Status: Currently writing

You're In New York, I'm In L.A

003

I sighed, taking his hand and pulling myself up off the floor. I wanted to let go of his hand, I know I did, or at least I thought I did, but at least thirty seconds passed and we still held onto the other’s hand tightly.

I never meant to hold on so long, but it felt like home, yet again. Being this close to him brought make so many memories I wish I could shrug off.

Thankfully, Travis pulled away first and if he didn’t, I don’t think I would of either. “Inside, yeah?” he said, looking at me. I just nodded. My body wouldn’t let me say anything. I was just stood frozen on the spot, suddenly forgetting why I ever hated him. “This way,” he said, breaking the silence I created as he led me through the stage door then onto the stage. The room that was filled with screaming fan girls now only had the two of us stood in it. So much as a breath was echoed throughout the silence and you could probably hear a pin drop if it were to hit the floor.

Travis walked forward hitting down and dangling his legs over the stage. I followed suit, not wanting to look like an idiot stood on the stage on my own. He looked at me, smiling softly before looking forward. I looked down at my lap, playing with the hem of my skirt. I had no idea what to say.

“Why did you stop responding to me?” he spoke up, breaking the silence I created, yet again.

“I…” I said, looking up at him. His eyes were slightly glazed, as if he was about to cry. I felt my eyes watering up slightly before closing my eyes and looking down at my lap again. “You weren’t the same guy that was my best friend anymore.”

“I’m still Travis, April. I’m still me. I’m still the same guy you met the first day of high school.”

“Please, Travis, just please,” I whispered, opening my eyes.

“What? It’s true!” He said, his voice slightly raised.

“You’re not the same Travis!” I said, turning to look at him. “The drugs, the girls, everything. The music, it’s great. There’s no denying that I love the music you make and I’m proud of you because it’s what you always wanted to do, but everything else that came with it, that’s not you.”

Travis gulped, his head dropping. He nodded a little. “Everything else makes me forget that I lost you,” he mumbled.

“What?” I asked, raising my eyebrow.

“It hurt so fucking much, watching you walk out of my life. You were leaving L.A, you were coming here. There’s no way I would have asked you to stay, but you meant, you mean so much to me. You were the only one I ever trusted. You just… left. The drugs, alcohol, girls, everything was to try and numb the pain of losing the best person I knew.”

I was silent. I didn’t know how to answer it. Everything I hated him for, I caused. “Travis… I,” was all I could spit out.

“You don’t owe me anything, you don’t,” he said, looking up at me. “I… I never got to tell you something, though.”

“What was it?” I asked, biting my lip gently.

“I love you,” he whispered.

“Travis… you told me that all the time. I love you too, you know that. I was bei-“ I was speaking before he cut me off.

“No, April. I love you. As in, in love with you. I always was. I couldn’t tell you because you were leaving and that’s where everything else came in to numb the pain. I thought I was over you but seeing you again made me realise I’ve never been over you. I made sure we always done shows in New York hoping, like tonight, you’d come. Finally, you’re here and I got to tell you,” he said, biting on his lip after he finished.

I was gobsmacked. I didn’t know what to say again. I looked him in the eyes then gazed over all his features. It was in that moment I realised how attractive I thought my best friend was, and how I always had.

“Well… say something,” he said. I just continued to stare him in the eyes, moving closer to him.

“I’ll let this do the talking,” I whispered, placing my hand on the side of his neck, moving my face closer to his. Our lips were inches apart before I closed the distance, kissing his lips as my eyes fell shut. I instantly felt him kiss back, one of his arms snaking around my waist and pulling me closer to his body. My other hand had made its way to his neck, both hands moving to the back of his neck.

After a few moments of kissing, he pulled me onto his lap. Now straddling him, he laid back on the stage. I fell down with him, still straddling him. His hands moved down my back to where they slightly cupped my ass, causing a giggle to fall out of my lips as we kissed.

God, what was I doing? This wasn’t what I had planned when Ariana suggested coming to the show.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's taken me so long to write another chapter. I've been so busy with school work and everything, but I should be writing more now.