Status: Active

Which Way Is Up When Your High Is Low?

King of the Martinis

"I'm taking you somewhere fun tonight, Pikachu!" Tulip smiled coyly, her bright pink lipstick curling into her familiar Grinch smirk. She pinched my cheek when I just stared questioningly towards her.

"Come on. We both need some time to loosen up after the month we've had." Tully took my wrist and guided me to her apartment to get ready.


"No." I frowned at the neon sign of two entwined men cheering with a glass of undoubtedly alcohol.

Sweet Docks

"I thought you'd refuse." Tully relieved her high-pitched voice in turn of her naturally deeper tone. That only meant I wasn't going home with her tonight.

"It is literally one letter away from dicks. This isn't a...healthy place..." I argued feebly.

"Oh no, Pikachu, the boys here are just well-versed in docking!" The drag-queen attempted to lighten the reality.

"You're gross..." I muttered to myself.

Tully threw her long neck back and laughed, "I also have free drinks for a year!"

I didn't want to ask.

"Come on, Jess, I'll get you something sweet."

***


"Richtor, hook up this cute little mouse with a Blueberry-lemon Fizz?" Tully smiled sweetly at the man behind the counter, who winked back in response. I pursed my lips. There was a part of me that was still disgusted by public flirting, but another part of me knew shame wasn't a factor here.

As Richtor mixed my drink, Tulip leaned down near my ear and whispered, "I'm gonna go see about an old friend, order anything you like. It's on me!"

The next moment, she was disappearing through the crowd and I was left staring like a lost child at all the strange men. There was an off scent of weed in the air and glow sticks were abound. There was a small basket full of neon circles beside me on the corner of the bar.

Richtor plucked one from its perch and put it around the glass, where it sat at the base as a bright pink decoration as he set it in front of me. I teased the small straw for a moment as a guise so I didn't look weird sniffing the alcohol. It wasn't that I didn't trust bars, it was just that I didn't trust bars Tulip took me to.

It smelled like blueberries and lemons and had the head-spinning scent of vodka. I knew such wasn't the case since it was bubbly, but it was definitely a strongly mixed drink.

"It's Tully's favorite. She locks in all the guys with that one." Richtor commented regarding my hesitation.

"Great..." I frowned again, but sucked it up and took a sip.

***


I was king of the martinis! The empty glasses stood around me like a party of soldiers with their pretty umbrellas and glowing hula hoops. I fought Richtor to let me keep them near me. He eventually stopped caring and mumbled something about "the people Tully bring in."

I giggled happily as Richtor put another glass in front of me with clear liquid. I assumed it to be vodka, but I must have been too drunk to smell it. It never occurred to me that it was water.

"Well, hello there, Goldilocks." An undisguised male voice caught my attention. It wasn't Tulip.

I turned to regard the tall, dark man as he leaned against the bar beside me. He was dressed in black and silver studs; his raven hair was long and wild. He donned a crooked smile that could've made the sun melt.

"Hi." I said bluntly.

"Hey," He grinned wider and took it as an invitation to sit, "I'm Jake."

"Jesse." I told him my name as I wobbled around on my seat to face him.

"Hey, Jesse. I have a favor to ask you." Jake seemed to want it to sound serious, but there was a laughter in his eyes that didn't fool me.

"Like?" I was too plastered to remember stranger danger.

This made the man smirk again, "Listen. I'm in this band, right? I, uh, play guitar, yeah? And my friends and I are just looking for some fun tonight. You know? It's been a long few months..."

I blinked.

"How about you come with me to the back and meet a buddy of mine?"

My glass army couldn't save me when I complied.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi. How ya doin'? Good? I hope so. That's good. Good things are good. Bai. :D