This Year

Kiss you

January 2nd, 2013
Camille blows out a deep sigh, causing the strands of hair that were covering her sight to blow up slightly. “Do we really have to clean today?” She mumbles to her flatmate who’s happily humming away to the song on the radio.

Camille is usually the happy one during the mornings but due to the lack of sleep she’s gotten over the past couple of weeks her happy moods have faded and turned Camille into a cranky girl to deal with. “Hangover still?” Adriana chimes, adding a quick giddy giggle at the end nearly causing Camille to cringe. “That’s why I don’t drink.”

“I’m not, Ade, I’m just tired. I got two hours of sleep… “ Camille states as she throws her head forward to get a hold of all of her hair. “And that brings my average of sleep I’ve gotten in the last month down to two and a half hours instead of three.” She continues as she tugs all of the long strands into a messy bun.

“Have you tried some sleeping pills?” Adriana asks, quickly tearing her gaze away from the omelette in her pan to look at her friend. Camille’s face has lost its colour, large bags appear clearly under her eyes and they even started to show a shade of purple in the inner-corner of her eyes. “Oh… you look bad, Camille.” Adriana states then throws an apologetic smile in her friend’s way.

Camille chuckles lightly, causing the bun on the top of her head to dance around a bit. “I’m not taking any medication… I get addicted far too easily and they don’t help anyway… they put you in a sort of state where you’re knocked out but not really asleep. You won’t feel rested in the morning.” Camille explains while grabbing some Greek yoghurt from the fridge.

After adding some blueberries to her bowl of yoghurt, Camille decides to enjoy her breakfast in front of the television. She smiles to herself, staring at the steam coming from her hot cup of tea. “Have you tried camomile tea…” Adriana offers as she takes a seat next to Camille.

“Yes… even tried reading… and Ade, that is lunch.” Camille points out, pulling up her nose to the smell of eggs and bacon radiating from the plate. “What are those weird chunks in it?” Camille continues, leaning closer to Adriana’s plate that she then quickly pulls away.

“Those are… potatoes, peppers and… mushrooms!” Adriana giggles, pushing them all onto her fork and then straight into her mouth. A satisfied smile spreads across her face a she chews away on the food in her mouth. “Let’s make a deal… you go and get me coffee… and I’ll do all the cleaning today?” Adriana’s offer sparks an immediate interest in Camille.

°°°


Camille wraps her hand around the large metal door handle and just as she looks down to turn off the music that was currently playing on her iPod her whole body is bolted into the coffee shop. She stumbles a bit but manages to restrain herself from falling. “I’m so sorry! I didn’t see you!” A dark haired man exclaims, holding his hands up in an apologetic manner. Most of his hair is covered with a dark beanie, leaving only a quiff sticking out.

“That’s alright.” Camille mumbles, before quickly taking her place in the back of the line. There always seem to be an awful lot of people wanting to drink coffee, at any given hour during the day. That’s the main reason why Camille usually avoids this place. Second reason would be that her ex whom she’s still hopelessly trying to avoid works here.

Camille quickly scans around the shop, searching for any sign – or rather, no sign – of her ex-boyfriend. An amused smile appears on the young brunette’s face when she doesn’t see him around anywhere and it lightens up even more when she notices it’s her time to order.

“Goodmorning…” She smiles at the barista, taking a quick look at the board with specials hanging behind the girl. “I’d like a Ho-ho-hot chocolate and a macchiato caramel, please.”

The blonde girl behind the counter quickly enters her order in the cash register. “To go?” Camille nods quickly, giving her a polite smile. “What’s your name, please?”

“Sara…” Camille quickly blurts out, not wanting to have to spell her name out again. “With an ‘h’?” The girl asks causing a light chuckle to escape Camille’s mouth. “Yeah… sure… with an ‘h’.” Camille laughs as she pulls out her wallet, laying ten pounds on the counter.

As Camille is waiting for another barista to call her name, signalling that her order is ready, her phone starts ringing in her bag. She quickly pulls it out, furrowing her brow at the unknown number. “Hello?” She questions, already getting anxious from the unplanned phone call.

“Hello, am I speaking with Camille.” A sigh of relief escapes Camille when she recognizes the voice ringing through the phone. It belongs to her boss Elizabeth.

“Yes, this is she.” Camille replies, she then hears her name being called to which she quickly holds out her ticket, which is then replaced with two cups.

“I know this is late notice but I was wondering if you could come in to work tonight? It’s for a project we had finished in November but with editing we noticed a couple of shots have to be re-done. Do you mind?” Elizabeth asks in a pleading voice to which Camille can’t possibly say ‘no’. Well, that voice and the fact that Elizabeth has to give her grades for this internship.

“Oh, no! Not a problem. What time do I have to be at the studio?” Camille asks, trying to hold the two cups in her one hand.

“I’ll send you an e-mail with everything you need to know. In the e-mail there will be a document included that you will need to bring to the set tonight with your signature on it. It’s just a formality where you promise not to leak anything you see tonight.”

The way Elizabeth talked about the shoot they have to do tonight really sparked some interest in Camille. She’s very nosy, especially when people start hinting but never really tell.

°°°


After hurrying her way to the apartment and handing Adriana her coffee, Camille quickly picks up her laptop to figure out what this mystery is all about. “I have work tonight.” Camille says before taking a big gulp of her hot chocolate.

She opens up her inbox and is immediately met with a bunch of spam but at the top of the list an e-mail from Elizabeth.

Hello,

Thank you for doing this so short notice.

You have to be at our studio by 19:30. The contract you need to sign is enclosed.


Camille nervously clicks on the file, waiting for it to open up, and when it finally does her mouth nearly drops onto her laptop. Her open mouth is quickly replaced with a large smile and an awkward laughing sound escaping her.

ONE DIRECTION – KISS YOU MUSIC VIDEO
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all so much for reading, subscribing and definitely for all of the recommendations!
As a way to thank you for showing me that you like my writing, I decided to write another chapter so here it is!

Also a very special thank you to Sam and Teddi for taking the time out of their day to leave me a comment!

Keep 'em coming!