You Had Me at "I Hate You"

05

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

"Shit," Jesse muttered, wincing.
"You didn't tell her that we were sharing a room, did you?" Lincoln asked.
"I was getting around to it..."

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

"Great, Jesse! Just great! I don't want to live with that raving mass of estrogen!"

I flung the door open, my scream dying to a sort of uneven breathing.

"Please tell me that there are two beds in this room because Lincoln is too fat for only one! Please!"

Jesse bit back a smile and shrugged. "There are only two bedrooms, and Lincoln's was the biggest."
I groaned in agony. Why? Why do these things happen to me?

"Hey! Quit whining!" Lincoln called from the kitchen, where he was making more toast.

"Please... Please can't we move the second bed into your room?" I asked Jesse, widening my eyes into that "do-whatever-I-want-because-I'm-cute" look.

He shook his head. "I can't. My room is literally the size of a closet. I'd let you have it, but I get up at six every day for classes, and I can't wake Linc up as I get ready, or he'll be grumpy for the rest of the day."
I glared at him.
"Okay... Grumpier than usual," he complied.

"I heard that!"

"So now I'm being punished because Lincoln needs beauty sleep?"

Lincoln, who's mouth was now fit to burst with his newly made toast, replied with, "Whump uff my shtuff! I cam buh buh!"

Witty.

He took a giant swallow, and drained it with some milk straight from the carton.

I shot a pleading look at Jesse.

"Look, I'm really sorry." he said, shrugging. "You could try searching around for another room, but it is the middle of the semester. All the apartments around here are owned by students, and I'm willing to bet that they're all full. Plus, we really need your money for the rent."

Linc belched loudly. "Yeah, and you can help clean up my room."

I scowled at him.

"Fine!" I bellowed. "I'll stay in the same room as you... But if you touch any of my stuff, you will wake up in a very hot place."
He raised a confused eyebrow.
"Hell!" I shouted, giving him the answer.
He chuckled.

I spun on my heel and strode over towards my new room, preparing for a long day of cleaning - just so that I could make my way over to my own bed.

I turned around at the doorway.

"Hey, moron!"
Lincoln turned around, scowling.
"You've got jelly all over your face!"

He reached up to wipe off the remnants of his toast.

SLAM!

I closed the door with all my power.

Oh God. What have I gotten myself into?