Status: Shoot me comments! I wanna know how I'm doing!! :)

Survive the Storm

Chapter 18

1 month later...

October 21st
I got up out of the car.
My dad lifted my crutches out of the back.
I got onto the concrete and crutched as fast as I could to the sidewalk.
Looking around my surrounding like felt normal at last.
Construction workers had finished the construction on the school, from all the broken windows and walls.
I haven't seen anyone in a month, while the rebuilding and healing of us and the school was going on.
Even if I lost 4 friends and a lot of self confidence I was determined to live the rest if my life happily.
I was lucky I lived.
Walking in into the newly done commons was a rush of all my memories before the storm... And a painful flash back from that first day, hearing the tornado siren.
I shook away the hurting thought.
Sitting down at our usual table I waited for my friends.
Jane came with Chloe.
Chloe had a brace around her thigh and big white scar on her forehead, almost exactly where mine was.
Jane was now in a walking cast and a brace was around her left arm.
They sat down near me and all we could do was hug.
Hailey, Kendra, and Kia came next.
All 3 of them resulted in no injuries but hypothermia like all of us had.
We all hugged and talked for a while, so happy to see each other again.
But one thing was missing from our chat, actually 5 things, not things but people.
We would never see Nikki, Dani, Josie, Megan, or Emma ever again.
I just couldn't believe they were gone.
The last thing we really waited for though was the teacher especially Mrs. B and Ms. Payton.
I was actually excited to see how Ms. Payton looked now, because all we've ever know her to look like is you know bigger because she was pregnant since January and we've only know her for the last month.
Same with Mrs. B but she was still pregnant.
It was early in the morning, so the first hour bell wouldn't ring for the next half hour, so we awaited the teachers arrival.
Soon Ms. Payton came.
She turned around the corner looking healthy and happy.
A baby carrier was in her arms.
" Girls! " She shouted.
" Ms. Payton! " We all ran to her.
She set the carrier on the table and we all surrounded it.
But first we looked at Ms. Payton, she was so thin, it was weird like we thought it would be.
Curled up in the carrier was a baby girl, in a pretty pink pajama outfit and a headband on her tiny head, along with a baby boy curled right up next to the girl, he was in a blue pajama outfit and had a blue hat on, they were adorable.
Joseph, Ms. Payton's boyfriend, who was the father of the children, had came to school with her and stood behind Ms, Payton, with her hands on her shoulders, they both smiled at us with the babies.
" You never told us what you named them? And how old they exactly are? " Hailey pointed out.
" That's because I don't remember half of the storm, and or even the birth of them "
Ms. Payton laughed " They are a month and 4 days old "
" And what did you name them? " Kia asked.
" Well... We thought their names should have something to do with weather, but only got a girl's name for that, so the boy has just a name we like... " She smiled up at Joe.
" The baby boy's name is Dakota " Joe said to speed up the pace.
" Oh that's so cute! Hi Dakota " We all laughed to the baby.
" And the girl is the weather name... And what do u think that is? " Ms.Payton asked us.
We all shook our heads.
So Ms. Payton decided to tell us " It's Stormy "
" Oh that's awesome! " I laughed.
" Stormy and Dakota " Ms. Payton repeated, gazing at her kids.
" On the baby topic, have u guys seen Mrs. B? I wonder how's she doing "
" My dad said she should be at school today, and that the baby is due in about 2 weeks, she's still pregnant " I replied.
" oh then I hope she makes it today " Ms. Payton sounded nervous about it.
We all sighed.
" I wonder if I made it " A voice said behind Ms. Payton.
" Oh my god! " Ms. Payton jumped.
" Mrs. B! " We all yelled.
Mrs. B started laughing and smiling, " Got u guys didn't i? "
" Yes completely " Ms. Payton smiled and hugged her.
" Hey my girls! " Mrs, b broke the hug and ran to us.
All of us hugged her in a huge group.
" You have a real special connection with these girls " A man approached Mrs. B.
It was Eric, Mrs. B's hubby.
" These girls, even though we've onto know each other for 2 months, they were 2 magical months, and I love them, they're like my daughters " Mrs. B smiled at us.
" We need u Mrs. B " I cried and hugged her " You inspire me in new ways each day and I love you too "
" Did u ever find your wedding ring? " Jane cut through.
" Yep, the police returned it to me " Mrs. B fumbled with the ring on her finger.
" Oh and here, I forgot to give it back to you " I reached to my neck and unclipped the necklace locket, I had picked up during the storm.
I handed it to her.
" Oh Ella, I thought I lost it forever, you know, keep it " She gave it back to me.
" Wait, your just giving it to me? " I asked shocked " But it has your wedding picture and a picture of us in it "
" It's special to me like you, I can always get another one " She smiled.
" That will be your Christmas present " I laughed.
" I'll love it " Mrs. B side hugged me.
" Hey Mrs. B can u get that? " Kia asked Mrs. B as she dropped a paper by her.
" Yeah sure dear " She leaned down.
For the next 3 minutes we watched her try to pick up the paper.
Her stomach was so huge she couldn't lean forward and going backwards wouldn't work because it was to far.
Mrs. B had realized over the series of her 9 pregnancy months that it was hard to do many things when u were so huge.
" Honey do u want me get that? " Eric asked her but she kept saying " No I got it "
" But I'm not sure u do " He'd reply.
Soon she figured that she had to squat down, and she finally got it.
" Whew, got it " She handed it to Kia.
We all just stared at her.
" You think that's hard, you should've saw me the other day " She laughed.
" Yeah I video taped " Eric laughed.
He pulled out his phone and we watched Mrs. B sitting on her couch.
" What are you doing? " Eric asked on the video.
" I'm going to paint my nails " Mrs. B replied.
" Are you sure you can reach? Eric laughed a little.
" What do u mean? I've always painted my toe nails " She smiled.
" But u haven't since March when we found out you were pregnant " He pointed out.
A couple minutes later Eric was laughing at Mrs. B who was reaching as far down her leg in the weirdest position ever trying to reach her toe nails.
She kept grunting and panting, " So close "
" Being 8 months pregnant is hard " She fake frowned.
Then the video stopped.
We all laughed, " Soon you'll meet that little one " Ms. Payton smiled.
And so did all of us.