Wish upon a star...for a new life?! That's not what I had in mind. Wishes aren't supposed to come true!

Chapter Two

"Kelly! Kelly wake up!" Someone screamed. She jumped up hitting her head on the roof of the truck. Rubbing her head she looked next to her and glared at her twin brother Reese. "Don't Ever. Do. That. Again." She said. Reese just chuckled turning up the radio higher. Kelly looked out the driver's window. Hmmm that car seems familiar she thought. It was tagged with a bright yellow paper reading FUNERAL. The car seemed so familiar, but at the same time so not familiar. Kelly thought frowning. Reese looked at Kelly from the corner of his eye. He had a weird feeling something wasn't right with everything. He heard Kelly gasp. "It can't be." She whispered harshly, biting her lip. "Oh my god! Oh my god! What did I do?" She asked herself looking from the car to Reese and back. Reese just just watched her.

A loud shrill broke Kelly's thoughts. "Hello?" She squeaked. Reese looked at her weirdly, but she just looked away. "We got the train..." She trailed off looking up to see the train was still sitting there unmoving. "Guys just chill we'll get there when we get there." She explained smiling. "Bye." She said snapping her phone shut. Kelly stopped herself from thinking about the familiar car with the yellow funeral sign.

"Is there anyway we can avoid waiting longer?" Kelly asked agitated after a few minutes. "Seeing as I'm on the right lane and there are cars on my left, cars in front and in back of me, and some mechanic shop on my right. No." He explained as if he was talking to a little kid. She just glared at him. And he just rolled his eyes."Ugh! I hate you." She said remembering the reason they'd drifted apart...David. It was all his fault. In reality it was all her fault for letting her and her brother drift apart. "I thought you were over that Kelly." Reese sighed turning to look at her, but she just ignored him and started playing with her hands. "I'm not." She mumbled.

"Kelly what---" Reese started. "I don't want to hear it. I really don't." She said cutting him off. Kelly could see Reese was getting angry. "Kelly it's not right. We were so close and now we're...."

"Not." She finished for him. He looked hurt. "You didn't even e-mail me or write while you were gone to Rhode Island. That hurt. It was a year. I had to hear about you from the guys." Reese mumbled gulping loudly. "Well what do you want me to say?" She asked looking at him. "You want an apology? Ha if that's what you want. I'm sorry. There goes insincerity for you. I hope your happy. I'm. Sorry. Reese!" She said letting out her breath angrily. He just looked at her. "You see sometimes what we think is best others don't. I'm sorry you didn't think what I did was right, but at the time and now, still I believe it was for the best, Reese." She said bluntly. "The only thing I'm sorry about is hurting you, but I'm not sorry about what I did the year away from home." Reese just shook his head disbelieving. So it was only for the best. He thought. For who's best?

→ ♥ ←

She got out of the truck quietly taking her bags refusing Reese's help. "Welcome back Kelly!" Her family and friends shouted. She smiled, but frowned as her eyes landed on David. He just smirked at her hugging Jules closer. Reese watched from the doorway and knew he was the one who'd got it all wrong. David was just another S.O.B.

Kelly brushed it off mustering all her strength to act as if everything was okay. They all greeted her, asked questions about her stay, and hugged the living day lights out of her. Jules came up to her smiling evilly. "Best friend, I'm glad your back I missed you." Jules said with fake happiness."Ha ha to bad it isn't mutual." Kelly mumbled. "What?" Jules asked narrowing her eyes. "Me, too." Jules turned and headed to David. Kelly just rolled her eyes. What a skank. She thought as she headed to her room. It was to hard to pretend everything was okay.

→ ♥ ←

Kelly sat on her bed cross-legged staring at her door. The other guys would be coming later. She couldn't wait to see Aiden, Kevin, Ben, Andy, and Joe. At that thought she felt a little better. Someone knocked softly on the door. "Come in." Her brother Reese walked in with his arms behind his back. She eyed him warily. "What's up big brother?" Kelly asked trying to look behind his back. "I'm sorry Kels." He said pouting and revealing a puppy with a green bow around it's head. Reese looked at her hopefully as he handed her the puppy.

She put the puppy down gently on the bed and tackled him in a hug. " I missed you Reese." She said tears rolling down her cheeks."Me too", was all he could say as he hugged her back.