Status: Completed

Death Agent

Avatar

I throw my head back in laughter as I climb into the driver's seat, while Nick slides into the passenger seat. He mumbles under his breathe, while staring out the window, "It's not funny!"

"Come on, your avatar on earth is a wee girl scout," I tease through my laughs.

Mumbling again, he replies, "Not all of us are lucky enough to have a male body builder as our avatar."

I see the annoyance on his face, deciding I've had my fun, I drop it. We use our avatar's to hide our true looks, stopping us from being recognised by the people alive on earth. I was lucky enough to get a large, muscular male body builder. Therefore I had a threatening appearance which worked brilliantly, while Nick had an avatar of an young teenager, with long strawberry blonde hair along with glasses and braces.

Nick and I have been partners for a few years, we have completed all our missions of collecting deados. He has passed on the tricks from his last partner, using the cue cards and food to lure the deados out.

As I am driving back, Nick points to the right turn and asks me to turn off. I continue to follow his instructions, he leads me down streets towards a large building. He asks me to pull up, again I do as I am told. I follow his lead as he exits the car and walks to the large wire gate.

I lean on the bonnet of the car, my arms crossed over my chest, watching him leaning in the fence, his fingers gripping to the diamond shapes holding this fence together. I remain silent, cocking my head to the side with an raised eyebrow, intrigued by his actions.

"This is where it all ended for me," he informs, breaking the silence.

"As in, where you crocked it?"

Nodding his head, still looking at the large building. I recall him telling me of how his life came to an end. He was betrayed by a friend, his partner in the force. Licking over my lips, I question why he lead me here. I wait for him to answer my question.

Chuckling at me comment, he looks over his shoulder at me, a large grin plastered on his lips. Turning towards me, he shrugs his shoulders as he exclaims casually, "I believe it is only fitting to start my new life, where my old life came to a screaming halt."

Thinking for a moment, replaying his words over again in my head, I reply still not on the same page, "What are you getting at Nick? You've been on this 'life' for many years.."

"Yes, but not a life where I felt whole. You've brought that to this life," he exclaims sincerely.

"Nick..." I whisper softly, hoping and praying, that he returns the feelings I possess towards him.

His smile never leaves his face and no words are exchanged as he walks towards me. My breathe catches in my throat, wanting to pinch myself to see if this is actually happening. I stand up, my face being merely inches from his. Cupping my cheek, he does not take a moment to think, instead he places a kiss on my lips.

"Who knew my best life would begin after death," I whisper as he pulls away.