Sequel: Dangerously Close
Status: Completed ♥

Sunrise at Midnight

Gryffindor Seeker

"You what," Oliver Wood, the Gryffindor Quidditch team captain exclaimed, choking on the pumpkin juice he was drinking. "Have you lost your damn mind?!"

I let out a sigh. "Oliver, you need a new Chaser. I play better Chaser than I do Seeker. I want to change spots and you bloody hell won't stop me."

"Ok, so who's going to be the team's Seeker then, huh? I doubt we can find a new one in time against the Slytherins, and we sure as hell won't forfeit the match," he complained.

I slammed my head against the table, losing all my patience. "It would have been the exact same situation if I stayed Seeker - you'd need to find a new Chaser. You are a complete and utter ass sometimes, Wood."

He rolled his eyes and huffed. "Fine, Rosalie. But if I don't find one in time, I'm holding you accountable!"

Laughing, I smacked my fist on the table in victory.

"Yes! You should know I always win, Oliver," I mocked, still chuckling.

I took a forkful of eggs from my platter and shoved them in my mouth, chewing. After swallowing, I turned my head to the end of the Gryffindor table, taking a glance at the red-headed boy with the black-haired boy. They were involved in deep conversation. He turned to me and I gave him a small smile, which he returned before turning to reply to Ron.

"You have to tell him at some point," a voice spoke next to me, startling me a bit. I turned to see George who gave me an I-feel-bad-for-you look. He hadn't said a word since me, him, and Fred entered the Great Hall.

I looked down at the plate and mumbled a reply. "Yeah, I know."

When Hermione introduced me to Harry, it wasn't as bad as I expected. I suspected different but luckily I was wrong. I thanked Merlin he thought it was coincidental we had the same last name.

"Harry, this is Rosalie. Rosalie, this is Harry Potter," Hermione said, emphasing the last name.

He smiled and took my hand into his, shaking it. I could feel the chills running down my spine. It felt so unreal, so weird, but yet so right to see him in front of me. "It's nice to meet you, Rosalie....erm?"

I sighed. "Potter."

Harry gaped a bit and then chuckled. "That's quite a coincidence. I didn't really know that name was common. It was nice meeting you anyways, Rosalie. See you around," he spoke, before walking away.

Yeah, quite the coincidence.


I had been lucky enough to have even spoken a few words to him apart from that day. It all didn't add up somehow, but it also did. I was still trying to get used to the feeling of knowing my youngrt brother, was in fact still alive and I had the opportunity to see, and speak, to him.

I was suddenly awoken by my thoughts when I realized something.

"Have you guys seen Rayne," I asked the Weasley twins.

Fred bit his lip, trying to hold back laughter whileGeorge burst out laughing suddenly. I gave them a puzzled look and Fred spoke up, still trying not to break into fists of laughter.

"No idea."

"What's so funny," I asked, chuckling.

"Nothing," they both said at the same time.

I rolled my eyes at them and got up, getting ready to walk out of the Hall and out to my first class of the day - Charms. As soon as I opened the door, a balloon came in contact with my head and exploded, releasing a load of water onto me.

I opened my mouth in shock, as I was drenched in the icy cold water. I heard laughter roaring from the Great Hall and I rolled my eyes. I looked up to see Peeves the Poltergeist cackling at his clever prank.

"Peeves! You will fucking pay for this," I bellowed and ran after him as he floated away, laughing still.

I tried running after him longer but he eventually disappeared onto the other side of a room that was locked. I cursed under my breath and made my way back towards the Gryffindor common room to change out of my soaked robes and dry my now damp hair. As I was about to enter the common room, I heard laughter behind me.

I turned around to see Fred, George, and Rayne dying of laughter. "Looks like someone had a little incident," Rayne exclaimed through her laughs.

"It's not funny," I said, laughing along. "Peeves decided it'd be fun to make me look like I threw myself inside of the lake."

I said the password and walked into the common room. I headed up towards the third year Girl dormitories, walking to my trunk. I searched through it for a new set of robes. I removed my current robe and grabbed my wand from the pocket. I walked to the bathroom and began to dry out my hair, grumbling.

I ran down the stairs with my wand in hand, stuffing it in my wand pocket in the robe. I walked towards Charms and took my seat, watching as Professor Flitwick sat on top of his chair that was piled with cushions and began looking through papers. Students began filing in, taking their seats. Eventually, the class began.

