Status: New series

Cosmic Property.

Prologue

Moonfrost woke with a start. She couldn't see anything through the thick darkness but she could hear loud voices. They weren't very close, most likely on the other side of the town. But they were angry.

The voices were screaming and shouting and there was the sound of crackling fire. Moonfrost's inner magic reacted to the smell of pain and death to come. She peeked out the top of the overturned box she was sleeping in. She had to lay her ears flat against her head so that they weren't seen before she could take a look.

The overturned box had served her well but now at the age of 5 she was outgrowing the small box. She often had to change forms so that she could stretch out and be comfortable. She would have to abandon it soon. She knew this but didn't want to think about it. It had been her refuge when she ran away from the royal army far to many times.

Moonfrost pushed the sad thought away from her mind and peered around the edge of the lid of the box. What she saw terrified her.

Men that had scorched clothes and torches in hand were burning the nearest houses and setting the clothes of screaming passerby's on fire. One of them rolled near Moonfrost's box screaming and writhing in pain. Moonfrost quickly put out the fire by frosting the clothes of the young women.

The women sat upright, thanked the Talismans, then ran away as silently as she could which, to Moonfrost, was entirely too loud to be considered sneaky. But in the rage of it all only a trained warrior could dash away as silent as the wind. Not that they were supposed to.

Moonfrost continued to frost people and houses. The men would try to light an already frosted house and they would find it impossible.

Moonfrost smiled at her handy work as she continued about her business of frosting and that was most likely why she never heard the man that came up from behind and dumped her out of her box.

She landed in a practiced crouch and hissed violently at the smirking man. He didn't listen though and grabbed her around the stomach and hoisted her over his shoulder. She hissed and clawed at his back but he didn't let go. He cursed instead and squeezed her as if trying to squeeze the breath out of her.

Her tail flicked back and forth as she tried to find his neck so she could choke him. She couldn't find it though and the man tried to throw her off his back to show her to his friends.

It didn't work though. Moonfrost had her claws firmly dug into his his back. She had dug them into the sensitive muscles under his shoulder blades and he growled some profanity in her ear. She hissed and dug her small fangs into his shoulder. He howled as she dragged her back feet claws along his chest and stomach.

His grip loosened and she sprung away running quickly into the darkness surrounding the half on fire, half frosted town.

As Moonfrost got closer and closer to the army training grounds she felt herself being picked up and thrown over a shoulder. She hissed and flew into attack mode. "Stop that!" bellowed a familiar voice. "Jameson?" She asked confusedly.

"Yes." sighed the gruff voice. "What are you doing here?" asked Moonfrost. "I should ask you the same thing!" He yelled. Moonfrost flinched. Her hearing was much better than his so he didn't realize that shouting into her ears wasn't helpful although, this could have been planned as punishment. "saving the town!" She said defiantly. "Oh? Well good at least you did something helpful... come on we're going back to the military camp."

Moonfrost sighed and slumped against his broad shoulder. "Fine." she said in a resigned tone. Wondering what boring assignments awaited her.
♠ ♠ ♠
New series Yay!