Status: Here's Chapter one, enjoy!

Viva La Gloria I: World Tour

8. The City of Lights

I was right about it taking a while to travel from Denver, Colorado to New York. Three and an half days to be exact. They made an few stops along the way, and I made myself keep the promise of not getting off the bus under any standards. That was getting pretty hard towards the end. I wanted nothing more than to go outside the bus. But with the constant risk of some bystander seeing you, that's just plain out too risky. I guess we had officially reached our location because it had been silent and the bus hadn't moved well over an hour. So I figured that it's be safe to open the closet door and sneak a few peeks at my new surroundings. I took an deep breath and cracked the door wide enough to see an splinter of light. It glowed down over my face and I held my breath waiting for any sign that I, was not alone. When it seemed safe, I quietly pushed the door open the rest of the way. Stepping out of the closet and lightly putting my feet silently down on the lush dark blue carpets. I slowly shut the closet door behind me and walked down the length of the hall to the end of the bus. I looked out the back window to see where we were. The huge street that went for miles until it disappeared behind some skyscrapers. The giant building that sat beside the bus beyond the sidewalk was no doubt, the arena in Times Square. A billboard hung above the enterence with the black lettered that spelled out Green Day. The date and times were also below it. I wondered idly if it'd be safe to go outside. Beyond the safety of the bus. I probably don't have much time to make decisions here, it looks safe since it's already been arranged that Green Day, without a doubt would be preforming here tonight. I'd have to take that as an good sign.
I gathered my backpack and opened the door. Stepping off onto the warm summer street of New York.
I could feel the hysteria bubbling up inside. Killing the butterflies in my stomach and replacing them with an far worse feeling of fear. Whenever I go to far from home. For any reason, it's still enough to make me anxious and hysteric. I pulled open the front doors of the building and walked inside casually like I belonged. The lobby had naturally colored floral carpets. In the colors of brown, sienna, forest green, beige, and an deep crimson. There were ticket booths that lined both sides of the room. The walls were painted the same shade of beige from the carpets and there were tall potted plants scattered along the corners of the long room. At the end of the room, it was the swinging metal doors that are usually the enterance to any auditorium anywhere.
There were a few people in the lobby. Leaning against the walls chatting casually. Not the obsessive Green Day merch clad fans fan girling excitedly to each other. They were all so... sophisticated. It was weird to my eyes because I'm such an Green Day outcast. Unless these people aren't here for the show tomorrow night. They may just work here or hang out here when the are on break from they're oh so special New York jobs. Either way I don't have the time to people watch.
I walked slowly to the end of the room. Well aware how well I was not fitting in. I got an couple stares for not being as calm and organized as they all seemed to be. Because my looks are chaotic and my eyes flash about the room with uncertainty. Heavily rimmed by midnight black eyeliner opposed to the more natural colors the woman wore around here for eyes shadow colors atched the ugly floral rug. I shook my head and decided not to meet anymore of their eyes on my way to the door. I pushed it open and walked through. They swung shut. Concealing me from where I was now. This was my element and my own little world when I surrounded by music and other Green Day fans. Or better yet, Green Day themselves.
I brushed an strand of black hair behind my face as I walked around the top row of seats. Keeping my eyes glued to the action taking place down below. The room had been eerily silent, but now Green Day took the stage for practice. I guess they never got out of that frame of mind where you always feel the need to practice no matter how good you are.
An small practice amp and the four of them goofing around on stage. Laughing over some ridiculous thing Tre was doing. In the very front row sat an few people. Probably Rob Cavallo and an few other people. Coaching Green Day.
I smiled, not in secrecy like I normally would. I let my grin spread as wide as it possibly could as I approached the stage.