Sequel: Dangerously Close
Status: Completed ♥

Sunrise at Midnight

Them Blasted Trolls

A month.
That's how much time has passed since he found out.
A month.
That's how much time has passed since we both cried, talked, and shared our first, real sister-brother moment.
That month was the best month I've had in a long time.
I'll be honest, I didn't expect him to believe me. I was surprised when he did. Knowing anyone would do or say anything to be close to "The Chosen One" made the chances of him actually believing the truth of me being his sister slim. But I was glad he did. Because, finally, I have a brother.
And not a dead one.
No one awkwardly glanced at us anymore. After they found out that we knew, the students were back to normal, and the tension decreased immensely. Also Professors could refer to us as siblings now, and not stutter every time me and Harry were together (although Professor Quirrell was still doing his usual stuttering). Me and Harry would sit together in meals, talk about anything and everything there was to talk about. Play and joke around.
I couldn't have asked for a better month.
The time passed slowly. The days seemed to drag on, and the weather grew colder and colder, but it didn't matter. It felt like every ticking second was more precious than the past one. Why? I didn't know.
It just did.
But that month passed, and seconds are still ticking. And here I am.
Today was Halloween - which wasn't exactly a favorite holiday of mine. As I walked down the corridor, I could see how many people were excited. The only thing I liked about Halloween was the large feast in the Great Hall at dinner. I couldn't deny the meals were cooked great every holiday here.
"Today is gonna be great," Rayne exclaimed joyfully. She was always ecstatic on holidays,
"Please, you're just excited for the food," I said, grinning at her.
"You know me too well."
We both chuckled and continued our way down the corridors. We didn't know really where we were going - we were just wandering around and seeing where we wound up at. During free periods, we would always stroll around the castle.
After several minutes of wandering, I realized we were in the dungeons.
"Ew," I mumbled in disgust. "We're in Slytherin territory. Let's turn back," I told Rayne.
She nodded in disgust too, and turned on her heel, walking away. I was about to turn around and follow her when I noticed Professor Snape talking to Professor Quirrell. But that wasn't the unusual thing. I walked towards the wall behind the Potions classroom and watched them. Snape lifted his robe a little bit and I could see a large cut on his leg. I flinched a bit at the sight, but luckily he put the robe down quickly. I watched as Quirrell walked away after saying them, and Snape walk back into the Potions room.
I walked into the Potions room to see Snape taking a seat in his office. His head shot up at the sound of the door.
"Oh, miss Potter, it's a surprise to see you here," he said in usual bored voice.
I rolled my eyes at his tone. "May I ask, what happened to your leg?"
The potions master's eyes widened. "How did you know I have a cut on my leg?"
I sighed. "Professor, I'm not exactly a bloody idiot. Now, are you going to tell me?"
"And how do I know you won't go running off telling someone? You're not exactly the trustworthy type," he snapped.
Ouch.
"Then I guess you don't know me that well, do you? I mean, even after knowing me for three years and helping me the night of the attack at my house," I spat back at him.
He cringed a bit at the memory of that night. "Fine, Potter. I was attacked."
"I would ask who in their right mind would attack you, but I have a few answers of my own."
He rolled his eyes at my comment. "It wasn't a person."
I took a seat in one of the student desks, but immediately jumped up and ran to the other desk once I realized it was on the Slytherin's side of the table. He just laughed coldly at my action.
"If it wasn't a person, then what was it? Did you go to the Forbidden Forest or something," I asked, curious to find out what had caused it.
"It was a large dog," Professor Snape answered.
I stared at him blankly before letting out a loud laugh. "A dog? A bloody dog? A dog can't do that!"
He glared at me and I immediately shut up.
"If it is a dog twice your size with three heads, it very well can, miss Potter," Snape sneered.
I stared at him blankly again. "A three headed dog? There can't possibly be something like that anywhere near this area, even the Forbidden Forest."
He stood up, pressing his palm to his desk to keep him standing up. "Well, there is, Potter."
"You're bluffing."
He rolled his eyes and sat back down. "You're completely useless."
I grinned. "Thank you. So are you."
After silence, I stood up and walked over to the desk. "Do you need help healing your leg or something? At least bandage it, you know."
He eyed me as if I had just grown a second head. "Why would I need to do that, Potter?"
"Because if you don't you're going to bleed to death, and I'll probably sit and laugh," I remarked.
"How in the name of Merlin are you going to bandage this? Last time you tried to bandage Rayne's cut you made her look like her whole leg had been mummified," he spat.
