Status: Here's Chapter one, enjoy!

Viva La Gloria I: World Tour

24. Mass Hysteria

I was hell bound right now. I leaned over the railing practically oozing with excitement. The building was alive. Breathing with the energy of the music. Billie began American Idiot on his white Les Paul. The words I wish I could say right now weren't working for me. The best I could do right now is watch in awe. People were all looking around the massive room for me. Not really paying attention to the wonderful show in front of them. I growled looking down at them. They are so lucky to even be here. While so many people who actually wanted to be here for Green Day, not to see Billie Joe get kidnapped, are at home watching on tv with sober expressions. Billie tried enlightening the crowd but when that didn't work, he called an girl out of the crowd to play Guitar for him. He explained what to do to play Welcome to Paradise. Lucky her that she already knew how. She was seriously enjoying herself as she played and Billie ran around like an hooligan on stage. I laughed and watched him. Trying to lighten my own mood. I smiled and enjoyed it entirely. Until I looked back at the crowed. Everyone was on their phones or talking or not even looking at the stage. A couple people were exiting the building in boredom. I became angry with them that they would all just ditch an Green Day concert.
An handful of people left and Billie had given up on trying to sing the lyrics to Welcome to Paradise for the girl who played to fast. He was instructing the crowd around the stage to put away their phones but they stared up at him like morons.
I switched my sharp look between the crowd and Green Day. Does no one care anymore? Does no one love Green Day anymore?! The roots of punk music.
I glared down at everyone in the crowd. Stepping forward, the toe of my boot catching on the rope of an sandbag that hovered above the stage. It flew loose and smacked into the stage hard. Billie had stepped out of the way just in time to avoid being squished. He looked down in horror as he realized that shit just got real and the show had just began. The girl on the guitar looked up on the catwalk and screamed “There she is!”
I was airborne in a second leaping out an grabbing the rope the sandbag was still attached too, tied tightly on an iron bar across the rafters. I slid down it onto the floor. My boots landing loudly.
I scanned the stage. Billie looked pale and like he might just pass out. Like he had spent a lot of time before the show convincing himself I wouldn't come and be a no show. And now that I stood in proof before him... There was nothing left to say. The mic fell from his frozen hands and clattered on the floor with an high pitched squeal.
I locked eyes with him for a moment. Keeping myself under lock and key this time. I walked toward him and he jumped back. I bent and picked up the forgotten mic off the floor muttering “I'm not going to hurt you.” as I did. Straightening back up and holding the mic to my lips. Looking at the crowd before me. The camera crew off stage filming my whole triumphant thing.
I took an deep breath and made my annoyance known “You people...” I said in disgust. “Your all so lucky to even be here. To go to an Green Day concert while all the people who actually wanted to be here have to sit at home and watch their favorite band preform through an tv screen...” I explained. “And you all come down here and do nothing but play on your fucking phones!” I walked forward and ripped an phone right out of an girl in the front row taking pictures and texting. I dropped it on the stage floor and crushed it beneath my boot.
“I wish I was lucky enough to attend an Green Day concert every night for the hell of it. To have them live in my state and not travel for miles just to see them preform. You greedy little twats! Your so fucking lucky! To have this amazing band..” I gestured to Green Day “Live right in your backyard and you don't even care. Not when you can sit and text your friend that's sitting right next to you all night.” I glared at two girls in the second row.
“There is no word to describe it. You've all be calling me the American Idiot?! Look at yourselves for a minute. All the waste... If you don't even like the band, don't waste your money on the tickets and let someone else have them and go blow your money on something you want. Not another damn case for your phone or some stupid, pointless accessory. Technology is killing our era. We no longer enjoy doing things without our phones by our sides. Take a moment just to think about it. I'm not asking any of you to stand with me against technology. I'm asking you just to think about your lives and how much better they will be without this crap.” I finished breathless. Not going to apologize for speaking my mind.
I watched the crowd go silent before me. When I got an load of boo's as an response, I flicked an middle finger at them and dropped the mic and turned to Billie. He wasn't freaked out or horrified of me now. Almost in awe. I'm not really sure why. I wrapped my arms around him and picked him up with minimum struggle this time and went for the sandbag rope shoving him up it onto the catwalk. I followed him and grabbed his waist. Dragging him right. I called down as loudly as I could as they watched me “if you can't appreciate this band, then I'm taking them with me!” I don't have an fucking idea where this strength came from. But I wasn't backing out of it now. An load of security guards were showing up now. Looking up at us with wonder as I ushered Billie along the catwalk that wrapped the room. When something sharp and painful cut through my elbow with crippling pain. I cornered him at the edge at glared at him face as I examined the dripping mess. Had he done it?
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok. Then I'm not sure why the story turned all anti- technology. But it's pretty funny considering all through the story Green Day is trying to make their fans live in the moment.