Status: Hiatus

Like the Crescent Moon

Up the Rabbit Hole

I watch as she fidgets in her skirt and pouts at her long black hair in the mirror attached to her locker. She moves her hair to the side giving me a perfect view of her eyes, those strange aqua blue eyes, surrounded by thick, long black lashes. I can see myself running my hand over her high cheekbones. The way the soft olive tone of her skin curves beautifully over the shape of her face makes me want to kiss her. She slams the door shut and starts to walk off. I watch as her hips sway from side to side as she makes her way through the hallways. I try to look away but I just can’t, it's like her body was sending hypnotize rays and I was under her spell. I have never seen her before; she must be the new girl all the boys were abuzz about. I can see why too. She is gorgeous, like she walked out of a Hollywood film and landed here in Potter County, Pennsylvania. I mean the most exciting thing around here is cherry springs state park, so why would she be here? When she finally turns the corner I shake my head and make my way to my class. The one I am now late to, the late bell rings out and I shrug. Whatever, the teacher can wait; they get paid to teach me not for me to make them happy.

“Cecil,” I hear my name being called and I turn around to find Jack heading towards me.

I give him a quick head nod and lean against some lockers waiting for him to catch up. He picks up the pace, his stupid hair falling into his face a dozen times before he is standing in front of me.

“Dude,” I shake my head at him, “you need to get a haircut, you are starting to look like a chick. An ugly chick at that,” I laugh as a see a defensive look cross his face.

“It’s not that bad,” he straightens up his posture trying to look cool. “Besides Sarah Lynn says she likes it and she is the hottest girl in school.”

I think of Sarah’s lush lips, hazel eyes and bouncy strawberry colored curls. She is hot, then the girl from earlier flashes in my head. I thought of the hourglass shape of her body and smile wickedly.

“Not anymore dude.” Jack gives me a look of confusion as we enter the classroom.

“What do you mean?” The teacher throws us a dirty look and marks us late in her book.

“I saw the new girl.” I sit in the back row with Jack to my left and Chris to my right.

“What did she look like man?” Chris bites obsessively on his pen cap waiting for an answer.

“Class I would like to introduce Mirana to you. She is fairly new in town and this is here first day here so be nice.” The teacher shuffles through papers and gives Mirana a head nod to speak to us.

“That’s her,” I whisper while looking into her aqua hooded eyes.

Her lips were the color of rose petals. I watch then as they twist into an excited grin. The way her eyes gleam I could see that she is a trouble maker. I really like trouble markers. She runs her tongue across her lips eyes trained on me.

“I am Mirana. I love Wonderland and I am here to search for someone.” Her eyes never once wavering from mine.

“I’ll be that someone,” Matt yells out and she rolls her eyes.

She takes the seat right in front of me and turns to smile at me before the teacher sees her.

“I think you are who I am looking for.”

Things just got interesting.