Fastest Way To Loneliness

8

That night at the club went by slow for Larissa, her high point was when she has to call Will over. A dirty cop had forgotten his place, but eventually it was the end of Kat's shift. So she rushed to Kat's apartment,

"C'mon in Rissa." Kyle said,

"Is she ok?" she asked looking around.

"I have no clue, she won't tell me what's really wrong. Will you find out please?" he said softly looking down. She patted him on the back and nodded,

"Kat?" she called.

"In here." she heard her friend call back weakly.

"What's the matter?" she sighed sitting on the bed next to her.

"I was raped." she whispered, so Kyle couldn't hear.

"Man, this can't be happening." Larissa sighed "Did he give you a phony name?"

"Yes, and I couldn't see his face." a tear slipped down Kat's cheek. Larissa went to hug her, and laid down on the bed with her.

"Did you go to the police, and the hospital?" she felt Kat nod "You need to tell Kyle."

"I want to, but I don't know how he'll react."

"I thought the same thing, but when I told David. He was actually more angry with the creep than anything." Kat looked up at Larissa.

"Besides, Kyle loves you. He's torn up that he can't help you as it is."

"You told your catch that you were raped?" Kat said sitting up.

"He wanted to know what was wrong. It's really weird, when he asks a question I can't lie." she sighed.

"Don't get in too deep Larissa." Kat warned.

"I know what I'm doing." she sighed and got up, "You need to tell Kyle, call me later." she smiled at her friend sadly. Something was going on at the club, and she hoped to figure it out before it got even worse.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

David sighed as he waited for Larissa, they were supposed to meet at the mall. She decided that she wanted to go shopping, and that he was to accompany her. Those were exactly her words. Not that he minded,

"David?" he heard a familiar voice, he turned to see his latest ex-girlfriend. He half smiled and gave a small wave, she took that as he wanted to chat with her. Which was the exact opposite of what he wanted to do.

"How have you been?" Merry grinned, he hated that grin. It was the grin that trapped him in her clutches the first time.

"Good."

"Same here, college and things. So I hear you're in a band now?" of course she heard, everyone's heard. It's old news,

"Yeah," he smiled.

"You here by yourself?" he knew that's all she needed, and he wasn't going to allow it.

"Hey babe," he heard his saviors' voice purr.

"Hey," he turned to Larissa to receive a kiss, which made him smile.

"This is Merry," he said gesturing to Merry who had a confused look on her face.

"Hello." Larissa smiled seemingly triumphant.

"Well it was nice seeing you David." Merry said backing away from the table he was sitting at.

"Bye." he said getting up and turning to Larissa, he was surprised to see her in jeans, slim fitting, but jeans. And one of her v-neck sweaters,

"Ex-girlfriend?"

"How'd you guess?"

"It's quite obvious, she now knows of your growing fame. And happened to find you all by your lonesome." she grinned.

"You came just in time." he grinned as he put his arm around her shoulders as they started to walk."So is your friend ok?"

"She will be, she had the same thing happen to her." she sighed, David felt his anger rise a little.

"What sick person would think to do that to women?"

"I don't know, and we're not the only ones. It seems to be happening at all the night clubs."

"Wow, how'd you find that out?" he said looking down at her as they continued to walk.

"I snooped around, Kat wasn't the only one that called in sick that night." she sighed.

"Oh man,"

"Exactly, I have half a mind to go to the police. Will the owner of our club is starting to get even more frustrated. He starting to narrow down who get's to come into the club. Warning new girls to be extremely selective of who we choose to be with, it's really scary."

"I would think so." he said hugging her tighter to him. He didn't want her to be in danger of being hurt like that again.