Gensokyo 20XXII: Imprisonment, Secrets, Sacrifice, Sorrow, and Freedom

Part VII

After awhile, we had noticed Mokou and Kaguya were abscent at discussion time. We waited a few more minutes and then they had finally shown, Kaguya being carried on Mokou's back. According to Mokou, Kaguya kicked into too many walls and was tuckered out. She set her down gently on the floor and stated they had seen Tosca but weren't able to free her at the time. Mokou also noted she asked about Ran and Reimu and wanted to know if either of them was alright. Kaguya sniffled and said, "We didn't have the heart to tell her about Ran but we did reassure that Reimu was alright." I don't blame them for not wanting to tell her but I cannot help but to feel they should have, then again, she had already gone through so much and has had such horrible things done to her, so knowing what had happened to Ran would torture her. Then again, who knows? Perhaps telling her the truth, instead of leaving her in uncertainty, would be better for her.

Perhaps....
***
Oh, I'm still
alone and
I'm still sober
***
Well, I am staying in Mokou and Kaguya's apartment and, frankly, I'm sad. I know I want the others to escape and that is why I escaped, so I could have Kaguya and Mokou break them out. I haven't seen them since, though and that was, well, over a few months ago. I wait for them, hoping they would come home for good news. I have been waiting a long time. To make it worse, I'm sober because I drank all the booze ages ago but, worst of all, I'm alone. I don't like being sober but I really hate being alone. If the others were here, then I wouldn't be alone. Of course, I'm alone because I escaped and sought help. I'm awful, really, and maybe I should go back, then we can be imprisoned together but if those bastards hurt Reimu, heads is gonna roll and I am kicking asses and then, I'm gonna rip their arms off and beat them with 'em, yeah, and it will be cool. Oh, if only I could, but I have to stay here and watch the apartment, while they're gone, then again, they might not come back. I remember when it was three of them here. Mokou, Kaguya, and the cow named Keine. Now there is just two and Keine isn't here anymore. She went to join Yuugi amongst the stars. I'm left all alone.

"The worst thing I find about being sober, is being alone with no one to talk to. I don't currently have any sake but I have someone to talk to, Suika, and that is better than sake. Being alone and sober would be a living a hell, don't ya think, Suika?"

Still, I hate being alone and sober. Why yes, I agree, Yuugi.
***
"OPERATION: Freeing Tosca is a go."
***
Everything was falling into place. So far we are one operation away from "OPERATION: Get the Hell Out and Blow this place to hell!" In a way, I cannot help but to wonder what will happen to us after this, after all, there are far too many pieces to pick up. I didn't think we had to kill but, then again, we were unjustly imprisoned and there is no way we'd leave without Reimu and Yukari. Reimu's a child that needs to be protected and Yukari has endured enough hell. We all had endured hell but I hoped there would be no killing. Of course, we placed into circumstances that we were forced to be in. Then again, blowing this place to hell would destroy any evidence that we even escaped. Then agan, whose to say we won't be captured again and placed into even worse circumstances. As far as I know, we might or, to the least be housed in a seperate area, being segregrated.

I stood there, holding a sleeping Reimu, in the area where I was instructed to wait with Koishi, Nitori, Satori, and Yuuka for Kaguya and Mokou. It was well past two hours and I was starting to get agitated. I was afraid that remaining gaurds there were (Kaguya couldn't stop poisoning them, which was redundant as we were going to blow them up anyway) were going to kill us. They haven't. We sat down, to no more than silence. We hopped up when we heard the sound of gunshots and glass shattering. They had finally surfaced, Yukari holding Kaguya's hand. When I inquired about the gunshots, Mokou explained that Yukari had some rage she wanted no more than to vent and had emptied the machine gun that Kaguya had hidden in her asscrack in a wall of mirrors. Looking at me with weak eyes, she reached up to touch my scarred face. After touching my scarred face, she threw her arms around me and Reimu, whispering, "I shouldn't have let them hurt you, my beautiful babies."

After the reunion, we made our way out through a tunnel but, apparently, the fat fucker just couldn't die, not without fighting the poison, son of a bitch. He persued us but, in a hurried rush, Kaguya climbed of Mokou's back and kicked the fat fucker down and hurried back to be with us. Once, we felt we were far enough away, "OPERATION: Get the Hell Out and Blow this place to hell!" was set in motion. The explosion was larger than expected and it killed the fat bastard, the mooks, and everyone else that bothered to harm to us. It was over.
***
"Is that how the story ends?"

"Yes, sweetheart, that is how it ends."
***
New Gensokyo, Page 1, first draft, Introduction.

Time has passed since then, really. The option to deal with Youkai became less draconian but we were forced to move into a seperate town, being allowed. I have been clean for a long time and so far I have put our story into the pages of a book. We all had new stories to tell and we were glad we at least could tell it. Yukari, Reimu, and Ran were reunited with Chen and Yuuka was reunited with a now blinded Rumia. Yuyuko still remained in Aya's apartment, holding onto her career as a sumo wrestler, but often taking the time out to visit. My little sister eventually got well. Kaguya and Mokou resumed their lives. Slowly, Yukari recovered but, as for her sight, she has but a long ways to go, however, she did eventually. Ran eventually did strike up a romance and later became pregnant. In that vein, Reimu did acquire new wheelchair and is quite enjoying it and Chen was so pleased that we have new stories to tell. Said story is the story that shall be printed within these many pages.

Also, I forgot about Suika. She turned out alright and stated she was happier than when she had ever been.
***
Satori's book did eventually get published and chronicled every last bit, right down to the last detail, in it. Aya will have wanted that. We all would have. After Ran read the book to Chen, she asked, "Is that how the story ends?" Ran smiled, stroked her hair, and said, "Yes, sweetheart, that is how it ends."

In the end, we were home.