Status: Thank you so much for reading! I'll update as often as I can.

I Wish I Couldn't Feel a Damn Thing.

Chapter Three.

"So, this is my own little piece of the world. It's nothing too special but um, make yourselves at home. Mi casa es su casa," I say awkwardly, setting my phone and keys on the glass coffee table in the living room.

"Nice place you got," Dean states.

"Thanks," I mumble, walking into the kitchen. "Do you guys want anything to drink? I don't really have much, just Coke and alcohol. Tap water too, if you prefer that." Probably should've went to the store earlier, dammit.

I hear footsteps behind me and turn my head. Dean's leaned up against the counter, staring at me, and Sam's standing awkwardly next to him.

"Coke's fine," Sam says happily. I hand him a Coke from the fridge, and look at Dean expectantly. He stands there silently, his gaze still fixed on me. Sam elbows him. "Dean," he says under his breath.

"Oh," Dean says, startled. "Sorry, I got.. uh, distracted. I'll take whatever alcohol you have."

I hand him a beer, grabbing one for myself as well and popping the cap off. That's something he and I have always had in common; a liking for all things alcoholic.

We stand in silence for a moment before I speak up. "Um, there's two free rooms upstairs. One by the staircase and one by my room. The one next to the staircase has a bathroom, but the room next to mine doesn't, so whoever takes that one can use my bathroom," I say, staring at the floor.

"I can take the one by the stairs," Sam replies. He hesitates slightly before adding, "Oh, and by the way, you don't have to be so shy around us, Sky. We don't bite, I promise." He chuckles, grinning. "But uhm, I'm gonna go get our stuff." He glances at Dean and then back at me, then leaves the room.

"Can you show me the room upstairs?" Dean asks, walking towards me. I nod, walking towards the staircase. I quickly walk up the steps, very aware of Dean behind me. It feels like my heart might just jump out of my chest. We walk down the hallway and enter the first door on the right.

"It's not much, but uh yeah. My room is the next one over, just come in or whatever if you need the bathroom or anything," I stutter out, twirling a strand of hair nervously.

Dean smirks. "Thanks," he says, sauntering towards me. "You know you don't have to be so nervous around me."

I hoped he hadn't noticed, but of course he did. It's kinda hard not to. "Oh um, I know. I'm not nervous," I lie, staring at the floor. He lightly places his fingertips under my chin and pulls my face up so he can look into my eyes.
I've always been taken aback by Dean's eyes. Candy apple green, with warm gold flecks surrounding his pupil. I could look into them all day if I had the chance.

He smirks, before dropping his hand and replying, "Okay, okay. I believe you. But for not being nervous, you sure do blush a lot."

My cheeks heat up again. "Son of a bitch," I mutter. "Fine, you make me nervous, okay? Not Sam, but uh." My sentence trails off and I stare at the ground again, embarrassed.

"Huh. Well, I promise you there's nothing to be afraid of. Well, there's lots to be afraid of, but you get my drift. I'm not some monster," he says, sounding confused. He hesitates before adding, "At least not one you should be afraid of."

What does he mean? I don't understand. He's the furthest thing from a monster I can think of. I don't know, it's probably not important. It's silent for a moment, the loud pounding of my heartbeat filling my ears.

I speak up. "I, uh, should probably check if Sam needs help or anything." I leave the room, silently hating myself for stuttering.

Once I'm downstairs, I go outside and walk towards the Impala, where Sam is sitting on the closed trunk with a beer in hand.

"Uh hey," I say, smiling. Sam pats the spot next to him, gesturing for me to sit. I hop up next to him and take a long sip from my beer, contemplating whether or not to ask Sam about Dean's "not one you should be afraid of" comment. I decide against it, brushing it off. I'm sure it's nothing important.
I scoot closer to Sam, leaning against his tall lean body. He slides his arm around me, pulling me closer so my head rests against his upper chest.

His body vibrates slightly as he chuckles. "Just like old times," he beams.

"Yeah, I missed this," I sigh. I pause, then say, "Hey um, can I ask you something?" I bite my lip nervously, listening to the sound of Sam's heartbeat.

"Of course," he says, before taking a sip of his beer.

I hesitate for a moment, thinking over what I'm going to say. "Um, is it really that noticeable that I'm nervous around you guys? I feel like I'm annoying you and Dean," I say softly.

He laughs. "No, you're not annoying us whatsoever, trust me. You're not nervous around me, it's when Dean's around. Then is when you blush and stutter and make it totally obvious that you like him," he replies, chuckling at the end. I sit up abruptly, looking at him. I think for a second, considering my options.

Lie.

"I do not like Dean! I don't know why you even think that," I stammer.

Sam chuckles again and takes another sip of his beer. "I'm not an idiot, Sky. It's so obvious! You don't have to lie."

Shit. Lie to him again.

"I'm not lying though, I don't like Dean," I insist. Sam rolls his eyes dramatically and stands up, grabbing his and Dean's stuff.

"Right. I guess we'll just have to see," Sam replies, grinning mischievously. Next thing I know he's running towards the house.
Oh shit.

I run after him, muttering a string of curses under my breath.