Fastest Way To Loneliness

10

"He came up to you in the parking lot?" Kat said clutching the pillow to her chest, as Larissa recalled the weeks events. Even though that was Monday and it was Friday, dealing with authorities had made all the girls at the club busy. Kat had noticed there was a change in Larissa,

"Yeah, after my class, thankfully David was there." she smiled.

"So, you and this David are pretty serious huh?" Kat decided she wanted to see if he was the reason for Larissa's change.

"We haven't talked about it in great detail. I mean he still pays me, so I wouldn't call that serious."

"Would you rather him not pay you?" Kat said prying, at least hoping to.

"Yes, it may seem a little more normal. I mean when we're together it's almost like we're together. You know?" she looked at Kat.

"Like me and Kyle you mean?"

"Yeah! Until the end of the week and he pays me, it kind of..." Larissa trailed off sighing.

"Hurts?" Kat had been in this exact situation before she and Kyle became what you would call serious. Before he put a ring on her finger, that's why she noticed the change in Larissa. Not getting the same pleasure from making men weak just by a little shimmy.

"I know how you feel, Kyle and I used to be that way."

"Really?"

"We just kept it more private." she said eying her friend "But as it got more public, that's when it started to hurt. Makes you wonder if that's all he see's you as, a whore."

"Then you realize you're in love I suppose?" Larissa sighed her heart heavy.

"Basically, the trick is getting him to realize it too."

Larissa never had this problem before, most men didn't and couldn't effect her this way. Making her try and get out of what her life had become. Thinking in long term, family wise, she only wished she knew if he was thinking the same way. But if he were, he probably would propose that he should stop paying her. And he hasn't,

"How did you go about doing that?" Larissa grinned realizing what she needed to do. Kat grinned, glad to see her friend happy. And happy to help her friend stay that way.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"David, you expect me to believe that you are foolish enough to fall in love with a hooker?" Dan sighed as they were in the jewelry store. Mainly in the ring section,

"Shut up Dan, she's not a hooker. And her name is Larissa." David said through gritted teeth.

"Yah?" Dan smirked.

"And I'm not in love."

"There's this thing called bullshit, and you're completely pulling that trick." David was startled by his friends words.

"It rarely works in the card game itself, specially if you're a bad liar. Which you are." Dan said while David stared at him.

"I'm not, like you said."

"No, I said you're lying and foolish."

"Well, I'm neither." David said spotting the ring Larissa would like.

"Then why are we in the jewelry store mate? In the diamond ring section?"

"Shut up," David said to his smirking friend "Can I see that ring right there?" he asked the clerk.

"It's quite a pretty penny son." the clerk said to David as he examined the diamond encrusted silver band.

"She's worth it."

"I should hope so." the older man smiled.