Skip Day

Kasey Alvarado's Day Off

“Fuck!”

Gale jerked awake and lifted his head from the pillow. “Wuzhappen?”

“Gale! My alarm didn't go off!”

“So?” Gale rolled over and pulled the blanket closer to himself.

“So, I have class like, ten minutes ago, and I'm still wearing last night's clothes, and dammit, Gale, are you even listening?”

“'Course I am,” he muttered.

Kasey pulled the blanket off of him and he jumped up in shock and anger.

“I am late to class. I am still wearing last night's clothes. That's not okay!”

“Sweetie, don't yell,” Gale said meekly. “How can I help you?”

Kasey sighed heavily and sat on Gale's bed. Her short pink hair was sticking up in every direction and the t-shirt she feel asleep in was hanging off one of her shoulders. In the late morning light, she looked perfect to Gale. He resisted the urge to touch her, kiss her, because he knew she wouldn't like it.

“Why am I worrying so much? I mean, it's just one class.”

“Exactly.”

“It's not like I'm missing vital information. It's an elective, even. And it's Friday.”

“Right, and you're a senior,” Gale reminded her.

“So maybe...” she turned to face him, her eyes sparkling, “it's time for a day off. And I can stay here -” she climbed on top of him, straddling his lap – “with you.”

He put his hands on her thighs and slid them up under her shirt onto her waist. “Why, Miss Alvarado! I can't believe you're skipping class. How scandalous,” he teased.

“Five minutes ago you weren't even willing to sit up, and yet now that I've agreed to this, you're all excited.”

“Well I mean...” Gale shrugged and let his hands wander upward. “I love it when you break rules.”

Kasey kissed him roughly and rolled her hips. He groaned and she pushed his hands out of her shirt and pinned his wrists to the wall. “What about when I tease you,” she said breathlessly.

“I love it,” he said, trying to get closer to her.

“Good.” Kasey leaned back and in one swift movement grabbed the blanket, wrapped herself up in it and laid down. “Then I'm going back to sleep, because it's too damn early for me to be up for anything but class, and I'm calling the shots today.”

Gale huffed. “I hope you're looking forward to this afternoon then, because I'm going to make this the best skip day you've ever had.”