Status: Hiatus

Like the Crescent Moon

A Space to Fill

I sit crossing my eyes while I stare at my butterfly man smoke his hookah. He sighs and releases smoke rings into the air. His shoulder length aqua green hair sways in the ever so slight breeze caused by the gentle flapping of his dark red wings with their elegant swirls of black and blue. I count the times the colors meet on his left wing. I am so bored. I roll my eye and growl. I hate it when I am bored. He opens his eyes and electric blue iris gaze into my very being. I shift my weight on the tall green mushroom that I am currently occupying; I place my feet over the side and let them dangle. I am hoping it will give me a cheap thrill, but what I really need is a hunt. I tug at my ears and groan.

“Something is missing Arrow.” I huff and kick my feet in a fit. “I need to find it.”

He licked his carnation pink lips and laughs at my antics.

“That’s what you said last time and you came here dragging twin boys.” I smile coyly at him.

I am very fond of my last find. The Dumdee boys are quite amusing and very handsome. I see a flash of anger in his eyes but it fades as quickly as it came. Typically Arrow, always wanting to be the one who is the closest to me. I should soothe his ego.

“You know no one will take your place Arrow. You are the wisest one, I didn’t catch you, you caught me.” I bat my eyes at him as he flies to my side and pushes a piece of my hair back behind my ears.

“That is why I am the only one who truly knows you.” I lean my head against his shoulder.

Even I can't deny that truth.

“Yes, only you know the secrets I hold." I give him a small grin before the aching feeling fills my chest again. "Still one element keeps everything from being perfect here.” I pout my lips before switching over to biting the inside of my cheek. I keep the wheels in my head turning trying to find what it is. I know that Arrow has the answer. “What do you think?”

He looked up at the neon gray sky with white wispy clouds and pink swirls floating in the air from the party that we had earlier.

“We are missing a smile.” My eyes crawl over his ivory skin and I feel myself grinning.

“Oh Arrow, you are always on target.” I squeal.

"That's why you gave me the name." He grins triumphantly.

I don't waste time saying another word. I jump off the top of my fifty foot mushroom and run. It’s time for me to pay a visit to the land of the strange ones again.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)