Fastest Way To Loneliness

5

Weeks had gone by, and not only was David getting antsy to try and see Larissa but so was Larissa to see him. Even though she didn't live in Seattle, she lived in Long Island. That wasn't too far for him to travel, especially if it meant escaping what could possibly be an irritant when he got home. He and Larissa had talked on the phone, even when she didn't have the time and vise versa. He'd become accustomed to her voice, and he liked it. Although he wasn't so sure she felt the same way as he dug his phone out of his pocket and called her.

"Hey." she said into the phone, he could also tell when she was smiling while she talked.

"How are you?" he said plopping down on a couch back stage

"I've been better." she had this thing, where she never said I'm fine. Because to her, that was total bullshit, no one was ever just fine.

"Meaning?"

"I'm just a little tired that's all." she sighed, making him a little concerned.

"We get off tour in about 3 weeks." he said trying to cheer her up.

"That's good." she didn't sound like herself, and he didn't know how to get her back to herself.

"Larissa?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you ok?"

"No."

Then David wished he wasn't 8 states away in Nevada, getting ready to do a sound check.

"C'mon mate." Dan called from the stage entrance

"Larissa, I think you should call into work sick. And I'll call you as soon as we're done, ok?" he said hoping she would do what he asked

"Ok." she sighed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Larissa had done as David had asked, called into work on account of she was sick. Which she was, she had woken up disoriented, and the last thing she had remembered was walking into a hotel room with one of her clients. She managed to get up and get home, but when she took her shower she knew something was wrong. She'd always figured she'd picked her clients carefuly, and it would never happen to her. She didn't pick carefuly enough this time, and now she was paying for it. She could say it was the money, she could say he seemed to need her. But when she thought about it there was something in his eyes that should have made her say 'no thanks'. She wasn't sure if she should, or wanted to tell David, although he could tell by her voice that she wasn't ok. Maybe that meant she could tell him, and that she should tell him.

She sighed as she watched her cell phone for what seemed like hours, waiting for it to ring with David on the other end. She sighed as she finally picked it up, and dialed Kat's number. Kat answered almost immeadiatly,

"Are you ok Lar?" she asked sounding worried

"Not really."

"Was it your new catch?"

"No, a client." she sighed her voice shaking a little.

"I'll tell Will I have to leave now,and ask Minnie to cover for me." she said quickly and hung up. Not even 20 minutes later Kat was at her house sitting on the couch waiting for Larissa to explain what she could.

"I woke up, and I didn't know where I was, and could barely stand."

"Do you remember what he looked like."

"Somewhat, it was dark." she sighed

"You should go to the police Larissa."

"It's not like they would care, I'm a whore." she sighed in defeat

"Larissa, rape is rape." Kat said trying to snap her out of it.

"And prostituion is prostitution."

"Have you told whatever his name is?"

"No."

"Have you told him your real age?"

"He's the one that told me to call into work tonight, he knew I wasn't ok." she said as she tucked her knees closer to her body.

"Larissa, he's just another catch." Kat said scooting closer to her and hugging her.

If David was just another catch, why was she wishing he was the one here the most to help her through this instead of her best friend?