Status: Shoot me comments! I wanna know how I'm doing!! :)

Survive the Storm

Chapter 3

I let go of the other girls as we sat down in our assigned tables.
" Hey guys " Ms. Payton said as she walked in.
We all smiled, she was an awesome science teacher.
She started to talk about our assignment, as the roaring rain battered
the windows, she kept pausing getting annoyed with the sound.
She continued to talk as she walked around pulling the shades down on
the windows.
The lightening flashed in the dark sky, and thunder followed quickly afterwards, roaring so loud that the room vibrated.
Ms. Payton noticed the nervousness on our faces, " Its gonna be alright guys I promise" she smiled again at us, each time she did that she made me feel better.
After about 15 minutes we were pretty used to the noise.
But this new noise that sounded we had never heard before, suddenly a loud whooping sound cried through the hallways.
It was the tornado siren.
My heart dropped in my chest.
What was gonna happen to us?
I immediately became scared.
" Come on guys let's go we gotta move " Ms. Payton led us out of the
class room, we walked down to the edge of the commons where a small 8
by 8 meeting room was without windows.
She opened the door and let us in, our class was followed by Mrs. Hans
and her class.
Ms. Payton grabbed someone outside the room pulling her in with us as she shut the door.
It was Mrs. B.
All 2 classes and 3 teachers sat up against the walls, as we heard all the doors shut.
We heard the loud speaker say " Remain calm we will wait out the storm in safety "
Kia grabbed onto my arm, Jane was holding onto Kia's too.
Nikki and Kendra were a few feet from me.
Along with Hailey holding onto me from the other side.
Megan and Chloe remained by Hailey, Nikki and Kendra pushed up closer to us.
Emma, sat just a foot from Chloe, who was next to Ms. Payton, sitting
on the ground with us and Mrs. B sat next to her.
Mrs. Hans sat on the other side of the room with the other kids, there
was about 30 of us in the room in the small 8 feet across both ways room.
Silence and panting filled the room, everyone's face with fear.
My pulse raced my breathing, this was the first weather lock down in a decade.
I could clearly tell even the 3 teachers with us were scared too.
We sat silently for around 10 minutes letting everything set in and
process in our heads.
Until Ms. Payton broke the silence asking us if what we wanted to do.
" Ummmm " All of us looked at each other as if Ms. P was crazy asking
us if we wanted to play a game up against walls, scared, at a time
like this?
" How about... Uh... Oh... Where... Did ah ur name come from? " she
shrugged awkwardly, knowing it wasn't the best game, but maybe it'd
calm all of our nerves.
" Oo I know where my name came from! " Mrs, Hans called out as if she
was a little kid wanting to get called on.
" Ok where did it come from? " Ms.Payton asked as if she was interested.
" Well my first name is Jen, so " she continued to tell us a 7 minute story, but all of us knew she was making it up to distract us.
Soon even Mrs. Hans became bored with her own story, and just stopped.
We all clapped even if we didn't care.
It did kinda get our minds off of the fact we could be in danger.
I watched Mrs. Payton look at her watch, it must have been at least 20 minutes.
" Guys we've been in here about a half hour we'll be out soon it's all alright " a half hour! Whoa I thought that was way more than it felt like.
I felt a little sick to my stomach, with all this nervousness making me wanna vomit.
Kia's hand was still holding onto mine, I looked over at all my friends, their faces filled with nervousness like mine.
" Do u think we'll be alright? " I overheard Emma asking Ms. Payton.
" I'm positive " she smiled and hugged Emma.
I felt better knowing Ms. P was here for us, and Mrs. Hans, and of course Mrs. B was in the room with us too.
The room became busy for awhile letting people talk and move a little even if it wasn't safe to go out yet, we didn't even know what was
going on.
Mrs. Hans talked with my group of friends letting us laugh.
While other groups talked around us, I looked over noticing, Ms. Payton and Mrs. B talking in the corner.
I whispered to Kia, " I think something's up with Mrs, B and Ms. Payton " I repeated it louder to my group.
Megan nodded, along with Kendra who laughed like usual.
" Common lets not get all nervous again " Jane shook her head with Chloe in agreement
" But guys I agree with Ella , they both look so nervous as they're
talking " Kia said.
" Something is up " Hailey walked toward me.
" The sky is up now common relax " Chloe stuttered.
" I'm going to listen " Kendra said as she walked over there, even if she looked back at us making signals to now do it.
We watched as Kendra pulled out her phone, silently recording them for
about a minute, then she walked back to us.
" Let's see it " We all said, even if we knew it was wrong.
Kendra pushed play and we watched.
" You know something's wrong, you just can't keep telling them it's ok
when it's not! " Mrs. B sounded panicked.
" But we can get through this- " Mrs. B cut Ms. Payton off " Did u ever think about what could happen? " Mrs. B stopped.
Ms. Payton was about to say something, but Mrs, B wasn't done she kept on going.
" What about hypothermia? Drowning? Or! Oh! Oh my god if one of us
went into labor " Mrs. B freaked.
" You gotta calm yourself " Ms. Payton tried to relax Mrs. B
" We both know that we couldn't go into labor with the babies because
I'm only 8 and months and your 7 and a half " Ms. Payton continued.
" But... Sometimes they say that a bad situation can cause labor up to only 7 months in! " Mrs. B cried.
" I know we don't know much about the labor because it's the first
child for both of us but what I do know is that it will be alright and same with the new situation of the weather we don't know much about it but I know we can get through it" Then they hugged as Kendra stopped taping.