Status: Here's Chapter one, enjoy!

Viva La Gloria I: World Tour

26. The Best Ride To The Poice Station Ever!

The ride was uneventful. I looked out the windows of my cage in the backseat of the cruiser. The bright sunset of California blinding me slightly. Dark grey storm clouds were encroaching from the east. We'd probably have some sort of storm.
The cops looked forward as they drove and left me to revel in silence. I knew what I had done, and where I was going. And to think it all could have been avoided... They patched up my wounds. My elbow and shoulder still stung but I'm glad that there were no real damage. I just refused to move my right arm because of the pain. A lot of my tattoos had disappeared under the layers of gauze making me loose sight of why I ever did any of this in the first place. I had my bandana hanging loosely around my neck now. The cops had to unmask me of course. Looks like we have an few Scooby Doo enthusiasts.
I closed my eyes and revolved around in the memories. They may not be the prettiest, but they are mine to keep.
We pulled up in front of the station and I made no move to say anything or do anything. Just stare dejectedly out the windows like I would If I were alone and not being gawked at by cops that didn't understand my story.
When they finally got out and helped me out of my cage. I just waited for orders and let my limbs do the work whole my mind was busy replaying every image I had. We walked toward the curb. They were just reaching for the door when an ear splitting squeal sounded through the air. I looked up in alarm and almost started Fangirling again... I'll never grow up will I? The bus... So familiar now parked crookedly against the curb as the door flew open and and hectic Billie Joe leapt out. He raced toward us and I ducked behind an tall officer.
He was breathless and the cops were voiceless as they stared at his parking. About to comment.
“I know it's sloppy!” Billie snapped before they could.
“But, just listen to me ok! I'd like to take her—” he pointed at me vaguely and I stared at him in disbelief.
“And bring her into my custody!” he finished triumphantly. The cops exchanged skeptical glances and looked back at him “But your the one that wanted her arrested.” they said, confused.
“Cant we just put the past behind us and let me have her?” he plead.
“Sure, whatever. She's yours. But if your body comes up missing...” he drifted off.
Billie nodded “I'm sure I can handle an 19 year old.”
I snorted.
Billie's eyes flashed to my face for a second “Whatever.”
I looked at him for some sign of sincerity that he actually wanted to drag me back into his life right after he just kicked me out.
“Come here.” he beckoned me.
I warily stepped forward. His arms wrapped hesitantly around my neck lazily. “Your going to be safe.” he muttered.
I nodded slightly. Standing there stiffly in the middle of his awkward hug. The cops shrugged and headed inside. I stepped away from him and looked at him questioningly. Since when is he my savior? That's what I want to know. The cops had taken off my handcuffs and I pulled my backpack strap tighter on my shoulders as I looked up at him. Brushing an lock of black hair across my face he said nothing. So I began.
“Why are you doing this?” I whispered. Not realizing how quiet I was until I could hardly hear myself.
He looked at me blankly for and long moment before he shrugged “I don't know why. But can you believe for whatever reason... It's a good one?” he asked hopefully.
I measured his expression and figured I could agree to that. I owe him an whole life's worth of debt for this one.
“Look... Uh I still don't know your name...” he said, embarrassed.
“Gloria. Gloria Andys.” I held out my hand and he shook it “Billie Joe.” he said it so straight faced I laughed “I know.”
He grinned too “Here, would you like an ride?” he gestured to his bus
I sighed “Where I'm headed is an little farther than you'll like to drive.” I explained.
“How far?” he asked skeptically walking up the steps into the bus.
“Wyoming.” I grinned.
He looked at me incredulously “You listen to punk over country?” he raised his eyebrows.
“I've always been an country girl. Just never fancied the repetitive music.”
He nodded. “Well your right. I can't take you home tonight. But I can buy you an plane ticket and get you back tomorrow.” he looked in the mirror as he backed out. He seriously didn't have to do this.
“You don't have to do that.” I said speaking my mind.
He shrugged and smiled “Actually I do. You came all this way to see me, I can at least meet you half way by returning the favor.”
He didn't realize just how true that statement was...
I sighed and realized there would be no more word on it as he turned onto the highway and we headed back.