During class, I battled my mind as it kept dozing off. I fought with my conscience to keep paying attention, but to no attempt. I groaned and suddenly all the class's attention was on me.

"Miss Potter, is there a problem," Professor Flitwick asked.

I bit my lip. "No, Professor."

He nodded and continued his lesson. I was about to go into another war with my mind when the door burst open.

"Professor Flitwick! I need Miss Rosalie Potter right away. Quidditch duties. As co-captain of the team, she must attend to them," McGonagall's voice spoke up.

I stood up and turned to see her eyeing me. I turned to Flitwick, who just made a hand motion for me to scurry along if I was needed. I walked out of the classroom and began following Professor McGonagall towards the Pitch.

"Professor, may I ask what's going on," I asked.

"We found a new Seeker," she said happily. "As co-captain, you're supposed to be with Oliver right now, you're going to explain to him how Quidditch works."

I gave her a confused look, furrowing my brows. "What do you mean explain how Quidditch works? Why would we give the position to someone who doesn't even know the rules of the game?"

She let out a small laugh. "Miss Potter, this boy is an excellent flyer, you'd be surprised." Oh, so it's a guy. "And I think you might be interested as to who it is."

Professor McGonagall stopped as we reached the passageway leading out to the Pitch. She nodded at me and walked away. I continued walking out towards the Pitch and gasped a bit at what I saw.

"Oliver, do you care to explain what's going on," I asked as I eyed the boy standing next to him who was looking at the Bludger ball.

Both of the boys turned to face me. Harry and Oliver.

"Oh, Rosalie! This is our new Seeker, Harry," he said, eyeing me. "Is there a problem," he asked.

Harry looked at me a bit confusingly and nervously. I motioned Oliver to come to where I was standing.

"My brother is going to be the new Seeker," I whispered, bewildered.

"McGonagall said he's a really good flyer. I haven't seen it myself but I believe her. Have you not seen how good your father was of a flyer?"

I gulped a bit at the mention of my father but shook it away. "Fine, let's see what he can do."

I walked up to Harry. "Hi Harry. It's nice to see you again. Can I ask you, how did McGonagall choose you to be Seeker," I asked him.

He nodded. "Yeah, I was in Flying lessons with Madam Hooch and Neville Longbottom fell off his broom. Madam Hooch took him to the Hospital Wing and then this kid Malfoy -"

I sighed. "Why is it always Malfoy?"

He raised a brow. "You know who he is?"

"Long story, continue."

Oliver looked at me and smirked. I rolled my eyes at him and turned back to Harry.

"Well, he took this ball that belonged to Neville, and he got on his broom and flew up with it, and I chased after him for it. I told him to let it go and he threw it, and I flew after it and just kinda dived for it. When I came back down, Professor McGonagall said she wanted to speak with me."

I nodded. "Alright. How much has Oliver explained about the game, Quidditch," I questioned.

"So far, he's taught me about Quaffles and Bludgers. He was about to teach me about the Snitch," Harry said, pointing at the little golden ball with wings in the case.

I nodded. "Okay, I have to get back to classes, but welcome to the team," I said giving him a pat on the shoulder.

I was about to walk out, but then I turned to say something. "Oh, and Harry."

He turned to me and raised a brow. "Yeah?"

"Don't worry about Malfoy, he's always an arse," I said with a chuckle.

He laughed along and nodded. Oliver walked up to me and gave me a pat on the back.

"Brother like sister," he mumbled, making sure only I heard.

I laughed and playfully punched his shoulder and began walking back towards classes. I couldn't help but allow the large smile that crept onto my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Another update!
Sorry this one was up a little bit late right after I promised faster updates! My laptop keeps having problems so it takes me a bit longer to write. But I finally completed this chapter and I absolutely love it!
Next chapter is going to be a bit...interesting *evil smirk*
So make sure to recommend and comment if you're excited for next chapter!
As always thank you so, so much to my lovely commenters targaryen. lovelessbird because they motivate me to keep writing! And I dedicate this chapter to targaryen. because today is her birthdayyy! Happy birthday, Bekah!
Also, I wanted to make it clear who portrays my OCs.
Rosalie is played by Bethany Mota (Do you get my motavate joke now? c;)
Rayne is played by Indiana Evans
and Bella Moreno (the slytherin that Rosalie told to piss off like, last chapter) is played by Lucy Hale!