Fastest Way To Loneliness

13

"You cheated!" Kat shouted at Kyle as he went for his next turn.

"How the hell do you cheat during bowling?" he asked basically ignoring her and taking his next turn.

"You stepped over the line, again!"

"I think you need glasses." he shook his head as he came back to sit down with David and Larissa. David watched as Larissa walked to the line with her bowling ball. She claimed to not be that great of bowler, but he could see her bluff. Especially since she kept bowling perfect strikes.

"Strike again?" Kyle said with wide eyes.

"I see why Kat wanted to play guys against girls." David sighed getting up to bowl winking at Larissa as he passed her smiling cheekily.

"Because we don't need to feel inferior and have you men bowling for us." Kat sniffed, giving Larissa a girly high five.

"Or because you didn't want to share Larissa with one of us." Kyle muttered. Kat rolled her eyes and then turned her attention to David. Who magically did the same thing, got a perfect strike. The difference wash he claimed to not be that bad at bowling.

"I don't why you're complaining, you have a decent team mate." Larissa chuckled.

"Whatever." It was Kats' turn then, Kyle bent over in his chair waiting for the moment to spook her. David and Larissa watched as the couple began to bicker.

"So, where;'d you learn how to not be that great of a bowler?" David asked with a smirk as Larissa shrugged.

"I used to bowl a lot when I was younger. With friends and such, but I always came in last place. I Guess that means they were just amazing." she chuckled. Then turned to him even more. " How about you?" she nudge him with her elbow playfully. He smiled trying to ignore the couple fighting over the line you're not supposed to step over when bowling.

"Same, I was just one of those friends that was good at it."

"Oh really now?" Larissa smirked, it was hard for David not become so absorbed in her smile.

"Yeah," he grinned, as Larissa moved some of his hair out of his eyes. They stared at each other for what seemed like and eternity to David. He started to lean closer for her lips,

"OK lovebirds." Kyle said snapping them both back to reality.

"My turn?" Larissa said clearing her throat.

"Yeah, your last turn. So be amazing, all we need is a strike." Kat said with a huff plopping down next to David trying to hold in his laughter. Larissa swayed up to the line, managing to make David adjust himself to where he couldn't seen. Of course she bowled a strike, making the shouting between Kat and Kyle start up again.

"David please get a freaking strike." Kyle sighed shaking his head. David walked up to the line calmly with his ball. There was a yell from behind him, but he didn't pay attention. Be let the ball go, knocking every pin down.

"Yes!" Kyle shouted standing up jumping. Grabbing David in a bear hug manly type thing. Larissa laughed making David smirk. The night was seeming to be going smoothly for a double date.
----------------------------------

"David, what's it like to be in a band?" Kat asked as they were all eating ice cream.

"It's nice, it gets tiring." He sighed before spooning some ice cream in his mouth.

"I bet sometimes you have to go a week without a shower." Kyle stated randomly. David laughed at Larissa and Kat blinked at him.

"Not really, I do sometimes miss my own bed and house." he chuckled.

"Do you miss your friends?" Larissa asked.

"After a while, the band becomes your friends. You lose touch, and you realize who your true friends are." he said bleakly, Larissa understood him though. She had to do the same thing, she really only had one friend and that was Kat. She saw that was another thing she and David had in common.

"Larissa, your cone is dripping." Kat said absently slurping on her cone as well. Larissa did her best to catch the dribbling cream before it got all over her hand and blouse. Not realizing until she was done that David was staring as well as Kyle.

"All clean?" Kat chuckled finishing off her cone.

"Yes." she said pressing her lips together and glancing at David who was still staring. Larissa remembered that it was Kat's idea to go for ice cream. She glanced at David again as she finished up her ice cream cone this time he had a more serious look on his face. But Larissa was going to do her best to not give into it. She had promised herself, even if she had just set herself up for failure. She would at least try to go a month before she gave in.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I haven't updated in a forever.
But I'm a full blown student now, so I am really busy.
I don't even know how this happened to tell you the truth.
But it did!