Fastest Way To Loneliness

7

"What's with you and this sheila anyway?" Dan asked as David looked through the forbidden section in the womens department store while Dan stood in the aisle.

"Sheila? When'd you start using that word?" David chuckled

"Since I've been Austrailian?"

"Right, you think she'd like this?" David held up a pink see through nighty that had lace at the bottom and top.

"Is this girl a ex-hooker or something? Who buys stuff like that for their girlfriend?" David didn't answer.

"Maybe I should get it in red and black." he said holding it up.

"She is a hooker isn't she?" David still didn't answer

"What are thinking mate? You can't date a hooker!"

"Not so loud." David said decided on the the red and black nighty.

"You can't date a hooker!" Dan whispered loudly as they went to the counter.

"What's so bad about it? I don't have to worry about committment, or her getting as sad when we leave for tours."

"Yeah, but she screws other guys for a living. That doesn't make you jealous?"

"We have girls all over us, so why should I get jealous." he said as the clerk gave them strange looks as she was ringing up the nighty set he was buying.

"You pay her?" he asked as David thanked the clerk and they started to leave.

"Yes?"

"You are seriously messed up in the head. How much was that frilly stuff you just bought?"

"Like $35.00, what's the problem?" he asked Dan let out a gasp.

"No hooker is worth that!" he said whispering again since they were still in the department store.

"How would you know? Dan don't tell the rest of the guy please, I don't feel like being harassed. And I don't want her being bothered either."

"Bu-"

"I said please."

"Fine, I won't tell. But you're going to end up being hurt in the end. She's a hooker, remember that mate." Dan said as they went into a store Dan liked, especially since it had men's clothes.
------------------------------

"OK open your eyes." David smiled

"Oh, a present." Larissa shook it. "Hmmm, it's not jewelry. Let me guess it's a nighty?"

"Just open it." David sighed as Larissa laughed. She'd gotten plenty of gifts like this, an had become and expert at guessing what they were.

"Wow, no one helped you with this?" she asked as she looked at the lacey nighty, that was her exact size.

"No, I took Dan, but he calls it the forbbiden zone so he wouldn't go in." David beamed.

"How sweet of you." she smiled giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Go try it on." he smirked

"Ok." she chuckled as she went in her bathroom. After she put it on, she walked back out to where David was sitting on her couch. He grinned, and she swayed over to the couch. She crawled on top of him and straddled his legs.

"I did a pretty god job." he said resting his hands on her hips as she slipped off his shirt. She smiled down at him, as she leaned down to kiss him. Then her cell phone started to ring, and it was the club by the ringtone.

"Don't answer it." David said holding onto her hand as she got up.

"Hello?"

"Listen Lar, Kat called in sick. I know it's your night off, but I don't have anyone else." Will said on the other end.

"It's fine, I'll be there in 20 minutes." she sighed and hung up the line.

"Sorry baby, but Kat called in sick so I have to go into work." she sighed looking at David's sad face.

"OK." he said pretending to pout, she laughed as she went back to her room and then called Kat.

"Hello?"

"Will said you called in sick?" Larissa asked truly concerned.

"I take it you're covering for me." she sighed.

"Yeah, I'll stop by after my last show though."

"OK." they both hung up the phone. She knew something was the matter with Kat.

"David, would you mind if we waited until tommorow night?" she asked as she grabbed her coat and keys.

"Why? Is there something wrong?"

"Kat's sick, and I don't think she's OK, so I'm going to check in on her after work." she sighed as they walked out of her appartment.

"Yeah, go see about your friend. Tell her I hope she gets better." David smiled giving her a kiss that deepened. Before they went their seperate ways on the sidewalk.