Status: Active

The Dead Will Walk the Earth

Chapter 5

"It's the bites." Jill said. "The infection is spread through the bites that woman succumbed to them then a few seconds later she waked up one of them."

"Are you sure it's the bites?" Jimmy asked handing her a bottle of water.

"Postive it happened to that woman and I saw it happen to someone else a couple of days ago." She said. "He was bitten, then he died only to wake up a few seconds later one of them."

"At least we have some idea of what we're dealing with." Shadows said.

"Sounds like all we have to do is avoid getting bitten and just do the simple basic things we usually do to prevent sickness and illness." Lzzy said.

"This is making me fucking paranoid." Moose said pacing. "Do y'all think there's a cure or at least something we can inject ourselves with to fight the infection?"

"Doubt it." Matt said. "Damn government still doesn't even know what exactly this shit is."

"It's the end of the world that's what it is." Charly said. "And this shit that's going on is God's way of punishing us."

"Don't say that babe." Matt said. "This isn't the end and we're all gonna get through this and fight against this."

"You can't fight against fate and God." She said getting up. "You can't fight against powers and forces that are greater than you and beyond your control."

"Since when are you religious?" Jay asked. "You never said shit about God if there even if one before now you're sprouting out shit you hear in Sunday school."

"I'm just saying since no one seems to know what the hell is going on maybe we need to consider that there's some higher power doing this." Charley said. "As fucked up as it is it's his way of ending the world and punishing us all for our sins and non belief in him."

"Plus my grandmother used to tell me that there would come a time when God would punish us but it would be different than when he flooded the Earth." She said.

"This is fucked up." Tre said. "Even if God is doing this there's nothing we can do about it."

"All we can do is try to survive it." Lzzy said taking out a gun and cocking it. "So what do we do first?"

"Mom do you think they'll ever let us out?" River asked burying his face in her shirt. "Will we be okay?"

"We will baby we're gonna be fine." She said looking as some of the other occupants covered the body up.

"What the hell happened?" Kenny asked.

"We were trying to help that woman Diane when one of those things came outta nowhere." Manny said. "It hit Fletcher he was grabbing his neck and screaming he backed up falling over the balcony."

As he said this there was a gasp heard. Everyone turned to see the tarp covering Fletcher being to move as he sat up.

"How'd you people find us?" Cherie asked.

"Heard the screaming and the shots." Gerard said. "Speaking of which y'all kicked ass back there."

Britney laughed. "So you all know each other?"

"We do." Mikey said gesturing to his brother and Meghan. "We found them in a warehouse."

"If you don't mind me asking what happened to your leg?" Meghan asked.

"This?" Cherie said lifting up her mechanical leg. "Got infected pretty damn badly with a virus so they had to cut it off." "Then they gave me the option of either a fake plastic leg or this." "As you can see I chose the latter."

"No offense but why?" Johnny asked.

"Cause I always have a weapon on me like this." Cherie said."Where we heading anyway?"

"To the mall." Meghan said. "According to our computer it's the only place not really crawling with those things."

"How can you tell?" Zacky asked.

"You see this?" Meghan asked pointing to light blue dots. "Since they're dead they're cold blooded." "We programmed our computer to sense them when we managed to get a sample of their flesh."

"You did that?" Zacky asked.

She nodded. "Had some help but I did most of it also installed the blades in my boots."

Zacky chuckled. "Is there anything you can't do?"

"You'll just have to stick around to find out." She said with a smile that made him blush.

"Arin we're almost out of gas." Kimberly said looking at the meter that was nearing E.

"I know I'm trying to find a gas station." He said. "There's one."

Arin got out looking around cautiously seeing no danger he undid the lid and started pumping gas. As he got finished he heard a snarling noise behind him.

Turning he backed up seeing a zombie snarling at him. "Arin get in!" Kimberly yelled.

Arin tried tripping and falling to the ground. The zombie ran forward just as it jumped...

It fell to the ground as a gunshot echoed around. Arin gasped then looked up seeing a woman wearing spandex pants, black bra, avaitor glasses, stiletto boots standing there with a caliber.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah." Arin said getting up. "Thanks."

"Arin." Kimberly said getting out and hugging him crying. "I was so scared."

"It's okay now Kim." He said.

"Who are you?" Hayley asked getting out as well.

The woman said nothing getting on her bike before saying...

"Come with me if you want to live."