Status: Here's Chapter one, enjoy!

Viva La Gloria I: World Tour

13. Doubts

I gasped and forced my legs to move as I chased the bus. It's speed increasing. They weren't going to stop even if they did see me. Which they didn't and I kept pushing up thr street anyways. I hadn't exactly prepared for this sort of work. Yes I'd run a lot to prep, but I didn't think I'd have to run all the way to Austen!
Th only sounds to my ears was the sound of the bus zooming up ahead of me and the thunderous sound Every time my feet smacked against the hard asphalt. Vibrating my bones, I continued to run, for once feeling shit out of hope on this trip.
I pushed my speed and pure human endurance to the limit. The gas station already gone disappeared behind me. This is exactly why I made that promise to myself almost an week ago to never leave the bus. Always be 100% about your surroundings before stepping off the lifeline.
The bus dropped down out of sight over the next hill: I forced my speed. I already knew where the damn arena was that they'd be playing, but I really, really dont want to have to run it. I came up short of breath. Chugging along like an car out of gas. My footfalls became heavy and I pulled to an stop. Dropping to my knees on an cracked highway in the middle of freaking nowhere. I dropped my head into my hands as I struggled to catch my breath. An heavy frustrated growl escaped my lips. I glared down at the asphalt. Somewhat wishing I were at home and that I hadn't come at all. For the first time since leaving home, I was questioning my decision and possibly regretting it.
I looked ahead. Blank nothingness of the Texan prairie. The only route to civilization was the road I was collapsed on now. I began to wonder if I shouldn't just go home. Wait an little while, buy an freaking ticket then come to Oakland and try to get their autograph again. I've had so many damn chances, I just never took them because I hadn't expected this turn of events. I thought it was just going to flow along so smoothly without an hitch.
Well now look where the hell it got me! I'm here... In Texas. And so damn close I can almost taste it. I looked up at the long stretch of road before me. Having harnessed my breath again, I stumbled to my feet and looked ahead triumphantly. Worst case scenario, having to call someone in Torrington to come pick me up so I can admit my failure. Ah well... That's not too bad I guess. I put my left foot forward then the right. And I began my trek to Austen. I'd better be there by five. Or I'll miss them forever.
Hopefully this won't take too long or too much energy.
I walked for about an hour before an busy city appeared below. I headed towards it with my always high, never ending, hope.
The city took even longer to traverse than the desert had... I need an quicker route or I'll be late. It's already 4:30. I walked another two blocks as multiple cars passed me on the street. Up ahead was an Maverick gas station. I silently prayed that I could find something there. I approached the station and saw an row of bikers parked along the sidewalk in front of thr door. I walked straight up to them and pointed at an sleek black bike. “How much do you want for that bike?” I asked, out of breath. He looked at me in confusion “It's not for sale.”
“Well can I rent it?” I pressed: bent over holding my knees for support.
He raised his eyebrows, looked at his biker friends then back to me “How much?”
“God people, you all act like I'm filthy freaking rich! I've got seventy five.” I leaned against an ice box on the curb.
His eyes narrowed “Deal.”
“Seriously?”
“Yeah go. I already know I won't get it back.”
“How do you figure?” I asked.
“Whenever someone borrows an vehicle in an movie, notice how it's never returned... I don't plan to see that piece of junk again. Have at it.”
I handed over the last of my money, took the keys, jabbed them in the ignition and turned toward the road waving as I rode off for the arena of tonights show. Maybe today wasn't too bad...
I road down the streets until the houses and buildings began to thin revealing an empty desert again. As I approached my destination I could hear the loud music and I pulled up on an sandy ledge high in front of the packed arena. I could see them down below... Parading around on the stage. Singing the lyrics to Boulevard of Broken Dreams. They had already mellowed out...
I hopped off the bike and made my way down the ridge. This place was literally in the middle of nowhere. I got down to the high fences inclosing the event. I walked around till I found an weak spot in the fence and wriggled under. Walking around the field of people singing and moshing in unison.
I walked absent mindedly. Aware of the looks I was getting from everyone else. I was drawn toward the music like an bug to a light. I followed it and before I knew it, I was tripping over people and getting cussed at as I shoved to the very front. Lingering right below the stage were Billie held his yellow Les Paul and sung. I look up in awe as this was the closest I've ever been to him with him being aware. I was I an total trance as I stood there dumbfounded. Until... He made the biggest fucking mistake of his life.
Meeting my eyes.