Status: Thank you so much for reading! I'll update as often as I can.

I Wish I Couldn't Feel a Damn Thing.

Chapter Two.

"Sky!" someone from behind me shouts. I turn around and see a towering man quickly shuffling towards me. It takes me a moment to realize who it is. Young, baby-faced Sam has grown up to be strikingly handsome since I've last saw him. I most likely would not have recognized him if it weren't for his wide smile and signature chestnut locks. I smile as he pulls me into a tight hug.

"It's so good to see you, Sam," I say warmly. He lets go of me and takes a step back, his smile widening.

"It's good to see you too, Sky," he exclaims happily. "Oh yeah, you remember my brother Dean, right?"

Sam steps slightly to the left, revealing the shorter of the Winchester's. Dean gives me a slight smile before waving abruptly.
I take a deep breath and glance at the floor nervously. "Of course. Hey Dean," I stammer.

He nods slightly, and gruffly states, "Good to see you, you look great." He smirks slightly. "If you'll excuse me, I think I'll go get some pie. Do either of you want anything?" He asks.

We both ask for coffee, and Dean heads up to the counter to order. Sam sits down at the table nearest to us, and I join him, sitting in the chair diagonal from him.

Sam smiles widely at me. "So how have things been recently?"

I shrug slightly, glancing towards Dean out of the corner of my eye. "Alright. The usual, just working and everything," I reply distantly, my attention focused on the older Winchester.

Sam chuckles and runs his fingers through his hair. "I see you're just as captivated by Dean as you were seven years ago."

My face heats up. Stuttering, I reply, "W-what? No way. What do you mean, 'captivated'?"
Sam chuckles again, giving me a 'like you don't know' look.

"It's so obvious. You've got a thing for my older brother," he teases.

I shake my head quickly. "No, I think you're mistaken, Sam."

"Mistaken about what?" a deep voice interjects. I glance up and notice that Dean has taken a seat directly across from me. "Here's your coffee." He slides the mug carefully across the table so it rests in front of my hands. I feel my face heat up again, and I look down at the ground.

"Oh, nothing important. Just catching up," I said nonchalantly.

I wrap my hands around the warm ceramic and lift the cup to my mouth, my lips barely touching the rim. I take a small sip, being careful not to burn my tongue or spill any of it. Today would be the worst possible day for me to be clumsy, but when am I not? As I sit the cup back on the table, Sam clears his throat.

"So, what have you been up to recently, Sky?" he questions.

"Not much. I've been working nonstop like always. Oh, and I moved. Across town," I mumble. I twirl a strand of hair around my fingertip. Has anything else important happened since the boys were in town? Honestly, I don't think so. That was the first good thing that had happened in awhile, and seeing them today has pretty much been the only good thing to happen since then. "What have you guys been up to? I'm sure you've been pretty busy."

Sam sighs, "Yeah, busy doesn't begin to cover it. I love our job, but it's definitely nice to take some time for ourselves. I'm really glad we get to spend it here." He grins at me, his hazel eyes lighting up.

Dean clears his throat slightly before adding, "I agree with Sammy, I like this city. The pie's good, and there's some damn great people here." He glances at me, a crooked smirk on his face. He lets his eyes stay locked on mine for a moment before directing his attention to the plate of pie in front of him.

"Yeah, the pie's fantastic," I reply quickly, my heartbeat quickening. Was he referring to me? Or am I just being extremely hopeful?

Sam chuckles under his breath. "Anyways," he spoke, "Are you with anyone special? Or possibly have your eye on someone?" He smirks, looking at me expectantly. Oh, that little shit.

I awkwardly shift in my chair, my face heating up. "Uh no, actually," I mumble out awkwardly. I was lying, and Sam clearly knew it. His eyes darted from me to his brother, and he seemed set on getting me to admit that I liked Dean.

---
*Thirty minutes later*

"It was really nice seeing you," Sam beams. He wraps his arms around me, his embrace loving and kind. We stay that way for a moment before I gently pull away.

"Yeah, it was really nice seeing you guys too." Smiling widely, I ask, "Do you guys need a place to stay? I don't want you having to pay for a motel room or anything, and I have plenty of room at my place."

Dean opens his mouth to reply, but Sam speaks up before Dean has a chance to. "Actually, that'd be great," Sam replied, smiling. "As long as it's no trouble, and we can give you some money."

"Oh, no, it's perfectly okay," I grin. "It's pretty simple to get there, just follow my car? Or do you guys need to stop somewhere before?"

Sam shakes his head. "We'll follow you."

We walk outside, Sam and Dean following me to the parking lot. Dean's kickass 1967 Chevy Impala is parked in the space next to my car, a black Mercedes CLS Coupé.

Dean chuckles. "Typical," he murmurs before smirking.

"I heard that," I glare, climbing into the driver's seat. The boys get in the Impala, and I turn my car on, Metallica's Enter Sandman blaring from the speakers. I grin, glancing at the boys. Dean's jaw is dropped, Sam's laugh ringing through the air.

"See ya at my place," I chime.​​