This Year

English breakfast

By the time the number 3 shows up on the clock, Camille is already wishing she hadn’t declined Zayn’s offer to go have a drink with him and the guys. A part of her feels like he was just being polite and she tries to make up for her sleepless frustration by telling herself she would’ve felt awkward in the pub anyway – but it doesn’t change the fact that Camille is now sleepless in her flat, lying wide awake while she could’ve had a great night with a couple of fun lads.

Camille quickly picked up her MacBook before rapidly opening up her Safari. She logs onto her Facebook and scrolls down her newsfeed quickly, trying to find something interesting but of course there isn’t.

She then quickly heads to Buzzfeed to read through some of their random articles that seem to bore her as fast as Facebook did. “What the fuck is this…” She mumbles to herself as she sits up in her bed.

A frustrated sigh escapes Camille’s lips as she lets her body fall back, somewhere in between sitting up and falling back down Camille seems to have moved around a bit causing her head to slam against the headboard. “Fuck!” Camille laughs, yawning loudly before kicking her sheets around. “Sleep… I didn’t mean to cheat on you with energy? Come back to me!” Camille mumbles after which she erupts in a fit of giggles.

I have officially lost my mind… She thinks, before sighing loudly.

°°°


“Good morning!” Camille giggles before jumping onto the barstool at the kitchen table. “How did you sleep?” Adriana who’s already baking pancakes for the two of them, it’s her Thursday ritual because neither of them have classes on Thursday.

Adriana laughs with a raised eyebrow, eyeing Camille up and down suspiciously. “What’s got you this happy, pet?’ She asks with a wide smile before flipping her pancake around in the pan.

“The lack of sleep, I guess.” Camille shrugs, tearing a piece off one of the pancakes that’s sitting on a plate in front of her. Adriana quickly slaps Camille hands away and then moves the plate away from Camille.

“No! Breakfast isn’t ready yet… why don’t you make the fruit salad, then we can get started in about five minutes.” Camille opens up the fridge then grabs the blueberries, raspberries and strawberries.

Adriana reaches for a bowl in the cupboard that she then puts next to the sink for Camille who’s already putting the fruit under a stream of water. “I’m so hungry…” Camille whines, eyeing the pancakes that are sitting next to the fruit.

A smile reaches Camille’s lips when Adriana finally sets a plate full of pancakes on the table in front of her. “I can’t wait!” Camille exclaims excitedly before throwing another blueberry in her mouth.

“So how was your shoot last night?” Adriana asks while throwing some sugar over her pancake. “One Direction boys’ personalities as nice as their looks?” She continues as she rolls up her pancake.

Camille is fully concentrated on the pancake in front of her. She’s already put a nice bottom layer of fruit in, she then added some maple syrup to top it off with a small hint of chocolate sauce. A content smile takes over her face when she cuts off the first piece and shoves it into her mouth. “Mm, heaven!” She sighs, her mouth barely closing due to the large amount of food that’s currently in it.

“You’re such a lady.” Adriana comments before carefully holding her pancake in her hands, both pinkies up in the air as she takes a small bite. “Remember… chew like you’ve got a secret.” She says, causing a laugh to erupt from the both of them as they remember the scene in She’s The Man.

“Boys are… really nice!” Camille eventually answers in between swallowing her food. After that the subject is quickly changed to how they’ll each spend their day and all that.

Camille was determined to get some stuff done around the house today. She was going to clean up her closet, rearrange her CD’s (and most likely get more than nostalgic while doing so) and maybe even open up one of her study books.

Camille has a bad habit of always underestimating her courses, even though she knows she shouldn’t she always ends up putting it off until the last minute then stresses out far too much for her own good. This year she is determined to change things up and actually start on time and pass her classes.

“I’m heading out… enjoy your day in!” Adriana says, popping her head into Camille’s room that responds by giving her flatmate a quick wave.

°°°


Zayn groans loudly when the sunlight starts shining through the drapes. “Of course today it’d be fucking sunny in fucking London…” He mumbles, burying his face into his pillow before yawning widely.

To say he has a hangover would be the understatement of the year, keeping in mind that it’s only started three days ago. “Morning.” Zayn carefully lifts up his pillow in attempt to get a glance of whoever’s standing in his doorway. He recognizes the voice as one of this band mates but it still too caught up in his sleepy-state to actually know whom it is.

“Hi…” He eventually mumbles as he comes into a sitting position, Zayn rubs his hand palm over his eyes before giving Harry a questioning look. “You want some breakfast?” He then asks his curly headed friend who nods in response.

“What do you have?” Harry asks as Zayn slips from under his covers. Zayn quickly grabs a hoodie to cover up his bear chest in this winter cold. “I need to get the heat on…” Zayn mumbles, more to himself than Harry. “I don’t know, let’s go search for some food.”

The two boys decided that the ideal way to cope with their hangovers was to make a good ol’ English breakfast for them. Sausages, beans, eggs and toast. The two boys smiles widely when the scent of their breakfast reached their noses, they quickly held their glasses together calling ‘cheers’ before diving in.

“Would’ve been a good laugh if the girl had come with us yesterday though…” Harry laughs as he shoves some toast into his mouth. Zayn nods quickly as she swallows his food.

“I asked her but she wanted to get home or something. Guess working with us is a bit stressful?” Zayn laughs innocently, knowing all too well how exhausting it is to be around the five of them. Even Zayn himself gets exhausted from time to time. They’re five rowdy boys that will always get their job done but not without making a good laugh out of it.

“Oh, you actually got to ask her? She sort of disappeared on us.” Harry shrugs, stabbing his fork into the sausage on his plate. “Yeah, had a smoke with her outside. Figured I’d ask her then.” Zayn says, earning a smile from Harry whose quickly downing his glass of orange juice. “Ah… she’s a smoker. Well, to put it nicely… although her tongue most likely tastes like an ashtray, I’d fancy a snog.” Harry says, causing Zayn to laugh loudly and roll his eyes at his friend.

“Fancy a snog…” Zayn chuckles, looking up at his friend. “She smokes menthol’s though… it’d leave a nice minty, stingy feel on your tongue.”

“Making out with a smoker isn’t any worse than making out with a drunk…” Zayn then defends after a couple of minutes of silence, earning a quick laugh from Harry. “But when you make out with a drunk, you’re most likely out of it as well… this is a weird discussion.” Harry says before laughing loudly.

The boys’ hangover quickly fades after breakfast – and just in time. The screeching sound of Zayn’s doorbell sounds through the living room. Harry being just on his way to the kitchen tells his friend he’ll get it causing a satisfied smile to appear on Zayn’s face.

A woman’s voice sounds through the hall, one Zayn will always recognize, his head immediately snaps up towards the door. The smile that was already plastered on his face spreads even wide when his girlfriend of seven months appears in the doorway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Once again thank you so much to Teddi and Erin. I would really like to hear from some of my other readers though?

I won't be updating every day from now on. I think this story now has a good start to it, enough to attract new readers and I really hope it does. I appreciate feedback, through recommendations and comments and even subscriptions.