Fastest Way To Loneliness

9

"Have you ever had like any other aspirations?" David asked Larissa as they laid there in her bed.

"Such as?"

"I don't know, like school? A degree in something?"

"I finished high school, I guess since then I've never really had time to think about anything else. I got swept up in this business so fast." she sighed.

"How did you decide to do this for the rest of your life?" David asked sitting up to look at her.

"I didn't really," she said as she thought of her first time "My friend at the time made it sound so nice, and easy. I did it, but I didn't really think it was that nice. I still don't, but it's easier now than it was then." she said finally looking up at him, the expression on his face confused her. She didn't know the meaning that was behind it.

"I could say I've always wanted to be a cosmetologist." she smiled trying to uncloud her mind.

"It's not like you don't have money to go to school." he said getting up and going into her bathroom.

"I don't have the time." she said sitting up and wrapping the blanket around her.

"Make time." he chuckled over his shoulder.

"How, I spend most of that with you?"

"We'll just have to cut down." he said coming out of the bathroom.

"I don't really care for that idea..." she smirked as he sat down on the bed next to her. He only smiled, as he went in her drawer to look for a pair of his pants.

"I have ideas." he smirked, making her grow warm with anticipation. Also making her wish he wasn't putting on clothes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

David was waiting for Larissa outside of the cosmetology school, he saw her auburn hair reflect in the sun and knew it was her. She walked gracefully as normal to him,

"So?"

"Why didn't I do this earlier?" she smiled.

"It was that nice?"

"Well, today was just basic stuff that I knew already. It's just like-" she stopped in mid-sentence, looking off in the distance.

"Larissa?" David said trying to look in the direction she was.

"Let's go."

"What's the matter?" he only saw her run to the other side of the car.

"Let's just go!"

"Excuse me," a deep voice said from behind him. He turned around to be faced with a rather distorted looking man, at least that's how he was in the face.

"Yeah?" David breathed, feeling the hairs on the back of his neck stick up.

"Is that lovely woman with you?" David didn't know how to answer the question, and he couldn't get over the man's ugliness. So he just gave the man a bemused look,

"Is she your... uh... girlfriend?" he said to clarify.

"Yes," David puffed out his chest understanding Larissa's fright somewhat.

"Do you know where she spends her nights?" the ugly man grinned showing horrible dental neglect.

"Do you?" David threw back.

"Well...I...uh...-"

"I have to get somewhere, and now I'm late." David said stiffly, and got into the car. Leaving Larissa to stare at him in wonder.

"I told you we should've just gone." she said quietly as they sped out of the parking lot.

"Is he one of your clients?"

"No, he does look familiar though."

"I don't like the fact that guys like him come into that club. They're dangerous, and gross." he ground out.

"So what? You want me to quit?" she huffed.

"What I want, may not be the same as what you want." he said still tensed up. That creep probably was intending to get with her some day, even if it was by force.

"I think he's the one that raped me, and Kat." she sighed. He looked over at her, and she was looking down at her lap. He pulled the car over, and wrapped her in a hug.

"David why are you so good to me?" she said between sobs.

"What do you mean? How am I supposed to treat you?"

"I don't know, like back there. You defended me, most would've-"

"I'm not most guys." he said pulling away to look down at her.

"He is the one who raped me, he hangs around the club. Like he's picking out who he wants next, knowing none of us would ever come to him willingly." she sniffed.

"We're going to the cops, and to the owner."

"They won't believe us, they think sooner or later things like this will happen."

"Rape is rape, regardless of who it happens to or of their occupation." he sighed making her look at him, he didn't even know why he felt the need to make sure that she wasn't crying anymore. This was supposed to be a no strings attached relationship, not that he minded anymore. He found himself more and more being attached by her strings, even if it was unintentionally.

"Let's go get some rest."

"You'll stay with me tonight?" she said brushing back the hair out of his eyes.

"Of course." even if she hadn't asked he would have anyway.
♠ ♠ ♠
one more chapter of transfering.