I laughed, remembering the time I was teaching Rayne to fly and she fell on her arm, and I had bandaged her so much she looked like a mummy. We always teased her about it, but she always tagged along and pretended she was, in fact, a mummy.
"Yeah, but it still prevented the bleeding."
"Thank you very much but I rather keep it the least noticeable as possible," Professor Snape said in his cold tone.
I rolled my eyes. I swear, he was always so rude.
"Well, I'm going to leave then - I bet dinner is about to start and the last thing I need is to be late."
Snape nodded and shooed me off. Before I could leave, I remembered something.
"Oh, Professor."
He looked back up at me, raising a brow. "What could you possibly want now, Potter?"
"I wanted to ask you - last month in the Gryffindor versus Slytherin match, Harry's broom was going out of control. I saw you muttering a spell before your robes set on fire. Answer me honestly, please. Was it you who was doing that," I asked.
He shook his head. "Potter, do you honestly think I'm cruel enough to do something like kill your brother," he snapped.
"Well, actually -"
"Don't answer that. And for your information, no I was not. I was actually muttering a counter spell."
I nodded, but I didn't know whether to believe him. Snape would be capable of doing something like that, but I trusted him.
"Ok," was all I said before walking out the door and towards the Great Hall.
I continued my way through the hall when I saw Professor Quirrell running towards the doors of the Great Hall with a panicked expression. He continued running, ignoring my presence, as he kept on being frightened and yelling things I couldn't make out. When he opened the doors, I followed behind and watched as began to yell "Troll in the dungeon! Troll in the dungeon!"
Everyone stared at him with the same frightened expression.
"Thought you should know."
And with that, he blacked out onto the floor.
Immediately, screams were heard all around the Hall as the students ran and pushed their way out of the Hall in a panicked rush. Everyone was scared, and so was I.
But then I realized something.
Harry wasn't in the Hall.
I immediately began running and shoving through students. Maybe he was in the Gryffindor tower. Maybe I'm panicking for no reason. I tried to tell myself things to calm me down as I searched for my eleven year old brother.
I passed by the girl's bathroom and stopped on my heel rapidly as I realized what scene I had just passed by. I turned back to the entrance of the bathroom to see Ron and Hermione staring at Harry in shock, while Harry looked down at the dead troll at his feet.
I ran in and pulled them all in a hug. "Guys! I was so worried, what happened," I asked.
"I came in the bathroom because Ron had made a nasty comment about me, and then I found myself face-to-face with a troll, but Ron and Harry came to save me," Hermione explained, panting a little bit.
"God, how did two eleven year olds fight off a troll and not get good grades in Potions," I joked as I pulled them in for another hug. "I'm glad you're okay."
After having a run-in with Professor McGonagall and having to explain why Harry and Ron were in the girl's bathroom, we ran back to the Gryffindor common room where some people were still panicking about the troll. Luckily, they all calmed down as soon as they found out that the troll was defeated. After saying goodnight to everyone, I ran up to the girl's dormitory and entered the third year dorms. I removed my robe and threw it on the ground, leaving me in my pants and shirt. I jumped onto the bed and pulled the covers on top of me, falling asleep, dreaming of trolls.
Them blasted trolls.
♠ ♠ ♠
God I just love Snape and Rosalie's relationship.
For those of you that don't understand why Rosalie is always going to Snape and stuff, although Snape is a complete and utter ass, Rosalie trusts him and Snape trusts Rosalie and Rosalie has always gone to Snape during her troubled times the three years she's been in Hogwarts. So he's kind of a friend? I don't even know what to call him to be honest. I wouldn't say father figure, but maybe a friend?
Anyways.
I apologize for just lying and not updating on Tuesday. I don't even have an excuse except that I had writer's block and I didn't know what in the heavens name to write.
As for the idea that was mentioned in my previous Author's Note. For those who also don't understand what it was or what it meant, was that one of my lovely readers and friends had the idea that I write Books 4, 5, and 6 after Book 1, and then after Book 6 write Books 2, 3, and then 7. I have actually made my decision and decided I'm going to follow that idea! So after this book, will be Book 4, which is titled Dangerously Close. Once the layout is complete, I will post the summary so you guys can go recommend it and stufffff
As always, thank you to my beautiful commenters:
targaryen.
IWillMakeYouScream
lovelessbird
forbiddensecrets
stephaniek

You guys are the best <3
I'm leaving to Kentucky tomorrow, and I have to be trapped inside of a hotel and restaurants for a majority of the time, so I might be able to get one or two updates done over there. But since I'll be writing on my iPad, they may come a little slow if I write over there. I'm only going until Monday though, so don't worry!
Have a good day, guys! Don't get attacked by trolls. Because they're evil and ugly.