Status: Completed

Death Agent

Mind ***

After agreeing to joining the R.I.P.D, I follow behind the Proctor as she leads me out of the white room. I hold my new gun and other bits that have been given to me close to my chest. I jump back as I exit the room to find no floor before me, only a drop that goes a every long way.

"You won't fall, now chop chop," the Proctor commands.

I see her standing half way, hesitantly I take a step forward. Due to no falling to my death, I quickly make my way across, wanting to not be on this horrid pathway longer than what I have to be. Going through the door, we walk into a large room filled with desks and people working away; all in officers uniforms.

I continue to follow the proctor, looking around the room, attempting to take it all in. We stop at a desk, the name on the plate reads Walker. The gentlemen working at the desk stops working and looks up at us.

"Nick, I got your new partner," the proctor exclaims, leaning against the desk.

Standing up, he reaches out to shake my hand and introduces, "Hey, I'm Nick."

Returning the hand shake, I reply, "Lacey."

"Great, I'll leave you too it," the Proctor perks up and exclaims before walking off.

Closing up the folder and placing it in his drawer, he tells me, "Come on, we've got a job to do and I'll give you a better run down."

I follow behind him, like a puppy with my tail between my legs. He leads me to a toilet on the side of the room. Moving the walls next to us to create a box around us, the make shift room becomes a way to transport us from this place, back down to earth.

I continue to follow behind Nick, I feel like I have shout down. I can no longer take in what is going on, it's a completely and utter mind fuck. We climb into a car, there is silence as he drives to god knows where. I just stare out the window, I million things running through my mind. The blurring scenery flying past, I do not even click as we pull up in a cemetery.

"What are we doing here?" I whisper, climbing out of the car.

"Follow me," Nick exclaims, walking away from the car and up a small hill.

I sit down next to him and look at what he is looking at, a small gathering for a funeral. Shock runs through my body as I see a large picture of myself, it is placed in front of the closed, black coffin.

"Is that my funeral?" I ask barely above a whisper, my voice breaking.

Nodding his head, he informs me, "Yeah, when I died. The only way it really hit home was seeing my own funeral."

I roll my eyes in annoyance seeing Conor, he is wearing all black with sadness plaster all over his face. He places a red rose on my black coffin. Seeing the expression on my face, Nick questions, "Your ex?"

"More like the bastard who killed me," I mumble, not taking me eyes off Conor.

Nick looks at me confused and asks me to elaborate. Pushing some hair behind my ear, and ask him, "You seen that movie Mr and Mrs Smith?"

Nodding his head in response to my question, I explain, "Yeah well, we were just like that movie however that dick kills me, instead of realising that love is more important than money.”