Status: New series

Cosmic Property.

Chapter 5

Moonfrost felt like she was drifting. Drifting through a mass of black that moved and shifted like an oil river. Except that she didn't have to hold her breath, instead her breathing was slow and even. "as if" she thought "as if i am-"

But the sentence only reverberated through her head as she rose out of the oily river in a swift jolt of soft light and stinging pain. She flinched, her neck stinging dully.

"Don't move!" said a soft and faintly familiar voice. Moonfrost opened her eyes groggily, anxious to see the owner of the voice. She smiled when she saw him because she recognized him instantly from her childhood memories.

He had a sweep of midnight blue hair and and purple eyes that both looked like they had a coating of fine silver dust... like stardust. He had sharp facial features and skinny shoulders. Actually, he was skinny. Moonfrost remembered that he had been skinny and much too tall for comfort. He towered over everyone he met.

"Hello Joker." she said giving a sleepy little smile. He didn't smile at her though, he was much to focused on her neck. "Hello Moonfrost, nice to see you again, although, maybe not in this condition..." Moonfrost sighed and flicked her ear.

"Ah well I suppose you'll patch me up like always... right?" The Joker pulled away with a bloody rag in one hand and a pair of small silver scissors in the other that reminded her of a doctors. He smiled at her showing off a set of pearly white teeth. "Of course I will little bit, and maybe even spruce you up at the same time.... Would you like that? Oh it doesn't matter it's going to happen anyways and that's that little bit!"

Moonfrost laughed and tried to shift her head's position on her pillow so that she could look up at him. "Don't move! I'm almost done with this and you can't go ruining my masterpiece." Moonfrost blinked "What are you using the scissors for?" He went back to work on her neck, padding and cutting at something. "Your skin is more than half burned away little bit. I have to cut it away so that your new skin can grow properly. Although now it looks more like a gash but it'll heal quickly don't you worry little bit."

Moonfrost sighed "You keep calling me little bit... It's nice..." The Joker laughed at this, pausing in his skin cutting and gash cleaning.

"I think it's better when your sleeping Moonfrost." mumbled the Joker "your still adorable but your quiet which means i have to be quiet too and I have to keep my thoughts to myself when I'm quiet." Moonfrost snorted.

"What?" He asked still focused on her neck. "You could never keep your thoughts to yourself." she growled happily "I bet you were talking to me while I slept weren't you?" he looked thoughtful for a moment than replied "Nope, nope nothing like that happened but i did just finish with your neck." He said sitting and back putting the rag and scissors aside. Moonfrost sat up abruptly.

The Joker sighed "If your going to get up than i guess i better start a bath for you so you don't look so.... Dirty." Moonfrost blinked than slowly lied back down. "Okay than i'll wait..." the Joker got up and strode off to a room she assumed was the bathing room, picking up a pile of clothes on his way there.

Moonfrost sat up after he disappeared into the bathing room. She looked around the room since she hadn't been able to before.

The room had soft light filtering through it from a green tinted window. The rest of the room was a livid shade of midnight blue and the furniture in it was made of mahogany. Moonfrost didn't like it.

The last time she had had a proper room had been back at the military training institute, and she had painted the walls a lovely shade of dark blue and swept and splattered the walls with a wonderful shimmering silver. She had always had the large window that spanned one wall open so that light poured in and she had an easy way to get out and go exploring. Also she had found that when she brought in flowers from outside and planted them, they worked as seeds and those lovely blossoming flowers had filled her room to the brim. They had flowed out of her window and grown up her walls with the makeshift trellises she had given them and they had covered every surface except for her bed and floor.

She missed those flowers. She hadn't even realized that. She looked glumly around the dark room and sighed. "Whats taking Joker so long anyways?" she asked herself tearing at the black sheets with a clawed hand.

"Hey now." said an exasperated voice from across the room. Moonfrost tilted her head and looked at the Joker. "Whats so bad about it little bit?" he asked knowing that she was being moody about the room as that was the only thing she would care about in this situation. She sighed "I've spent a good portion of my life in a dull, lifeless, dark place and here is only slightly better.

The Joker sighed and scratched the back of his head "That's what you get for bunking with a guy named the Red Reaper." She looked at him questioningly, raising her eyebrows and tilting her head down slightly. "No little bit." he said, saying it the way you would discourage a small child from interfering in someone's business. He moved towards her. "I'm afraid that you can't live with me in these circumstances." The Joker reached her bedside and picked her up from her place there.

"Now." he said, completely throwing the previous conversation in the garbage. "Be mindful of your neck and wrists but be quite thorough as I am positive you have more than one layer of muck on you."

Moonfrost rolled her eyes and found herself plopped on her feet in front of the bathing room. She opened the door and steam rolled out in big puffs.

She couldn't help herself and with an excited squeak she scampered into the bathing room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so today school got canceled due to some snow and it's been a super fun day! Oh and Yay chapter 5!