friend was saying. He was sayin things...." I shook my head disgustedly at Jacky.

"...that no friend should ever say. He was cutting real deep man. Mike held his tongue right up until you got here." Ronnie looked at Mike.

"Is that true?" Mike nodded weakly and he got closer.

"Ok then, what was he saying that made you, of all people, flip out so bad?" I held my breath and Mikes eyes glazed over with defeat. He didn't utter a word. Ronnie shook his head then snapped at me:

"Nice try. C'mon Jacky..." He picked up Jacky who whined and groaned in mock pain, Mike started sobbing quietly and Ronnie snarled at him before he left:

"You disgust me."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading everyone! I really hope you like this story as much as I do already :)

Please leave me and my epic co-author some feedback, we need to hear what you think!!