Sequel: Dangerously Close
Status: Completed ♥

Sunrise at Midnight

Another Day With the Weasleys

I stared out the window in Ginny's room, letting out a large sigh. It had already been ten years since my little one-year-old brother, Harry, had died. The rumors still lingered around every now and then that he was the "Chosen One" that survived Voldemort's attack and defeated him. I was there, I'd tell everyone who brought it up. I may not have seen it myself, but Severus had told me so himself. Bloody hell, even Dumbledore had told me. But somehow, my visions didn't seem to agree with it though as all I could picture is a boy with black hair and blue eyes. He reminded me of my father, but it obviously couldn't be Harry.

All my life I'd have visions about the future, I'd imagine people, things. Anything basically. But of course some of the times my visions weren't accurate and the events never occurred.
Or maybe I just didn't believe in them.

I shook off the thought of my family that were now in a grave buried six feet underground. I wanted to forget about it and move on. Last thing I need is to be going insane.

Suddenly the door burst open and walking in were my two favorite twins in the whole universe - Fred and George Weasley.

"Wotcher, Rose! You coming down to eat," Fred asked.

"You skipped breakfast," George added.

"You must be starving."

"Go eat!"

I shrugged. "I don't know. I don't feel hungry."

And that same moment my stomach growled.

The twins looked at me, clearly not buying my lie. I sighed and gave up. They were too clever to outsmart. "I've just been thinking, I kind of wanted to be alone. But I guess I could grab a bite."
They grinned. "Good, now go out there before we have to drag you downstairs!"

"Gits," I said under my breath.

They seemed to ignore my comment and began explaining to me all about the prank they were pulling on Ron. Apparently, they had stuck a fake spider inside of his bowl so when he begins to eat his stew, he's going to be in for a surprise. It was always hilarious when the twins pranked someone, and most of the times that they used someone's fears against them, it was even funnier.

When we made it downstairs and reached the dining table, I was greeted by a warm hug from Mrs. Weasley.

"Good to see you, dear! Sit down, I made your favorite!"

My stomach began to groan even more as I looked down at the bowl of mushroom stew placed on the table in front of me. Without hesitation, I began to devour the meal, thanking Molly.

"Oh dear! I forgot, while you were sleeping I took the kids out to Diagon Alley to get their supplies. I would've woken you but I was afraid that would be a rude gesture," she blabbered.

Did she really think I was sleeping while up in my room?

"No, really Molly, it's okay. I can go today."

"Alone? Are you sure, Rosalie? It's quite dangerous. I can take you tomorrow," she offered.

"It's fine. I know defense spells, I can handle myself."

She sighed. "As you wish."

Before anyone could speak again or even take in some air, Ron let out an ear-piercing screech and jumped out of his chair and behind Mrs. Weasley. Everyone broke out into fists of laughter except for Percy, Mrs. Weasley, and Ron. Ron's ears went red as he realized the spider was plastic and he had just embarrassed himself in front of everyone. Mrs. Weasley looked rather disappointed while Percy was just annoyed.

Typical Percy, never was one for jokes.

Why wouldn't he just lighten up?

"Dearly sorry mother, but I have some last minute studies to catch up on. If you'd excuse me," he dismissed himself.

And with that he was off.

Soon Arthur was gone too - he was needed at the Ministry.

When everyone finished with their stew, I helped Mrs. Weasley with the dishes. She insisted I go up and change so I could go get my books and supplies, but I wouldn't allow her to do it alone.
Plus it was just a wave of a wand right?

It only took five minutes to have every dish washed and dryed, but in the end when I wasn't paying attention, I ended up spraying water all over my tee.

"Bollocks! And this was a new shirt, too," I groaned, looking down at my now soaked blacked shirt.
"Don't worry, Rose! I'll dry that up for you while you're gone," she offered, giving my back a small pat of assurance.

Molly to me was my second mum. She was so caring and loving it was hard not to love her. In Hogwarts I had Dumbledore, Professor Snape, and Rayne to assure to when I had problems or doubts, but outside of Hogwarts I had absolutely no one but her, Mr. Weasley - scratch that, Arthur - and their kids who were my closest friends.

Except for Percy.

I doubt anyone likes him.

I ran upstairs and searched for something to throw on. I settled on some black skinny jeans, a simple white printed tee, and my favorite black robe. I looked in the mirror and sighed at my hair. I hadn't brushed it since I woke up so I had a massive bedhead. It looked like bees had turned my hair into a hive. I began brushing it out and I braided it. Deciding some makeup wouldn't kill anyone, I did my eyeliner winged and put on some mascara and lipstick.

I could stare at myself in the mirror for ages and still feel it wasn't enough. Sighing I threw on some boots.

I couldn't care if I looked bloody decent or not.

I pinned my Gryffindor badge onto my robe and smiled. There was nothing wrong with showing house pride now, was there?

I walked out and closed the door. While walking down the stairs I ran into Ginny. She smiled while chuckling.

"Do I look that bad, Ginny," I asked, giggling with her.

"No! You look gorgeous," she complimented.

I laughed. "Thanks, I'll see you when I get back!"

She nodded and I continued walking down the steps. At the bottom Ron was talking with Molly. Molly clapped her hands when she saw me, almost giving Ron a heart attack.

"Darling, you look great! But are you positive you want to go alone? I can go upstairs and change quickly or you can ask Fred and George to come alo -"

"Really, Mrs. Weasley. I'm fine. I have this trusty thing to keep me safe," I pointed out, pulling out my wand. It was beautiful to me. It was Ebony with a phoenix feather core, and was a length of twelve and three-quarter inches. The handle had a beautiful rose pattern on it.

"Okay, fine. Well you go on! Take your list!"

She handed me the list with the things I needed for my third year. I looked over it and nodded, tucking it in my pocket. "I'll be sure to get everything."

I grabbed a bit of floo powder from the flower pot. Fred and George came running down the stairs. "Bye Rosalie," they yelled in unison.

"Bye guys!"

With that, I took a deep breath and yelled, "Diagon Alley," while releasing the floo powder. And then the green flames swallowed me up, taking me away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh yay, chapter one! :)
I'm really excited for this story. It's going to unfold a lot, I have big plans for it. :)
Be sure to comment and recommend x I love hearing back from readers!